HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey speculation

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
is jason smith rd or ld? becuase he'd be the best player that would fill the void left by sourays injury.

another RD.

Old
02-14-2004, 10:26 PM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
another RD.
dizzam that sucks.
as far as gainey speculations have to go i feel almost 100% sure he's going to make a minor trade to address our teams weakness of physicality we've been manhandled too often, and it most certainly is costing us games.

Old
02-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Jacques Strappe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500

It would allow us to move saku back to center for the power play and give us two strong power play units with Ribeiro centering one and saku the other. I think Having saku and ribeiro on the same powerplay is really hurting because we have no 2nd unit right now. Juneau,bulis, sundstrom on the power play the last few games .
Yeah, what's with that 2nd PP unit? Even with the existing Roster, surely a better combo can be put together for 2 PP lines...or maybe not??

Boy, Gainey is sure hard to read. I wouldn't bet on whether he will make a trade or not. There are just to many pros and cons for each scenario...

Old
02-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Traitor8

Here's an idea....

Why don't we call up Ron Hainsey and see what he can do??

Old
02-15-2004, 08:29 AM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Here's an idea....

Why don't we call up Ron Hainsey and see what he can do??
Because Hainsey hasn't played NHL caliber hockey when he was called up. I understand your obsession with the youth movement, and trust me, I'm all for it too, but you have to do it right, and that is by letting players mature in the minors, and then let them play when they are ready.

Old
02-15-2004, 08:32 AM
felixd

I don't think Gainey would trade for a veteran defenseman, because our habs are not Cup contenders yet, and loading up for a playoff run would make no sense for the team. I can see him however, acquiring a heavy hitting defenseman under 30. Denis Gauthier is one I am thinking of, but I think the asking price will be high. We should NOT compromise our future in a trade. If Gauthier can come at the price of Perreault, like was reported this year, I think BG should and will do it.

Old
02-15-2004, 08:45 AM
Firthbird

Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
If we could get Gonchar like NY got Jagr for the price they paid, I would most certainly go for it. Gonchar is an elite player that would certainly help the team on defence and offence. Whether it's Gonchar or not, a trade is going to happen.

Old
02-15-2004, 08:49 AM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
If we could get Gonchar like NY got Jagr for the price they paid
If by that you mean a player off the roster, who do you suggest to trade for Gonchar? We have no one to trade that wouldn't cause a significant gap. Well there is always Brisebois, but there is no way the Caps would do that.

Old
02-15-2004, 08:56 AM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
I say Hainsey, Hossa, Garon and 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Garon played great vs Was and there is strong possibilities that Kolzig will be traded.
Garon has no value for Washington, they already have Charpentier and Ouellet (or is it ouellette?)

Old
02-15-2004, 09:10 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
2 things to remember:

Gonchar isn't signed to an insane long term deal making 11 million per year.

Gonchar isn't a coach killer like Jagr is.

No way Gonchar goes for only an Anson Carter. He'll command a huge ransom in prospects and picks.

Old
02-15-2004, 10:02 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
2 things to remember:

Gonchar isn't signed to an insane long term deal making 11 million per year.

Gonchar isn't a coach killer like Jagr is.

No way Gonchar goes for only an Anson Carter. He'll command a huge ransom in prospects and picks.
gonchar salary = $ 3,650,000

he would be a great habs

Old
02-15-2004, 10:09 AM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
In addition to reports indicating the Montreal Canadiens are looking for a big winger, the latest has the Habs searching for defensive help.
With All-Star defenseman Sheldon Souray out for at least a month, the Montreal Gazette suggests general manager Bob Gainey could be shopping for a blueliner.

Bringing in an experienced defenseman would send a message to the players that the Canadiens are determined to do what it takes to win, says the Gazette.

According to the newspaper, the Canadiens would be looking for a top-two defenseman, but there aren’t many of those around. The Canadiens will be searching in a pool that includes Chicago’s Bryan Berard, Columbus’ Luke Richardson, Washington’s Sergei Gonchar and Carolina’s Sean Hill, a former Hab.

thats from TFP

and i also heard that huselius has asked for a trade and i think we should go after him and take out dagenais and put him with ribero and zednick...that would be great

Old
02-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Because Hainsey hasn't played NHL caliber hockey when he was called up. I understand your obsession with the youth movement, and trust me, I'm all for it too, but you have to do it right, and that is by letting players mature in the minors, and then let them play when they are ready.
Hainsey played NHL caliber hockey , he's only have made rookies mistake . It takes time to develop D-Mans just look at Souray & Markov .

Old
02-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
hey guys Can someone tell me If Vitali Vishnevsky Is still available?? Because I was thinkin He would be a great addition In MTl

Old
02-15-2004, 05:27 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Hainsey played NHL caliber hockey , he's only have made rookies mistake . It takes time to develop D-Mans just look at Souray & Markov .
you're wrong about him ; he's doing to fancy play , is playing a risky game and is not good to fight for the puck along the bord.to be good in the offensive part of the game don't mean everything about his play

Old
02-15-2004, 06:12 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
That was kind of the entire point of my post, but thanks for agreeing with me. All I was saying is Hainsey is not ready yet, and we should call him up when he is ready.

Closed Thread