HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Olli Jokinen likely heading to Columbus

Old
06-12-2008, 02:02 AM
Michael Scofield

vCash: 500
Nash-Jokinen-Zherdev

i like it

Michael Scofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 02:15 AM
ComixZone

yeah I'm of the mindset now that wherever the hell he gets dealt to..Calgary, Vancouver, Columbus, American Gladiators...whoever gets him, I hope they friggin' sign him to a long-term no-movement, no-trade clause ASAP so that I never have to hear his damn name again until you know...he puts that Calgary Flames jersey on and helps Iggy hoist that cup that detroit seems to be having so much fun with...

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 02:48 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Strachan's always full of it.

At least Eklund gets a few things right.
not on the trade front

and he does not get credit imo when he names player x and then names ten teams may sign with

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 04:00 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
maybe Zherdev & the 16th but not the 6th... if Picard is involved I'm not sure what his value would be
We have the 6th and 19th pick... Zherdev and the 6th (possibly Schenn) is to much to give up for OJ. Z and the 19th is a possibilty, a done deal would be Picard and the 19th pick. Trading Zherdev for a forward is a big debate, we only have two forwards who can score and Zherdev is one of them, if he gets traded for a center we still have to fill his spot which makes little sense in the big picture. But some say Z is not a Hitch type player-we will see.

btw, Picard has been injured most of tenure with the jackets so far, however, when not injured and playing in Columbus he has been ineffective. Some fans are still holding out hope for him but many would be fine with him being moved, of which I'm one.

Last edited by Robert: 06-12-2008 at 04:07 AM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 04:18 AM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Z and the 19th is a possibilty, a done deal would be Picard and the 19th pick.
That's a lowball offer.

If Z is not going the other way, it will have to be the #6 + more... the #19 + stuff should fetch you second liner material like Vermette/Fisher.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 04:24 AM
Penner getrdonebryan

I think a very good deal for both teams would be Zherdev and the 19th pick overall for Jokinen . Jokinen is a first line C in this league , Columbus won't find any first line C from free agency as good as him and with that kind of contract (Sundin will retire a Leaf ,Sakic if he decides to come back he will also be a Av till he hangs his skates up) . Zherdev has tremendous offensive upside but there are a lot of wingers that are available - Hossa,Demitra,Rolston,Stillman,Brunette,Vrbata . Columbus has the cap space to sign 2 or 3 if they want
Florida does this because they want a first round pick in a very deep draft and they shed Jokinen's salary to re-sign Bouwmeester (2,3 is what he made this year + 3 mil = 5,3 for 3-4 years that's what Jokinen makes) and they will also have money to sign Redden(Martin wants him badly) and a top 6 forward. Both teams are pretty set and ready to go

Penner getrdonebryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 05:44 AM
SufferingCatFan

HA.HA.HA....Jokinen is attractive, not just becuase he is a scoring, first line center, but because he has a cheap $5.25mm two year contract. Martin is reportedly asking a ton for him and will trade him only if the deal is one sided in Florida's favor. The Panthers do not need to shed salary BTW, because the team is way under the cap.

I could see Stumpel or McClean going to Columbus, but not Ollie unless you are prepared to overpay.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 06:13 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsAlive View Post
Watching The Spin on The Score right now and Strachan said Jokinen will defiantly not be in Florida next season and that he will most likely be traded to Columbus.
he goes from bad to bad, poor oli

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 06:14 AM
BabyJagrov

Don't flame me Jackets-fan, but since we all know (panthers fans) that Olli won't go unless it is a lopsided-offer... What do you think about this proposal ?

To Columbus: Olli Jokinen + Mike Van Ryn + Ville Peltonen

To Florida: Nikolai Zherdev + Rostislav Klesla + Alexandre Picard + 6th pick overall 2008

Picard is terrible as I've heard... So Peltonen vs Picard is like a wash... Van Ryn had problems with the injury bug, but he can be way better than Rusty Klesla if he gets healthy, I know it's a big IF !

Then you have Olli vs 6th overall + Zherdev, I know a lot of you are already saying this alone is an overpayment, but don't expect Olli to go for Picard and the 19th pick... or even Zherdev + 19th pick overall, Martin wouldn't put the trigger on that one !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Skraut

as mentioned...

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2008/06/a_few_things.shtml

Quote:
-- Olli Jokinen is NOT going to join the Blue Jackets. Just cross his name off the list right now, folks. Trust me on this one.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 07:01 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagr View Post
Don't flame me Jackets-fan, but since we all know (panthers fans) that Olli won't go unless it is a lopsided-offer... What do you think about this proposal ?

To Florida: Nikolai Zherdev + Rostislav Klesla + Alexandre Picard + 6th pick overall 2008

Picard is terrible as I've heard... So Peltonen vs Picard is like a wash... Van Ryn had problems with the injury bug, but he can be way better than Rusty Klesla if he gets healthy, I know it's a big IF !
Yeah Picard would pretty much be a throw in at this point but if your looking for a 3rd/4th line energy guy he is it -- now if he could ever find his hands.

As far as your proposal Columbus would kindly pass. Howson was on the radio here locally yesterday and said to move that 6th it would have to be a special player that could figure into Columubus' plans for 5 to 6 years. Said there are maybe 12 of those and maybe 3 of those are available.

I doubt Jokinen is one of those but if he was then I don't think he'd move much more than the 6th for him.

That said I would personally consider a Klesla + Z + Picard package for him. Or remove Z and insert the 19th.

I have to go with our beat reporter though and if he says soi strongly that Columbus isn't interested in Jokinen then I'll have to believe him. These guys are pretty piped in and its rare that they would make such a bold statement about a potential trade target - very rare.

Not that I agree with that stance though. When you've got as many holes to fill as Columbus does I don't think you can ever afford to cross a talent like Jokinen off your list -- regardless of baggae he may carry. Your not going to find a perfect player - organizations don't trade those away.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Panopticon

Why would Olli do this? He wants to make the playoffs, doesn't he?

Sure, Columbus might be better next year, especially if Olli plays with Nash, but you'd still think he'd rather go to more of a certain playoff team.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 07:11 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

I'll trust the Columbus guys over Strachan on this one.

Olli ain't coming to Columbus.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 07:20 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Al Strachan is a gossip mongerer + I still can't fathom why Jokinen keeps coming up in trade rumors + if Martin wants to trade Jokinen he'd have to be insane = Eklund like rumor

edit: Plus, the Jackets beat writer emphatically "beats" this rumor down. The problem is everyone seems to think Jokinen is much maligned in South Florida, but at the same time he's wanted like a fantasy player on draft day by the hockey media, fans, and Eklund. It's a bizarre dynamic that's getting old.

Last edited by HughJass*: 06-12-2008 at 07:31 AM.
HughJass* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 07:35 AM
mattihp

vCash: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
I wonder if Bouw's contract negotiations affect this trade. Maybe Florida is going to do a mini rebuild...
Letting go of Jokinen would be more than a mini rebuild..

I can see Olli holding out if he is traded to the BJs

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

Feb 2008

Al Strachan stands by his statement last week that Tampa Bay Lightning forward Vincent Lecavalier will ask for a trade in the off-season. Strachan indicated that his source is very reliable and close to Lecavalier, and would have no reason to make up rumors.
I want to ask this after many of your posts but...what is your point and what does that have to do with anything?

I'd take the word of the Columbus beat writer over Strachan. Then again, I'd take the word of the beat writer's dog over Strachan.

06-12-2008, 08:17 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
I want to ask this after many of your posts but...what is your point and what does that have to do with anything?

I'd take the word of the Columbus beat writer over Strachan. Then again, I'd take the word of the beat writer's dog over Strachan.

I think his point was (and I hope) that Strachan is full of it, actually. Strachan said that a few months ago and it seems like he's still on an island with those ludicrous statements.

HughJass* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 08:38 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
No he wouldn't. He's under contract and he wouldn't want to miss out on those checks.

Now would he play at top potential - anyone's guess.

Old
06-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Sony Eriksson*

I would think they would like to keep Zherdev and maybe give up a 2nd line guy and a 1st for Jokinen. Coulbus in my mind really needs to keep Zherdev and Nash to go along with Jokinen (if they get him).

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
I would think they would like to keep Zherdev and maybe give up a 2nd line guy and a 1st for Jokinen. Coulbus in my mind really needs to keep Zherdev and Nash to go along with Jokinen (if they get him).
You need to give to get. Columbus is not going to get a guy like Jokinen by trading spare parts.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Letting go of Jokinen would be more than a mini rebuild..

If it happens, I see Olli welcoming the change of scenary because of what happened with the Zednik injury. I also see him playing like the Olli before that injury.

Old
06-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
You need to give to get. Columbus is not going to get a guy like Jokinen by trading spare parts.
You sacrifice a couple years of 1st round picks and bundle that up with someone who is not Zherdev or Nash to get Jokinen.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagr View Post

Then you have Olli vs 6th overall + Zherdev, I know a lot of you are already saying this alone is an overpayment, but don't expect Olli to go for Picard and the 19th pick... or even Zherdev + 19th pick overall, Martin wouldn't put the trigger on that one !
Tweaked it a bit. Don't flame me either. What do you guys think of the proposal now?Trying to gage how far off this would be???

To Columbus: Olli Jokinen + Mike Van Ryn + Ville Peltonen + Anthony Stewart + 2nd rd pick(31st overall)

To Florida: Nikolai Zherdev + Rostislav Klesla + Alexandre Picard + 6th pick overall 2008 + 2nd rd pick(37th overall)

Old
06-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Maggle Cole
VINTAGE WWE APP

Why would Columbus want a goal scoring center when they desperately need a playmaker for Nash?

Maggle Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 09:24 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
To Columbus: Olli Jokinen + Mike Van Ryn + Ville Peltonen + Anthony Stewart + 2nd rd pick(31st overall)

To Florida: Nikolai Zherdev + Rostislav Klesla + Alexandre Picard + 6th pick overall 2008 + 2nd rd pick(37th overall)
You guys are making this way to complicated. Van Ryn, Peltonen, Stewart aren't neccessary.

Columbus would not be interested in anything other than Jokinen -- even then it appears they aren't interested.