HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roszival has Hip Surgery

Old
06-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
I see it as less about hierarchy and more about what combinations make sense. When talking about defense corp.

I see the 6th guy just as important as the #1 guy.

I could be wrong according to some traditionalists, but IMO with only 6 guys dressed per night, all 6 guys back there are equally as important.
So, you're claiming that a defenseman who regularly plays 22-25 minutes a game is just as important as the one who plays 12-14 minutes a game?

Hence, Backman or even Strudwick is just as important as a Staal or Girardi to the Rangers' success--or failure?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 08:29 PM
NYR Viper

staal-redden
girardi-orpik/stuart
tyutin-potter
struds

still think that is the best defense the rangers could throw together for next year...

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
staal-redden
girardi-orpik/stuart
tyutin-potter
struds

still think that is the best defense the rangers could throw together for next year...
I've seen a lot of posters pencil him into there proposed lineups and I just don't get it.

I think he is a borderline NHL player and at the very least isn't ready for full time NHL minutes. He takes the body which is nice but I personally think he is the second coming of David Liffiton.

Is it just because we have nobody better in the system who is near ready AND he fits under the salary cap?

What am I missing?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 06:26 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I've seen a lot of posters pencil him into there proposed lineups and I just don't get it.

I think he is a borderline NHL player and at the very least isn't ready for full time NHL minutes. He takes the body which is nice but I personally think he is the second coming of David Liffiton.

Is it just because we have nobody better in the system who is near ready AND he fits under the salary cap?

What am I missing?
If you are talking about Potter, I disagree. Potter plays nothing like Liffiton, who, I would agree, is a 7th D-man, at best. Potter plays a more controlled game, similar to Girardi, and is a better skater. Most Hartford observers believe he is the most NHL -ready D-man the Rangers have at Hartford, (aside from Hutchinson, that is.)

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Celestial Black

I think we should package Rozi, Prucha, and Backman to the Isles. That way Rozi and DP can spend time together talking about their bad hips.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote