HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stoll

Old
06-11-2008, 01:34 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Stoll

His name seems to come up a bunch in this forum, so I was wondering what Edmonton actually wanted in return.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
dbhislife

Well they will throw in Pitkanen and either Schremp or Torress and all u have to do it give up:

Jokinen
Malkin
Thornton
Tanguay +
Spezza
JBo
Horton

or any other player that has been posted as available on hfboards in recent memory. To be fair though I think there were a 1st going to Pitt in the Malkin deal

dbhislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 01:48 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhislife View Post
Well they will throw in Pitkanen and either Schremp or Torress and all u have to do it give up:

Jokinen
Malkin
Thornton
Tanguay +
Spezza
JBo
Horton

or any other player that has been posted as available on hfboards in recent memory. To be fair though I think there were a 1st going to Pitt in the Malkin deal
Hahahaha. True.

So let's assume I only want Stoll.

Old
06-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Funny.....I'm not going to continue because this is just going to start into another flame fest

06-11-2008, 01:51 PM
hemmer_forever

Right now, I would have to say a late 1st or early second round pick

hemmer_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 01:52 PM
OnePoll*

To Edmonton:

Kyle Chipchura C
Jaroslav Halak G
J.T Wyman RW

To Montreal:

Jarret Stoll C
a pick

What you would think of that? From Habs point of view, Stoll is gritty, good defensively, a perfect fit for our third line and could fill that spot for couple of years, he got a decent pair of hands and he is able to play the point on the Powerplay. (He could take Streit's place) He is a bit smaller than Chipchura but bring enough grit. The Oilers would acquire a captain material player in Chipchura, with the upside of becoming an good to elite shutdown centre with good size, hustling on every shift and going to the net with good puck control ability. Halak could have the chance to see a good amount of game and he is really what could become the future starter in Edmonton. Wyman had a great year in the NCAA and might be surprising or bust.

OnePoll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Hahahaha. True.

So let's assume I only want Stoll.
So why start the thread? I imagine for the sole purpose for bashing another team

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 02:00 PM
OnePoll*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
So why start the thread? I imagine for the sole purpose for bashing another team
No. In fact it was on #hfhabs, I was wondering what the habs could deal to the Oilers to acquire Stoll... DoN,t be so sensitive.

I make a proposal above your post... What you think of that?

Old
06-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarley Zalapski View Post
To Edmonton:

Kyle Chipchura C
Jaroslav Halak G
J.T Wyman RW

To Montreal:

Jarret Stoll C
a pick

What you would think of that? From Habs point of view, Stoll is gritty, good defensively, a perfect fit for our third line and could fill that spot for couple of years, he got a decent pair of hands and he is able to play the point on the Powerplay. (He could take Streit's place) He is a bit smaller than Chipchura but bring enough grit. The Oilers would acquire a captain material player in Chipchura, with the upside of becoming an good to elite shutdown centre with good size, hustling on every shift and going to the net with good puck control ability. Halak could have the chance to see a good amount of game and he is really what could become the future starter in Edmonton. Wyman had a great year in the NCAA and might be surprising or bust.
Oil have too much tenders.

Change Halak for D'Agostini.

But this will be flamed.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 02:07 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Huh? I started the thread to gauge the value of Stoll. Not Stoll+Torres, Stoll+Pitkanen, etc.

Anyway, I think ZZ's proposal is overpayment from Montreal. If it is indeed a late 1st or early 2nd, then that's not horrible. Edmonton wants picks? Not players?

Old
06-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
No. In fact it was on #hfhabs, I was wondering what the habs could deal to the Oilers to acquire Stoll... DoN,t be so sensitive.

I make a proposal above your post... What you think of that?
Look closer. I wasnt addressing you.
To the rest of your question: The Oilers arent interested in trading a single player + pick for mulitple players. The Oilers are close to the 50 contract max.
Plus, Most Oiler fans agree that Stolls value is low right now and not worth trading.
Halak interests me though but the Oilers will be forced to carry 3 goalies this year. Not that JDD, or Roloson is better....but we're *****'d there

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 02:16 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
To Edmonton:

Kyle C
Jaroslav Halak G
J.T Wyman RW

To Montreal:

Jarret Stoll C
a pick

I'd do it the only problem is we'd have probably somehow have to move Roloson to make it work. And probably only one of Wyman or Chipchura would be more fair.

Last edited by Chainshot: 06-11-2008 at 02:47 PM.
OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Giggli G

His trade value has been and will be higher at every other point in his career. Thus, he should only be traded if it is part of a package for an elite talent.

Cheers.

Giggli G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 02:19 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhislife View Post

Jokinen
Malkin
Thornton
Tanguay +
Spezza
JBo
Horton

I'd love to see reference to you finding an Oiler fan talking about trading with Calgary for Tanguay.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 02:20 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post
His trade value has been and will be higher at every other point in his career. Thus, he should only be traded if it is part of a package for an elite talent.

Cheers.
I think getting a guy like Halak would be a good return for him.

Old
06-11-2008, 02:21 PM
misfit

Whatever it is, Stoll won't be moved for a package of lesser players and prospects. The Oilers have more depth then they know what to do with already, and there's no point in them making any trade where they give up the best player in the deal.

Two seasons ago, Stoll had his campaign ended with a concussion. He was well enough to play this season, but it took him until after the new year before he was able to return to form. He should be set up nicely for a bounce back year next year, but his value is still at a low from a terrible first half, so trading him now doesn't make a lot of sense for the Oilers.

06-11-2008, 02:25 PM
OnePoll*

Quote:

Cheers.
Elite talent ? Would you care to elaborate but I can't see Stoll in a package landing an "elite" talent like you said. Not a knock on Stoll or anything but after playing 286 games in the NHL he have a PPG of 0.58. In a lot of team he is nothing more than a good 3rd line centre who can play the point on the PP. In MTL he would be behind Plekanec and Koivu, so I can't see how a team would trade an elite player for a 2nd/3rd line centre who is playing like a 3rd line centre in 3 out of his 4 NHL season. Turning 26 years old in two weeks.

Old
06-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Elite talent ? Would you care to elaborate but I can't see Stoll in a package landing an "elite" talent like you said. Not a knock on Stoll or anything but after playing 286 games in the NHL he have a PPG of 0.58. In a lot of team he is nothing more than a good 3rd line centre who can play the point on the PP. In MTL he would be behind Plekanec and Koivu, so I can't see how a team would trade an elite player for a 2nd/3rd line centre who is playing like a 3rd line centre in 3 out of his 4 NHL season. Turning 26 years old in two weeks.
So then why would the Oilers trade Stoll, if he such a good 2nd/3rd line center who plays the PP and PK exceptionally well. Plus he is an elite face off man. Seriously, explain why would Edmonton trade him unless he was part of a package for a higher tier player?

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 02:28 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:

Cheers.
The olny elite talent the oilers are going to get is if we draft one.

Old
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
OnePoll*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
So then why would the Oilers trade Stoll, if he such a good 2nd/3rd line center who plays the PP and PK exceptionally well. Plus he is an elite face off man. Seriously, explain why would Edmonton trade him unless he was part of a package for a higher tier player?
Because like I said above, I see Halak as a future #1 goaltender, I'm amazed by his play in the AHL and in the NHL. He was solid everywhere he played, he is still very young 22 years old, I think in a few years he is without a doubt better than any other goalie in your organization. Kyle Chipchura is projected as a good 3rd line centre but some offensive potential and good size. Wyman was rock solide this season 15-15-30 in 29 games in the NCAA, I know he isn't worth a lot but already with Chipchura+Halak I think its already a very good package for a player like Stoll. I could even see Halak bumping both Garon and Roloson next season or the one after. Chipchura's upside is kinda what you can get by Stoll currently in his last two season. (Though Chipchura needs work on faceoff circle).

Old
06-11-2008, 02:35 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
Because like I said above, I see Halak as a future #1 goaltender, I'm amazed by his play in the AHL and in the NHL. He was solid everywhere he played, he is still very young 22 years old, I think in a few years he is without a doubt better than any other goalie in your organization. Kyle Chipchura is projected as a good 3rd line centre but some offensive potential and good size. Wyman was rock solide this season 15-15-30 in 29 games in the NCAA, I know he isn't worth a lot but already with Chipchura+Halak I think its already a very good package for a player like Stoll. I could even see Halak bumping both Garon and Roloson next season or the one after. Chipchura's upside is kinda what you can get by Stoll currently in his last two season. (Though Chipchura needs work on faceoff circle).

Chipchura+Halak for Stoll would be fantasic.

Old
06-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
To Edmonton:

Kyle Chipchura C
Jaroslav Halak G
J.T Wyman RW

To Montreal:

Jarret Stoll C
a pick

I think that it's ridiculous from the Habs' point of view. I wouldn't trade Chipchura alone for Stoll.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
CaptainCrunch67

With his concussion issue, his massive drop in play and his contract expiring him leaving him as a UFA, he's not worth a heck of a lot, it would be more worthwhile for teams to wait and see what happens between Stoll and the Oilers.

but I doubt that Stoll as part of a package would entice too many teams to give up a elite player unless that package was incredible.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
dbhislife

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
I'd love to see reference to you finding an Oiler fan talking about trading with Calgary for Tanguay.
ok fair enough I went back a few and cannot find something where Tanguay was the asking price (but I only looked at thread titles btw not what was or wasnt offered within it), but once a page i did find threads centered around getting a big name for 3 of these 4 +/- a pick....my point still stands just with one bad example

dbhislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 02:41 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
With his concussion issue, his massive drop in play and his contract expiring him leaving him as a UFA, he's not worth a heck of a lot, it would be more worthwhile for teams to wait and see what happens between Stoll and the Oilers.

but I doubt that Stoll as part of a package would entice too many teams to give up a elite player unless that package was incredible.
The next part of my question would be, at what point does Edmonton walk away from an offer sheet?

Not that I necessarily think it's prudent to do so from either side, but does Edmonton walk away if they get a 1st+3rd back?

The 2nd round compensation is capped at 2.6M, so I think an offer sheet is highly unlikely.