HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Olivier Latendresse thinks he can make the team next year

Old
06-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Mustafa*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I assume he either meant our AHL forwards will be "disgusting good" or he believes Subban is also graduating.
Maxwell, White, Desharnais, Aubin, Beauregard, Stewart, Latendresse, Conboy, Trotter, Wyman, D'agostini and possibly Maxpac. I think we will have a better team, offensively, than the one that captured the Calder cup. So yeah, they will be "disgusting good".

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
The Dogs maybe but there is no way in hell he makes the big club unless something drastic has happened to him.

I like his positiveness but unfortunately i think that Lats Sr will be a ECHL/AHL player for most of his career.
I see him developing into a Steve Begin type of player. It wouldn't take anything drastic just 100% effort every single night.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Narg98

Where's Milroy in your Dogs lineup ?

Narg98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 04:35 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Maxwell, White, Desharnais, Aubin, Beauregard, Stewart, Latendresse, Conboy, Trotter, Wyman, D'agostini and possibly Maxpac. I think we will have a better team, offensively, than the one that captured the Calder cup. So yeah, they will be "disgusting good".
I know we have potential firepower up front, "montreal" was questioning the backend.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Korneev is more than likely never coming over. If he does, it's not to play in the AHL. He's 24, or 25 now and probably staying in Russia.

If I'm not mistaken, Emelin's contract is up, so he could come over, but I doubt it too.

And Montreal is planning on letting Danis go, which is why they'll be looking for a veteran goalie to put down there in case of injury.

As for Oliver, I don't see it happening, but that depends on the FAs we get, or lack there of. I wish him luck, though.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 05:43 PM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark4ng3l View Post
I saw this on RDS.http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/253396.html
Somebody is getting way ahead of themselves here (probably RDS) I really doubt that the ECHL is anywhere near as good as the AHL and I really don't think its realistic for anyone to make the ECHL-->NHL jump. Though he did have a good season and will probably play next year in the AHL I really don't see him as a potential NHL player. I get the feeling that when he does not make the team and gets pushed far down the depth chart that Gui's attitude might suffer a bit....
I think he got a good shot at Guillaume spot

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 06:25 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Korneev is under contract with CSKA next year, so don't count on him coming over.

As for your lineup, look at what the Danis-Desjardins combo did after Halak left. I saw almost every game and it wasn't pretty. The defense, you have out of whack. Carle and Martin are RD's, so you have 4 RD's, although Martin did play at LD in Hamilton during his callup, he's a natural RD, so I would think that Gainey will get a natural LD instead of having a guy play his off position all season long.

Also the AHL doesn't dress 12 forwards, so teams mostly go with 3 lines and 2 spare forwards. Trotter won't be the bottom line after being on the top 2 lines this past season. Engelhardt is gone. I don't know what the plan is for Degon, he's a RFA.
I wasn't planning on those being the lines, I was just putting a list of guys I really believe will be main contributors on the team. Sorry for the mistake.

Danis wasn't great last year, but hopefully he can improve his game back to a level where he once was. Last year was his worst by far, so he should be able to improve on it.

Desjardins, I only seen play two times for the Dogs last year and he was pretty good. I'm sure the nerves will settle down now that he should be a full time AHLer this year instead of bouncing back and forth like the previous two seasons. He's also coming off an incredible playoff run with the Cyclones.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 06:26 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
**** .. I can't believe I forgot Max Pac.

Maybe David Fischer too.. But that is more questionable.

Old
06-10-2008, 06:28 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Korneev is more than likely never coming over. If he does, it's not to play in the AHL. He's 24, or 25 now and probably staying in Russia.
From everything that has been said (I think McGuire even mentioned it on TV).. is that Korneev plans to come to NA in 2009.

Old
06-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
From everything that has been said (I think McGuire even mentioned it on TV).. is that Korneev plans to come to NA in 2009.
that'd be amazing, having both Korneev AND Emelin the same year

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 12:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narg98 View Post
Where's Milroy in your Dogs lineup ?
No one knows what the plans are for Milroy, I assume he'll be re-signed but I wouldn't say for sure, as Gainey might want to go in another direction to bring in different ahl vets.

Quote:
Conboy will be in the NCAA next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

If I'm not mistaken, Emelin's contract is up, so he could come over, but I doubt it too..
Emelin's contract is up next summer, he signed a 2 year deal with AK Bars.

Quote:
Danis wasn't great last year, but hopefully he can improve his game back to a level where he once was. Last year was his worst by far, so he should be able to improve on it.

Desjardins, I only seen play two times for the Dogs last year and he was pretty good. I'm sure the nerves will settle down now that he should be a full time AHLer this year instead of bouncing back and forth like the previous two seasons. He's also coming off an incredible playoff run with the Cyclones.
Danis was at his best during his rookie year, but since then boy has he struggled with his consistency. I personally don't think he will be back, perhaps he just needs a change. I thought he was one of the best goalies I've ever seen in the ECAC.

Desjardins struggled for sure, but did start to look better at the very end of the season. Hopefully he can be a solid backup for the Dogs next year.

I would be pissed if Danis-Desjardins is the combo for next year and the defense isn't improved.

Quote:
**** .. I can't believe I forgot Max Pac.

Maybe David Fischer too.. But that is more questionable.
I'd be shocked if Fischer left school this summer. I hope Pacioretty turns pro this summer.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:52 PM
DrMailloux

Actually andrei kostitsyn career was going nowhere until Sergei made the team... Lets give it a try for the Lats brothers !

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Evil Ted

I don't have a problem with Gui and Oliver playing on the same team, or even the same line just as long as its at the AHL level.

We have a large crop of up and comming young forwards, these players are going to be hungry and work hard at the AHL level. Gui better turn it up a notch this season either defensively or in the offensive zone because teammates/players might start to resent his presence with the big club.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 04:48 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
I don't have a problem with Gui and Oliver playing on the same team, or even the same line just as long as its at the AHL level.

We have a large crop of up and comming young forwards, these players are going to be hungry and work hard at the AHL level. Gui better turn it up a notch this season either defensively or in the offensive zone because teammates/players might start to resent his presence with the big club.
Uhh, pretty sure he did turn it up defensively last year just look at his plus minus as he greatly improved it from the year before. If you want him to improve offensively then put him with offensive guys like Koivu instead of plugs like Dandenault and Smolinski and he'll put up some points... and also 16 goals is pretty decent for a 2nd year, 20 year old forward playing 10 minutes a game with no PP time

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 06:32 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
But only 11 assists.

Last year 80GP 16G (5 in PP) 13A -20, This year 73GP 16G (2 in PP) 11A -2. Definitive improvment.

Why no send him to AHL so he can burn the league, improve his confidence, play significant minutes (>15) including PP?
Then bring him back mid season. He could score 16 goals in 50 games and 20+ in AHL.

As for his brother. He certainly improved in the ECHL.
We need numbers to compare ECHL and AHL. Do we have anything to compare? Something like the numbers for a few players in both leagues...

Anyway we will know how Olivier does in AHL.
11 assists playing with guys like Dandenault, Smolinski and Lapierre is like getting 40 assists playing with Kovalev and Plekanec... sending him to the AHL would ruin his confidence right now as he has make it clear he wants to improve his skating and he is trying to improve his game.

Put him with Koivu all year and he'll easily get 25 goals, he is being wasted stuck on these grinding and checking lines.

Even Strength Points:

Plekanec 41
A. Kost 37
Kovalev 35
Streit 28
Koivu 27
Higgins 26
Latendresse 23
Markov 23
S. Kost 21

Pretty good for a 20 year old playing 10 minutes a game...

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post
Actually andrei kostitsyn career was going nowhere until Sergei made the team... Lets give it a try for the Lats brothers !
not true.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Habruti!

This is where signing either a quality center or surefire winger makes a whole lot of sense. We all know that Lats as the tools to make some damage on the top line. When they tried him there this year he was creating as many chances as Higgins IMO. The thing with Higgins is that he will also create as many chance on a third line while Latendresse would not. The way I see this is we are probably in the hunt for another quality center...

Perhaps one of Jokinen, Sundin and if not possible we aquire a good experienced winger.

Lats on the side of either Sundin or Koivu would break 25G this year..

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote