HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Defensemen and Injuries

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2004, 01:46 AM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

vCash: 500
Defensemen and Injuries

First off, a couple questions. Does anyone have an update on Fitzpatrick's "injury" or know when Patrick is getting back into the lineup?

Secondly, I just want to note that this team is playing well with a 5/6 defensive pairing of Campbell and Delmore. I can't imagine what it will be like if/when Mckee and Patrick get back into the game.

Zhitnik and Kalinin deserve full props because they have been an incredibly dominant pair for a good portion of this season. Kalinin is slowly emerging as a great number 2 defenseman and will be one of the best seconds in the game in a couple years. I have no doubt.

Old
02-15-2004, 06:58 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Very good point. Ruff has been masterful given what he has to work with, especially on defense.

The status on Fitzpatrick was that he had a cut under his eye and he'd miss the game. He missed the game, but a cut under your eye shouldn't do that. I fear something more serious.

Old
02-15-2004, 11:09 AM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
Secondly, I just want to note that this team is playing well with a 5/6 defensive pairing of Campbell and Delmore. I can't imagine what it will be like if/when Mckee and Patrick get back into the game.
i gotta say, i really don't think delmore has been that bad since he has been called up
campbell hasn't been so good

ive heard often that luke richardson is on the block
i think he could be had rather cheaply and would be a good addition for both physical play and experience/leadership

Old
02-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Fan-of-#9

Delmore has been Ok, although sometimes you find him at weird places on the ice!?
Campbell has been brutal, IMO, cost us a goal last night. Kalinin and Zhitnik are solid, we cannot afford to lose either of these guys. Tallinder is nothing spectacular but he is getting the job done. Right now the D looks OK, but if we could add 1 more body, preferably a tough, rugged vet, we look set for the rest of the year.

Biron looks shaky though. Not sure what to do there.

Old
02-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE

The status on Fitzpatrick was that he had a cut under his eye and he'd miss the game. He missed the game, but a cut under your eye shouldn't do that. I fear something more serious.
I just read he suffered a broken nose. He will probably be playing Monday, I would guess, but with a full face mask.

Old
02-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Satan81

I heard a rumor that Doug Janik was called up.

Old
02-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan81
I heard a rumor that Doug Janik was called up.
From where? (the rumor, not where Janik was called up from )

Old
02-15-2004, 01:57 PM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
From where? (the rumor, not where Janik was called up from )
Someone (user name "AmerkPride") said it on the Sabres board. He knows his stuff on the Amerks...

Old
02-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartG101
Someone (user name "AmerkPride") said it on the Sabres board. He knows his stuff on the Amerks...
When can Patrick return? Does anyone know?

Old
02-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Satan81

Quote:
Yep, that's where I heard it. I checked Sabres and Amerks websites and nothing.

Old
02-15-2004, 02:29 PM
MLH

It's true:

http://www.theahl.com/AHLStatistics0...nsactions.html

Old
02-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
That's not good for business. I hope they've just called him up as a precaution and without the intent to play him. A defense with Delmore, Campbell, and Janik does not look too good on paper, I can tell you that.

Regier really should make a trade for a 3-4 defenseman, no matter what the price.

Old
02-15-2004, 03:08 PM
TheGreatOne99

Send a message via AIM to TheGreatOne99 Send a message via Yahoo to TheGreatOne99
[QUOTE=Rhett4]When can Patrick return? Does anyone know?[/Q
Ruff said that both McKee and Patrick are out indefinatly, and he does not know when either would be back, he did not sound too concerned.

On a side note, I really think this is the time to trade Afinogenov or Biron, there value is pretty high right now and I do not see either in the furutre plans of the Sabres.

Old
02-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

[QUOTE=TheGreatOne99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
When can Patrick return? Does anyone know?[/Q
Ruff said that both McKee and Patrick are out indefinatly, and he does not know when either would be back, he did not sound too concerned.

On a side note, I really think this is the time to trade Afinogenov or Biron, there value is pretty high right now and I do not see either in the furutre plans of the Sabres.
When did he say that? After the game?

I only hope Fitzpatrick can play soon. Oh, and it just goes to show how you can lose a quality player in a fight. I hope Ruff dresses both Peters and Boulton for the game Monday because Atlanta is a really nasty team and the last thing we need is someone that's not a fighter getting beaten up. I can't imagine what Buffalo would do if there was a line brawl like Atlanta had with Edmonton the other night. We don't even have 5 tough guys.

Old
02-15-2004, 10:42 PM
BlackIce

If they get in a line brawl, we pray that the Zamboni Driver is nearby to even things out!

Old
02-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne99

So developing speed winges who are finally putting their game together and coming on have no place on the roster. I doubt the team has the same feeling with the amount of patience they've shown with him since his concussion. He's on pace for a 19 goal season and is 4th in +/- among the forwards---he's doing enough on the defensive side to not be a liability and it's showing up in his stats. Since he's using his speed to attack the net and shooting from everywhere, he's precisely what this team needs.

As for Biron, if management has a complete change of heart and decides to deal him, so be it. If not, I'm fine with that too. Considering they have implied that their playoff run is dependant on his play, it doesn't seem all that likely that they're going to deal him. As well, with the glut on the goalie market, I can't see them getting a return that would make an impact in the fashion Regier would likely want, which leads me to him making no deal whatsoever.

Old
02-16-2004, 12:46 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Afinogenov has 19 points. I really could care less about +/-, unless you want to deal Zhitnik and Kalinin, and play Delmore more. He still doesn't attack the net nearly enough.

Part of the glut in the goalie market has been soaked up with Hasek's and Hackett's injuries, along with Salo's pending UFA status.

Closed Thread