HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O/t- Donaghy claims refs altered playoff series

Old
06-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I've felt lately like a lot of the games are fixed, but that could just be because the refs are quite often complete retards since the new rule changes.
I've said it since the 2nd round that the NBA would do everything possible to have the celtics and lakers in the finals,and the refs did not dissapoint.

Was that the year O'Neal called them the Sacramento Queens?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:51 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I agree completely about refs/umpires holding grudges against certain players. Hell, even in my softball league I'm convinced that one umpire has/had a grudge against a guy on my team and would call borderline strikes against him.

But this situation that Donaghy is talking about is different then that. He is saying that NBA execs told the refs which players to target. And the series between the Kings/Lakers, that the league wanted the Lakers to win so the refs called the games accordingly helping the Lakers comeback in the series and win in 7 games. Whether it's true or not I don't know, but the NBA is one league where I could see something like this being true.
The NHL decided that Holmstom's game had to be watched. He was doing something they decided to crack down on and he paid an unfair price as refs in the NHL, just to make a point, seem to go overboard on every directive.

I wonder if if in the NBA, they react to compaints in the same manner,' player x fouls in this situation, we'd better crack down on it'. I can see this before I can influencing results for ticket sales. I have a hard time believeing that they'd be so frivolous with their integrity. Maybe this guy read something into a directive and chose to interpret it a certain way ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I've felt lately like a lot of the games are fixed, but that could just be because the refs are quite often complete retards since the new rule changes.
That's because the refs are not always on the same page. Adding a 2nd ref on the ice was a mistake, he should be in a TV room with different feeds and a mic to talk to the ref on the ice. That way nothing would be missed and phantom hooking calls called by the ref at the other end of the ice would end.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Megaforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
That's because the refs are not always on the same page. Adding a 2nd ref on the ice was a mistake, he should be in a TV room with different feeds and a mic to talk to the ref on the ice. That way nothing would be missed and phantom hooking calls called by the ref at the other end of the ice would end.

Good idea.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote