HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any hope for Perezhogin?

Old
06-09-2008, 07:01 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

vCash: 500
He's not really good. My only hope is that we could trade his rights for a 7th round pick. That would be sweet.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Uwey

7th rd???

I would make it conditional pick that would proportionate to his performance on the team he is traded to, thus the reason I say make it a pick for '09.

Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 08:46 PM
JrHockeyFan

Perez to me was neither a disappointment or a player I expected big things from. When he signed in the RSL I don't think there were any earth tremors in the NHL other than concerns that bigger names might be signed away from the NHL

I don't expect to see him back. He struck me as a kid that was out of place. His self imposed hiatus for his stick swinging did not help matters. It probably cost him huge in terms of adapting to the NA game and language and players etc

I'd much sooner hope to see Yemelin given a choice

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 08:48 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
They dont have taxes in Russia lol?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
madbox

I don't think Perezhogin got a fair shot given the potential he had an as offensive player. After an impressive start filling in for Zednik with Koivu and Kovalev he got bumped down often his production and hurting his confidence. He had a great speed with some hands and a shot and was better than a checker which is what he became with us... granted, the PB&J were highly effective in his last season here.

Still hoping one day he'll come back and give it another go.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 07:30 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Excellent post.

People here tend to over-rated (in some cases, grossly) the young players Montreal has. A few years down the line, they usually turn on them (a la Michael Ryder) then focus their energy on the new Next Big Thing.

Perezoghin - who did very little to earn his heady praise - left the Canadiens while he was still a young player in that honeymoon stage, and now he will be forever the one that got away around here.

Too bad the perception doesn't match the reality.
Very little? How about his play at the WJC's when he was 19? How about his paly in Hamilton where he was more impressive then Higgins during their rookie year. Or the good year he had in the RSL before coming over and the better year he had during the lockout.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If I'm not mistaken Alex is making 2 mill tax free, which to get here and would be fair is like 3? i'm sure it's probably less, but that's probably what he'd want. I think it's best to trade him rights to a team that has cap room

See if we can land a 2nd for THIS draft.
He would have to make 4M to match the $ here. He would be in the 45-50% tax bracket.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 09:21 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'd love to see Perezhogin back with the team. He was great on the PB&J line and I think the offensive potential was there. Having him would make it increasingly easier to ice three offensive lines.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 09:34 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
They dont have taxes in Russia lol?
In Soviet Russia, taxes pay you!!!

Perez really doesn't seem to want to be here. He can stay in Russia as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-10-2008 at 02:26 PM.
LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 09:53 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Well if there is Hope it is slim.
I would love to have him back though he was one of my favourite players too bad he never got another long term chance on an offensive line.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Perez to me was neither a disappointment or a player I expected big things from. When he signed in the RSL I don't think there were any earth tremors in the NHL other than concerns that bigger names might be signed away from the NHL

I don't expect to see him back. He struck me as a kid that was out of place. His self imposed hiatus for his stick swinging did not help matters. It probably cost him huge in terms of adapting to the NA game and language and players etc

I'd much sooner hope to see Yemelin given a choice

Just get out !! You don't know anything about hockey if you think Perezhogin looked out of place !! He was probably one of the most effective player in his last season with Montreal, leading his team in +/- !! Even though, Carbo didn't give him his chance on an offensive line, he did pretty good with two "Superstars" like Bonk and Johnson...

Perezhogin >> Latendresse, Ryder, Begin, Lapierre, Chipchura, Smolinspuke, Dandenault, Streit at Forward and Kostopoulos

The Habs would be able to ice easilly three offensive lines with him in the line-up.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 10:17 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Just get out !! You don't know anything about hockey if you think Perezhogin looked out of place !! He was probably one of the most effective player in his last season with Montreal, leading his team in +/- !! Even though, Carbo didn't give him his chance on an offensive line, he did pretty good with two "Superstars" like Bonk and Johnson...

Perezhogin >> Latendresse, Ryder, Begin, Lapierre, Chipchura, Smolinspuke, Dandenault, Streit at Forward and Kostopoulos

The Habs would be able to ice easilly three offensive lines with him in the line-up.

Why can't you have a civil conversation with anyone ? People disagree. Sometimes it's interesting to find out why. It must be tiring going around telling everyone that you're right all the time.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Puckhead58*

There is no hope for Perezhogin!!! We gave him all the chances in the world and he never done anything. Time to stop talking about him.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Jesus Christ Perez threads bring me closer and closer to madness every time someone creats one.

As long as moderators won't put a ban on Perez threads this will continue on and on and on forever and ever and ever and ever.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:48 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Jesus Christ Perez threads bring me closer and closer to madness every time someone creats one.

As long as moderators won't put a ban on Perez threads this will continue on and on and on forever and ever and ever and ever.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............
How 'bout Tony Perez threads ? They ok ? I used to like Big Tony, clutch hitter who moved at about the same speed I do.

Old
06-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalalahockey View Post
just want to get a feel for the opinions on alex perezhogin...

he's back in russia... was a major disappointment in the end of his first stint in north america. hab fans... you guys still holding out hope that he becomes an impact or semi-impactful nhl player?
I'd see if he has any trade value to a western based team. I don't see him coming back to Montreal as long as Carbo is here.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:51 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
I don't think Perezhogin got a fair shot given the potential he had an as offensive player. After an impressive start filling in for Zednik with Koivu and Kovalev he got bumped down often his production and hurting his confidence. He had a great speed with some hands and a shot and was better than a checker which is what he became with us... granted, the PB&J were highly effective in his last season here.

Still hoping one day he'll come back and give it another go.
wow, we're still talking about the great 5 games stretch he had playing with Koivu and Kovalev more than 3 years ago???? Come on!

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
How 'bout Tony Perez threads ? They ok ? I used to like Big Tony, clutch hitter who moved at about the same speed I do.
I don't watch water polo

Old
06-10-2008, 12:54 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Very little? How about his play at the WJC's when he was 19? How about his paly in Hamilton where he was more impressive then Higgins during their rookie year. Or the good year he had in the RSL before coming over and the better year he had during the lockout.
If you're 19 years old and playing in the World Junior Championships, you damn well better light it up. Most of the guys you are playing with and against are younger then you are. That hardly impresses me.

As for that rookie year in Hamilton, I saw plenty of both of them, and while Perez was impressive, he certainly didn't impress me more then Higgins, who showed a much more well rounded game that season. Higgins played with a hell of a lot more discipline, that's for sure. Offensively, Perez put up, what, 2 more points then Higgy despite playing 10 more games. Exactly how was he more impressive in your opinion? My take on them that season was very different and the stats sure don't back up what you are saying.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:59 PM
mcphee

Quote:
If you're 19 years old and playing in the World Junior Championships, you damn well better light it up. Most of the guys you are playing with and against are younger then you are. That hardly impresses me.

As for that rookie year in Hamilton, I saw plenty of both of them, and while Perez was impressive, he certainly didn't impress me more then Higgins, who showed a much more well rounded game that season. Higgins played with a hell of a lot more discipline, that's for sure. Offensively, Perez put up, what, 2 more points then Higgy despite playing 10 more games. Exactly how was he more impressive in your opinion? My take on them that season was very different and the stats sure don't back up what you are saying.
I could never get a feeling that Perez meshed on a line. I don't know if he was fan popular because he had some nice individual skills, but he didn't seem to play well in terms of his line.

I don't know if that makes sense, maybe there were some communication problems but something seemed missing.

Quote:
I don't watch water polo
Just as well. I'm not very attractive in a speedo.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-10-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old
06-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Just as well. I'm not very attractive in a speedo.

Old
06-10-2008, 01:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

So every 19 year old should be lighting it up? Perezhogin was one of Russia's best players. On the gold medal winning team.

As for Hamilton, the only reason he didn't have even more points then Higgins was his slow start, if you recall. Perezhogin didn't speak much English and until Svitov came to Hamilton he had trouble adjusting to the league. But as the season went on he started to turn it on, like the time when he had back to back hattricks in one week. Then there's the playoffs where Perezhogin was all over the place, the Barons couldn't shut him down, he was leading the AHL playoffs in goals in the playoffs until the stick swinging incident. Yes Higgins was more well rounded, but he also grew up in the north american system, so he didn't have to adjust to the smaller ice, more physical style etc...

I was at a number of the games, I remember when Perezhogin took the puck up ice in OT, skated through everyone, went behind the net came out in front in the high slot and fired a wicked backhander to win the game. It's plays like that, that imo gave him some creditability as one of our top prospects. I'm not basing this on stats, I watched the games, I went to 5 different cities that year to watch the dogs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have mine, based off what I saw. Granted they didn't have B2 back then, I still followed the team as much as possible as I have every year that we have been in hamilton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
There is no hope for Perezhogin!!! We gave him all the chances in the world and he never done anything. Time to stop talking about him.
You don't know the future, so you don't know what Perezhogin will or won't do. As for the threads, Perezhogin had his rights extended by Gainey, so he is still in the Habs organization.

Quote:

As long as moderators won't put a ban on Perez threads this will continue on and on and on forever
Why the **** would mods put a ban on threads talking about a player that is in the ****ING organization. Ask Gainey why he extended his rights to keep him a Hab then!

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:21 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
So every 19 year old should be lighting it up? Perezhogin was one of Russia's best players. On the gold medal winning team.

As for Hamilton, the only reason he didn't have even more points then Higgins was his slow start, if you recall. Perezhogin didn't speak much English and until Svitov came to Hamilton he had trouble adjusting to the league. But as the season went on he started to turn it on, like the time when he had back to back hattricks in one week. Then there's the playoffs where Perezhogin was all over the place, the Barons couldn't shut him down, he was leading the AHL playoffs in goals in the playoffs until the stick swinging incident. Yes Higgins was more well rounded, but he also grew up in the north american system, so he didn't have to adjust to the smaller ice, more physical style etc...

I was at a number of the games, I remember when Perezhogin took the puck up ice in OT, skated through everyone, went behind the net came out in front in the high slot and fired a wicked backhander to win the game. It's plays like that, that imo gave him some creditability as one of our top prospects. I'm not basing this on stats, I watched the games, I went to 5 different cities that year to watch the dogs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have mine, based off what I saw. Granted they didn't have B2 back then, I still followed the team as much as possible as I have every year that we have been in hamilton.

I'd see those plays too, he made some impressive plays in Mtl, but I think we got caught up in the quality of those plays rather than the quantity. He just didn't seem to claim a role and I don't think you can lay all that at Carbo's feet.

Old
06-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
I'd see those plays too, he made some impressive plays in Mtl, but I think we got caught up in the quality of those plays rather than the quantity. He just didn't seem to claim a role and I don't think you can lay all that at Carbo's feet.
Or Julien's

Old
06-10-2008, 01:24 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post

Relax.take a deep breath

If you read carefully my point was that he looked out of place in a social context. From what I heard he was having adjustment problems. That is why I mentioned his suspension since I think it cost him in terms of adjusting to North America on and off the ice. Something quite common with a lot of the Russian players.

As for Perez on the ice, while talented I think you are way over the top in terms of what he demonstrated while playing here. He had 34 point in 128 games. Potential was there but nothing that would point to the glory you are suggesting he would have showered on the Habs.

As for Plus/minus references for 06/07 with the Habs, it was one of the biggest statistical anomalies going given the extremely low number of even strength goals scored versus PP goals by the team. Trying to gauge anybody on that team by that measuring stick is useless.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote