HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoffs?

View Poll Results: In your honest opinion, do you think this team is making the playoffs?
Hell yeah! 34 72.34%
Well... ahem. 13 27.66%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2004, 09:24 PM
electric

vCash: 500
Playoffs?

In your honest opinion, do you think this team is making the playoffs?

Old
02-14-2004, 09:55 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Big deal, you win and lose, Buffalo might be winning, but for how long, same for montreal, we have lost a few in a row this season, then turned it around to kick some ass. No worries.

Old
02-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
In your honest opinion, do you think this team is making the playoffs?
Obviously, we are in a worse position than we were 4-5 games ago. It's too early to tell, IMO.

I believe it will be a race between the Habs, the Islanders, and Buffalo.

Buffalo has been playing incredible lately, and is known to finish strong. Fairly easy schedule coming up.
Islanders are playing good, even without Yashin, and continue to rack up points.
Habs are having a tough time, but played better tonight. They could turn it around, but... tough schedule.

Habs vs. Buffalo

They have two games left against each other. These games, IMO, will determine who will or won't make the playoffs (probably).

Old
02-14-2004, 09:58 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
I voted yes. I think you guys have a real good team. Putting our allegiences to the side, how damn good is the Northeast division this year? No easy wins for any of us this year....

The SOuray injury hurts, but I think you'll get in.

Old
02-14-2004, 10:22 PM
#44_delivers

i voted yes but im trying not to be too optomistic

Old
02-14-2004, 10:26 PM
electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
It's too early to tell, IMO.
Well, duh... of course it's too early to tell. Way too early.

The thing is... I'm asking for your opinion... what you feel that is more likely to happen... kinda just to take the pulse of the board I guess

Old
02-14-2004, 10:36 PM
#44_delivers

actualy i want to change my vote to "well...ahem" not "hell yeah"

Old
Corey

Your poll choices are hard to figure out, so I'll answer without checking either one. I think the Habs will just squeak into 8th, about 6-8 points behind the Isles.

Old
oli500

Yes I think we can make the playoffs, but I think that we have some ingridents missing. Toughness and a power play quarter back like souray. Ever since hes been out are pp is horrible and is costing us games. He was are mane weapon. Im still optimistic about the playoffs but are team right now is fragile and I dont like it one bit. I just dont see how those two ingredents can be change in this team with the players we have. The habs need someone in that locker room who can step up and talk to these players and tel them if everyone gives that extra effort good things well happen. Yes we have saku as are capten but I dont think everyone listen to him when he speaks. (im not knoking koivu at all, I think hes a great player but oviously koivu dosent get along with every player in the habs dressing room and thats his only negative I see in him) If these players start playing has a team again, like they were when we had are sucses good things are going to happen but someone has to teach them that if they want to win they have to play as a team and put asside there difference because it dosent look that way in the resents games. I still beleive in them. Go habs go

Old
02-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Yes, but it's not gonna be as easy as it looked just one week ago because Buffalo will give us all we can handle.
Hope is back ? :p

Old
02-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Habsolution

Hell Yeah ! for me. Won't be a cake in the park (or something like that ) but we'll make it.

Old
02-15-2004, 12:31 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
Hell Yeah ! for me. Won't be a cake in the park (or something like that ) but we'll make it.
lol, good try but I think you are looking for "A walk in the park"

Old
02-15-2004, 01:08 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
Yes I think we can make the playoffs, but I think that we have some ingridents missing. Toughness and a power play quarter back like souray. Ever since hes been out are pp is horrible and is costing us games. He was are mane weapon. Im still optimistic about the playoffs but are team right now is fragile and I dont like it one bit. I just dont see how those two ingredents can be change in this team with the players we have. The habs need someone in that locker room who can step up and talk to these players and tel them if everyone gives that extra effort good things well happen. Yes we have saku as are capten but I dont think everyone listen to him when he speaks. (im not knoking koivu at all, I think hes a great player but oviously koivu dosent get along with every player in the habs dressing room and thats his only negative I see in him) If these players start playing has a team again, like they were when we had are sucses good things are going to happen but someone has to teach them that if they want to win they have to play as a team and put asside there difference because it dosent look that way in the resents games. I still beleive in them. Go habs go
We have a pretty tough schedule coming up, so it's going to be close, but I think Theodore will get us there. Hopefully we get Philly first round, that's all I can say.

Old
02-15-2004, 08:36 AM
felixd

Not with Souray out. Souray has been the team's most important and best player this year. We are already seeing the effects of his injury on the team, and this proves how much more important to the team he is than we thought before the injury. The poor defensive play and lack of commitment since Souray is out is not a coincidence. Souray is the team's leader.

Old
02-15-2004, 08:49 AM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
I think the Habs will make the playoffs, but it will probably be a struggle.

Old
02-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Firthbird

Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
If we make a trade - Yes
If we don't make a trade - No

Simple as That!

Old
02-15-2004, 08:53 AM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
If we make a trade - Yes
If we don't make a trade - No

Simple as That!
In all honesty, it doesn't matter if we make the playoffs this year. If we do, good for us, we over achieved. Then we can build on that success next year, and more young players will be ready to jump up, making our team even stronger.

There is no immediate need to make the playoffs, and to make a trade to make the playoffs now, right in the middle of a youth movement would be foolish. We are building for the future.

Closed Thread