HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Olli Jokinen

Old
06-08-2008, 06:02 PM
chi777

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davej0122 View Post
pominville is one ofthe best two way forwards in the game, and he is young. HE led the team in plus minus and was second on the team with points. and he has too much upside and probable letter wearer next year
I know what he is. But we are good enough at RW where we can afford to lose him while giving us one of the better centers in the game.

Joikinen hasn't missed a game in 4 seasons and he's a hitter, true power forward. He also can score and put up points. I believe he's also already a captain so he brings some leadership qualities. We'd basically be moving the talent from RW, where we are heavy, to center, where we are quite thin.

And why would Floridia want anything less for an established player?

chi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:03 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames 4 Life View Post
Fixed it for you.
Yeah, if this was Dec 07. You don't have a clue about Schneider and are basing your opinion on old threads you read on the Canucks forum? lol

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:30 PM
RC51

I don't think MTL would offer a lot, in fact a lot has changed and a lot has come out concerning OJ. He is not easy to get along with anymore.
Something is up with him and a lot of GM's know it. He is turning into a head case I think.
So maybe you do take a chance on him, but with such a big gamble in money and cap room he had better NOT cost you much to get.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
So maybe you do take a chance on him, but with such a big gamble in money and cap room he had better NOT cost you much to get.
How is $5M a gamble for a player who in a poor season put up over 30 goals and 70 points? He's cheaper than Marleau and more productive to boot and people are talking about giving up good assets to land Marleau.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I don't think MTL would offer a lot, in fact a lot has changed and a lot has come out concerning OJ. He is not easy to get along with anymore.
Something is up with him and a lot of GM's know it. He is turning into a head case I think.
A headcase? How'd you deduce that? He's fine to get along with, he just doesn't get along with Martin, apparently. He's made some mistakes, but he's also done alot here as well. He's not a headcase.

As Griffin said, 5 mil for a PPG player isn't a gamble, at all.

06-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Hemsky4PM

I think Jokinen would be great on a team where he doesn't need to be "the guy". He's still one of the most prolific pp goal scorers in the league. He'd be great in a place like SJ or Montreal.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
A headcase? How'd you deduce that? He's fine to get along with, he just doesn't get along with Martin, apparently. He's made some mistakes, but he's also done alot here as well. He's not a headcase.

As Griffin said, 5 mil for a PPG player isn't a gamble, at all.
Exactly. Jokinen has never been a "me-first" player. He gives a lot to the community and is willing to stick it out with an owner, GMs, and a team as a whole that have shown very little interest in improving or competing over the last decade. Maybe his willingness to stick it out is a mental problem in itself, but that's about the only case for calling him a headcase I can see.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote