HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any hope for Perezhogin?

Old
06-10-2008, 01:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I'd see those plays too, he made some impressive plays in Mtl, but I think we got caught up in the quality of those plays rather than the quantity. He just didn't seem to claim a role and I don't think you can lay all that at Carbo's feet.
You won't hear me blame Carbo for Perezhogin. I rarely ever say anything about the coaches. I blame Perezhogin. I believe that the stick incident really effected him and he didn't produce enough when he was here. People can blame Carbo all they want, he wasn't on the ice, Perezhogin was. I was disappointed in Perezhogin, cause I had seen him score some really sweet goals with Omsk and Hamilton and team Russia, but things didn't go as I had hoped. Perhaps if he didn't get the insane contract from Salavat, he would have gotten more comfortable in the nhl and produced more as imo I felt he had the tools, but perhaps we will never know as he is now well paid in Russia and among the top players in the league over there.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:35 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
So every 19 year old should be lighting it up? Perezhogin was one of Russia's best players. On the gold medal winning team.
If you are an offensive player, and you're 19 years old at the World Junior Championship, yes, absolutely you should be lighting it up.

Quote:
As for Hamilton, the only reason he didn't have even more points then Higgins was his slow start, if you recall. Perezhogin didn't speak much English and until Svitov came to Hamilton he had trouble adjusting to the league. But as the season went on he started to turn it on, like the time when he had back to back hattricks in one week. Then there's the playoffs where Perezhogin was all over the place, the Barons couldn't shut him down, he was leading the AHL playoffs in goals in the playoffs until the stick swinging incident. Yes Higgins was more well rounded, but he also grew up in the north american system, so he didn't have to adjust to the smaller ice, more physical style etc...
This is confusing. You're citing all sorts of reasons why he didn't play better... and this is in response to the question of why you thought he was so impressive. I don't get it.

Who cares if the transition for Higgins was much easier, the point wasn't about who adjusted the best to the American Hockey League, it was who was the more impressive player. I'll easily take the player that scored at a higher point per game ratio *and* was a much more well rounded player. That's about as easy a call as you can make it player evaluation.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:50 PM
NativeHockey77*

[QUOTE=FerrisRox;14365824]If you are an offensive player, and you're 19 years old at the World Junior Championship, yes, absolutely you should be lighting it up.
QUOTE]

so not true, look how many guys goto the WJC and dont pan out superstars??

NativeHockey77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
If you are an offensive player, and you're 19 years old at the World Junior Championship, yes, absolutely you should be lighting it up.

This is confusing. You're citing all sorts of reasons why he didn't play better... and this is in response to the question of why you thought he was so impressive. I don't get it.

Who cares if the transition for Higgins was much easier, the point wasn't about who adjusted the best to the American Hockey League, it was who was the more impressive player. I'll easily take the player that scored at a higher point per game ratio *and* was a much more well rounded player. That's about as easy a call as you can make it player evaluation.
Ok, so what's your take on Max Pacioretty's lack of scoring at the WJC' as a 19 year old?

Perezhogin did play better, I said he would of had even more points if not for the slow start. Did you see the playoffs, who do you think was more impressive in the playoffs that year?

It's not that easy, you have to take things into consideration. Perezhogin started slow because he had to adjust, it's natural to assume that a player that has never played in NA on small ice will need some time to adjust while a player that was rasied in the NA game doesn't need time to adjust. So what made Perezhogin more impressive is that as the season went on he became the better offensive palyer.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
He would have to make 4M to match the $ here. He would be in the 45-50% tax bracket.
Thats not how tax brackets work..... you don't get your entire salary taxed at 45%

The first 8000 (or so, I don't know the exact numbers, and I'm lazy to look them up) is not taxed...
Then next 8001-20,000 is taxed at the first level...
The next 20,001-40,000 is taxed at the second level...
Each level of your salary is taxed at that bracket....

You cannot take home less money by moving into a higher bracket...

Only the high end of his salary would be taxed at 45% and the effective rate is lower

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Uwey

What is with the blame game here??

All it is, is the fact that this marriage between player & team didn't work out for either party.

Lookit, Perezhogin is neither part of the core group, nor is he part of the teams future.

Thus all he is, is an asset to this team. An asset that must be used & used soon as an opportunity to invest into the future.

Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 03:47 PM
madbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
wow, we're still talking about the great 5 games stretch he had playing with Koivu and Kovalev more than 3 years ago???? Come on!
It's called a lasting first impression.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 03:50 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Ok, so what's your take on Max Pacioretty's lack of scoring at the WJC' as a 19 year old?
I would describe it as disappointing.

Old
06-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I would describe it as disappointing.
If everyone buys players being hurt in the playoffs as a reason, then Pacs was hurt in the first game.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 05:28 PM
JrHockeyFan

[QUOTE=Jussin;14365982]
Quote:
QUOTE]

True. Even check out the WJC all star list. Guys like Dale McCourt jump out at you from Cdn ranks. Lots of ??? guys from other countries.

http://www.tsn.ca/World_jrs/feature/?fid=1324

PS: Speaking of which Perezhogin wasn't an all star

2005 was a good year but I guess Marek Schwarz is still trying to get to 5 games with the Blues

Last edited by JrHockeyFan: 06-10-2008 at 05:35 PM.
JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 05:47 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post

Huh?

I said if you are an offensive player, and you're 19 years old at the WJHC, you should be lighting it up.

The real question is, what are you talking about?

[QUOTE=JrHockeyFan;14368378]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post

True. Even check out the WJC all star list. Guys like Dale McCourt jump out at you from Cdn ranks. Lots of ??? guys from other countries.

http://www.tsn.ca/World_jrs/feature/?fid=1324

PS: Speaking of which Perezhogin wasn't an all star

2005 was a good year but I guess Marek Schwarz is still trying to get to 5 games with the Blues
This has nothing to do with what I'm talking about though.

I simply said if you are 19 years old, and you're an offensive player, I'm not too impressed that you scored at a good clip at the tournament.

Why you are now talking about whether solid players from WJHC become NHL superstars is totally unclear to me. It has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

PS - I'm not sure what you are trying to say with the Dale McCourt reference... Do you even know who Dale McCourt is? He had four 30-goal seasons, a 28-goal season and then two more 20 goal seasons in his eight year NHL career. That's pretty damn solid if you ask me.
If I asked you what time it was, would you tell me the weather?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-11-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old
06-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
That would be a pretty nice lineup.
that'd be a mother ****ing killer line-up

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote