HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Different players curves at every store, how do I know whcih I want?

Old
06-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Different players curves at every store, how do I know whcih I want?

I hate shopping for sticks online. Im in PA and I know the curve I have on my stick now but when I look online they have all different players. Like they have popular players I guess in this area but when I look online they have canadian players or whoever that use the exact same curve. Does anyone know if there is a site that i can see who uses each curve for bauer sticks? I dont want to buy a stick and not know the curve and get stuck with a heal curve, i cant stand them.

Last edited by Juicy Couturier*: 06-09-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I hate shopping for sticks online. Im in PA and I know the curve I have on my stick now but when I look online they have all different players. Like they have popular players I guess in this area but when I look online they have canadian players or whoever that use the exact same curve. Does anyone know if there is a site that i can see who uses each curve for easton sticks? I dont want to buy a stick and not know the curve and get stuck with a heal curve, i cant stand them.
How about just changing the curve on the stick you buy?

You could use this tool to do that.
http://www.passthepuck.net/id1000.htm

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:14 PM
fat pat

Send a message via AIM to fat pat
that wont work on a composite stick, it would destroy or crack the blade

fat pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
I hate shopping for sticks online. Im in PA and I know the curve I have on my stick now but when I look online they have all different players. Like they have popular players I guess in this area but when I look online they have canadian players or whoever that use the exact same curve. Does anyone know if there is a site that i can see who uses each curve for bauer sticks? I dont want to buy a stick and not know the curve and get stuck with a heal curve, i cant stand them.
The names are completely arbitrary. The Gagne retail curve from 2005 is completely different from the Gagne retail curve now. Each year, companies will renew their endorsements and the same curves will get reassigned. For instance the Easton Forsberg is the same as the Easton Modano, but Modano signed a deal with Reebok in 2005. I'll assume you know that Player X doesn't necessarily use the retail curve that his name is assigned to.

Companies will have different code numbers of sorts to identify the curve along with the name of whichever NHLer they decide to assign to that curve.

Unfortunately ModSquadHockey.com is down at the moment. They have a good repository of curve information.

In terms of Bauer, check out this page with the descriptions with pictures: http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage-B19B.html

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The names are completely arbitrary. The Gagne retail curve from 2005 is completely different from the Gagne retail curve now. Each year, companies will renew their endorsements and the same curves will get reassigned. For instance the Easton Forsberg is the same as the Easton Modano, but Modano signed a deal with Reebok in 2005. I'll assume you know that Player X doesn't necessarily use the retail curve that his name is assigned to.

Companies will have different code numbers of sorts to identify the curve along with the name of whichever NHLer they decide to assign to that curve.

Unfortunately ModSquadHockey.com is down at the moment. They have a good repository of curve information.

In terms of Bauer, check out this page with the descriptions with pictures: http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage-B19B.html
Good post. I'll add that the only player I know of who has a stick out for retail with a cruve to match the actual stick he uses is Crosby.

Rbk's YOUTH sticks with the straight blade is about as accurate as you'll find. hehe

What curve do you have on your stick?

Try this site, http://www.nikebauerid.com/

I've used it to match it with a lot of customers' blades. If that doesn't work, describe the stick and I might be able to help.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 12:41 PM
iceman17

You could always buy all of the player curves..test them out...then decide

I usually go to the local proshop and compare them in person first and then try to see if there are better prices online

iceman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman17 View Post
You could always buy all of the player curves..test them out...then decide

I usually go to the local proshop and compare them in person first and then try to see if there are better prices online
I want to ge another bauer vapor XXX lite which are pretty hard to find now because the XXXX came out. My pro shop at my home rink was sold so all their stuff is gone and its all new gear, the other few places around my area dont carry them either so im looking online. i found this site that sells them but with curves for Richards and Brashear? haha i dont get that one.

http://www.nex2nothin.com/details.as...t=224&path=224

Im trying to figure out what curves those two are so I can see if they will be alright. i dont want a square toe and i dont want a major heel curve, if either is a decent mid curve I will be pickign at least 1 or 2 up bu tim not gonna shell out the cash for a stick that I cant see.

Old
06-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
i found this site that sells them but with curves for Richards and Brashear? haha i dont get that one.
Those are pro returns, not retail. I think he posts on HF, but there is a guy who posted pictures of many pro blades (couple pics of the Brashear): http://sports.webshots.com/album/561921987KQmXHI

I vaguely remember reading that something like 50% of NHLers use some variation of the Easton Drury retail curve (heel curve, slightly open). Might be hard to find pro curves that are close to retail ones.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 02:22 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Each curve has a different shape. Some have round toes, some squared. Some have a deep curve, some have shallow and some in between. Some have an open face, some closed, some in between. Different lies, 5.5, 6, 6.5, etc. Each change in the stick blade will effect how you use your stick, your shooting mostly, but there are other effects on stick handling and other things. Just find what works for you and stick with it.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Each curve has a different shape. Some have round toes, some squared. Some have a deep curve, some have shallow and some in between. Some have an open face, some closed, some in between. Different lies, 5.5, 6, 6.5, etc. Each change in the stick blade will effect how you use your stick, your shooting mostly, but there are other effects on stick handling and other things. Just find what works for you and stick with it.
I know what I like, Ive been playing since I was 3. What I was saying is that I want the vapor xxx and because its a pro stock stick i cant see what the blade looks like. The brashear looks pretty decent actually but I cant find what the richards looks like.

Old
06-10-2008, 05:02 PM
stick9

Give this link a try. Tons of pro-stock curves pics. I got it from one of the good folks over at modsquadhockey.

http://s194614808.onlinehome.us/gallery2/main.php

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Give this link a try. Tons of pro-stock curves pics. I got it from one of the good folks over at modsquadhockey.

http://s194614808.onlinehome.us/gallery2/main.php
awesome! Found the richards and it looks like a pretty good hook, Im gonna pick up a couple. I loved that Vapor XXX when they were around and for $100 you really cant beat that.

Old
06-11-2008, 10:20 PM
the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
Good post. I'll add that the only player I know of who has a stick out for retail with a cruve to match the actual stick he uses is Crosby.
Crosby's actual pattern is quite different from the retail. The RBK version is a heel, while his actual curve is nearly straight with just a bit of toe I believe.

To the original poster: What curve do you use and what are you looking for?

the zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote