HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rights to Liles And/Or Brunette?

Old
06-11-2008, 02:47 PM
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius

vCash: 500
Rights to Liles And/Or Brunette?

what you would trade, if anything, for the rights to JM-Liles and/or Andrew Brunette?

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:10 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
don't see alot of demand for those two players

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 6908
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
You don't see a lot of demand for JM Liles? OK....

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:33 PM
facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Liles will have a lineup, this post requires deepest sympathy.

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:49 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by facts View Post
Liles will have a lineup, this post requires deepest sympathy.
the questions was about giving something up before they hit the open market

Lilies may have a few teams chasing him--but there wont be a prolong bidding war and it will be settle quickly. But are teams willing to give something up to someting they could get free on the first---Hartnell would have had 29 teams calling him on the 1st of july last year---How many teams will be calling LIllies? 4

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 03:50 PM
cjdv16

liles, yes. maybe a lesser pick as compensation (assuming colorado is not interested in signing and another team is essentially guaranteed to ink him).

brunette... no. not enough of a critical player.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Coug555

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
brunette... no. not enough of a critical player.
Lolz

Coug555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 05:56 PM
RDriesenUD

ill give you a 7th in 2010 for the rights to Liles.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 10:35 PM
algernon

Anders Erickson for Liles, straight up, yo

algernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

I would love to see Brunette play for the Senators.

Novak Djokovic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 02:25 AM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

I guess this is gonna be the new thing for even borderline second-tier free agents? I'll take my chances July 1st...

I think Liles will garner plenty of attention, I'm surprised the Avs couldn't find a suitable offer at the deadline...but, I think it's fairly unlikely he is traded at this point...unless that becomes the "in thing" this summer, then I will very much stand corrected...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 02:44 AM
Ringer*

Rights of Andy Delmore for Liles rights.. Seems fair..

Ringer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Lunatik*

last June Hartnell and Timonen landed a 1st round pick (2nd overall I believe)... in a draft where it was not considered as deep and not as much top end players... one also has to assume the Flyers had permission before hand to negotiate with the 2 players as both were seemingly signed to contracts immediately...

so whats the difference between Liles/Brunette & Timonen/Hartnell?... from my perspective I see that Hartnell was set to be one of the youngest UFAs (if not the youngest) in league history... where as Brunette is 9 years his senior... although they do provide similar offensive number at this point in their careers... for the defensemen Liles is 5 years younger than Timonen and actually has slightly better offensive numbers than Timonen did at the same age... although it will be difficult for Liles to show the same flair for offense that Timonen has the past few seasons... Liles turns 28 this summer and is just entering the prime of his career... so I think with all things considered I think Liles would have very similar value to what Timonen did last summer

so my concussion is that with the draft being much deeper and having more potential franchise players that the Avalanche stand no chance at landing as high of a pick as Philly did... in fact I feel they would be hard pressed to land a 1st round pick in this years draft for the rights (and agreed upon contracts) for these 2 players... I think it is possible they could land a mid 2nd round pick though if packaged together

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 03:47 AM
backs4mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
last June Hartnell and Timonen landed a 1st round pick (2nd overall I believe)... in a draft where it was not considered as deep and not as much top end players... one also has to assume the Flyers had permission before hand to negotiate with the 2 players as both were seemingly signed to contracts immediately...

so whats the difference between Liles/Brunette & Timonen/Hartnell?... from my perspective I see that Hartnell was set to be one of the youngest UFAs (if not the youngest) in league history... where as Brunette is 9 years his senior... although they do provide similar offensive number at this point in their careers... for the defensemen Liles is 5 years younger than Timonen and actually has slightly better offensive numbers than Timonen did at the same age... although it will be difficult for Liles to show the same flair for offense that Timonen has the past few seasons... Liles turns 28 this summer and is just entering the prime of his career... so I think with all things considered I think Liles would have very similar value to what Timonen did last summer

so my concussion is that with the draft being much deeper and having more potential franchise players that the Avalanche stand no chance at landing as high of a pick as Philly did... in fact I feel they would be hard pressed to land a 1st round pick in this years draft for the rights (and agreed upon contracts) for these 2 players... I think it is possible they could land a mid 2nd round pick though if packaged together
Actually.. it was 23rd overall... and the pick was originally Nashville's, which they gave up in the Forsberg deal.

backs4mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by backs4mvp View Post
Actually.. it was 23rd overall... and the pick was originally Nashville's, which they gave up in the Forsberg deal.
my bad... I had my thinking mixed up lol... in that case I think that the Avs would be lucky to land a 2nd round pick for the rights to the 2 players

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 12:14 AM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post

Timmonen is way better than Liles in every facet of the game. Even last year in Nashville many people considered him a top 10 defenseman. Liles is borderline top 38th defenseman.

In the Western Conference.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 12:15 AM
Peter Griffin

Can't see any teams offering up anything significant for the rights to either player. Both players will have decent interest come July 1st, but any team trading for their rights will likely have to overpay to get them to sign now, so why not just wait until July 1st and then overpay them?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote