HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey stick question/help

Old
06-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Pointteen

vCash: 500
Hockey stick question/help

Well, it's the offseason and I need a new stick. I absolutely wrecked my Synergy in the last tournament of the season blocking a slapshot (Was worth it, we went on to win that game and the tournament)
However, it shattered. Gone.

I'm a right-handed left wing sniper, who barely gets time for anything more than a wrist-shot, backhander or a one-timed snap shot. I need something that I can one-time well with, but I need to maintain my wrist shot. (Wrist shot is the most used shot by myself, so it's prioritized)

I'm trying to decide what kind of stick to get, and I'm stuck between a RBK 9K O-Stick and a Warrior Dolomite. As far as I know, the O-Stick is top of the line, but I can't get much of a toe-curved blade with it, and I'm trying to get a nice toe-curve.

The Dolomite has the Smyth curve, which is very much to my liking.

I'm looking for reviews on both sticks, and if someone can tell me which is more of what I'd be looking for. Unfortunately with my location I cannot test them out without buying them. So if I can get opinions on what is more suited for what I described earlier, that would be very nice.

I know that a stick is all about comfort with the shooter, etc. but odds are I won't have much quality time with them. I'm very adaptable with sticks. I went from a Vapor to a Response to a Synergy to a Wooden in a 3 season span.

So if I could get some opinions that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pointteen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:00 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

Short answer: Get the Dolomite

Long answer: Both sticks are top models for both brands. The 9KO is much too blade heavy and does not perform as well as its advertised price. I hate Warrior's marketing, but the Dolomite is actually an Innovative design (which Warrior bought) and performs great. As of right now, the Dolomite is priced lower than the 9KO as well.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Heat McManus

Toe curves aren't too popular in retail.

Vapor XXXXs have a very low kick-point and are good for snappers. try www.nikebauerid.com and see if they have a good toe-curve for you.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 04:56 PM
deanosaur

Honestly... depends on the person. You can get 10 different opinions if you want, and you may end up not going with either one.

Go to a sports store and see how they feel look at some curves.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Pointteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
Honestly... depends on the person. You can get 10 different opinions if you want, and you may end up not going with either one.

Go to a sports store and see how they feel look at some curves.
I've done that. Unfortunately I live in a small area so there wasn't much in the way of choice.

Pointteen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointteen View Post
I've done that. Unfortunately I live in a small area so there wasn't much in the way of choice.
Do you not want to go with something you've already ahd in the past?

I am in the same boat as you, but I figured I wouldnt need to make a thread about it.

Someone stole my Synergy at my last game, sucks. But I had it over a year and was thinking about going with something different. I think my last 2/3 sticks have been Synergys. I am pretty much in the same boat. So of a playmaking center, and I shoot left.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Backstrom #19
Trotz for president

vCash: 50
Get the Nike Bauer Vapor XXXX. It's great for quick snap shots, and quick wristers.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote