HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Olli Jokinen likely heading to Columbus

Old
06-14-2008, 07:40 AM
CBJFan827

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenGC View Post
Ill give it a go.....

How about a three way deal including Ottawa.

Florida: Jokinen -> 6th overall pick + Vermette (RFA)
Columbus: 6th overall pick + P. Leclair (RFA) -> Spezza + Emery
Ottawa: Spezza + Emery + Vermette (RFA) -> Jokinen + P. LeClair (RFA)

Reasons Florida does this because:
A) a first round draft pick (DeBoer gets Boedker?).
B) a strong two-way Center (50point player) who is great at faceoffs.
Reason Columbus does this because:
A) Gets a playmaking Center to play with Nash whithout giving up Zherdev.
B) Emery has the skills, just needs a fresh start. Give him season to prove himself. If he doesnt grap it..... Mason is ready to step up.
Reason Ottawa does this because:
A) Jokinen fills the whole of Spezza, and is a much more allround player.
B) Gets their goalie problem solved.

Come on flame away..... you know you want to.....
Hmm... Doubt Florida does that with all the crap they're spouting about how much OJ's worth.

The Sens take that and run, most likely. They get a franchise goalie and a solid, albeit different style, center to play on the top line.

Columbus... I dunno about Leclaire being dealt. I really don't think that'll happen, and I KNOW we don't need the headcase known as Emery... That puts us in a dangerous position without a great #1 goalie... but we get Spezza... I'm conflicted. I'd think long and hard about that deal if I was Howson...

Emery v. Hitch.... scary.

CBJFan827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan827 View Post
Hmm... Doubt Florida does that with all the crap they're spouting about how much OJ's worth.

The Sens take that and run, most likely. They get a franchise goalie and a solid, albeit different style, center to play on the top line.

Columbus... I dunno about Leclaire being dealt. I really don't think that'll happen, and I KNOW we don't need the headcase known as Emery... That puts us in a dangerous position without a great #1 goalie... but we get Spezza... I'm conflicted. I'd think long and hard about that deal if I was Howson...

I think this is closer than you might think.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 07:55 AM
DenGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan827 View Post

Two wrongs make a right (Emery + Zherdev)

Sens could add prospect like Zubov to go to the panthers.

DenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenGC View Post
Ill give it a go.....

How about a three way deal including Ottawa.

Florida: Jokinen -> 6th overall pick + Vermette (RFA)
Columbus: 6th overall pick + P. Leclair (RFA) -> Spezza + Emery
Ottawa: Spezza + Emery + Vermette (RFA) -> Jokinen + P. LeClair (RFA)

Reasons Florida does this because:
A) a first round draft pick (DeBoer gets Boedker?).
B) a strong two-way Center (50point player) who is great at faceoffs.
Reason Columbus does this because:
A) Gets a playmaking Center to play with Nash whithout giving up Zherdev.
B) Emery has the skills, just needs a fresh start. Give him season to prove himself. If he doesnt grap it..... Mason is ready to step up.
Reason Ottawa does this because:
A) Jokinen fills the whole of Spezza, and is a much more allround player.
B) Gets their goalie problem solved.

Come on flame away..... you know you want to.....

I think JM would consider it because he really likes Vermette, but in the end unless a prospect was added from somewhere I don't think he would do it. I like Vermette but prefer Jokinen. Very interesting proposal, I think this is very close to something JM would do. Just add a prospect from somewhere and I believe he pulls the trigger.

Old
06-14-2008, 08:22 AM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I think JM would consider it because he really likes Vermette, but in the end unless a prospect was added from somewhere I don't think he would do it. I like Vermette but prefer Jokinen. Very interesting proposal, I think this is very close to something JM would do. Just add a prospect from somewhere and I believe he pulls the trigger.
The Fourth Period, which is a pretty reliable rumor site, is reporting that the Panthers are mulling offers from up to a dozen teams, including the Canadians, Canucks, Wild, Stars, Flyers and Flames. Now that the bidding war has started among asset rich, play- off caliber teams, the likelihood of CBJ landing Ollie seems remote, whether directly or in a 3 way trade.

JM has proven to be a tough negotiator, whose style is to demand way more than fair value and patiently wait to see whether some desperate GM bites.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 08:47 AM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
The only way I see this REALLY turning into a good trade (if it happened) for the panthers is if somehow Filatov drops to 6 (which is possible, but very unlikely). I don't know much about how Vermette plays but I know JM be pretty interested in getting 6th overall.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckdaddy View Post
The Fourth Period, which is a pretty reliable rumor site, is reporting that the Panthers are mulling offers from up to a dozen teams, including the Canadians, Canucks, Wild, Stars, Flyers and Flames. Now that the bidding war has started among asset rich, play- off caliber teams, the likelihood of CBJ landing Ollie seems remote, whether directly or in a 3 way trade.

JM has proven to be a tough negotiator, whose style is to demand way more than fair value and patiently wait to see whether some desperate GM bites.
I wonder what Dallas would be offering. They don't even have a first rounder.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 09:41 AM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:

Not a bad philosophy, especially when trading your top scorer and captain.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:

The post I was responding to was about the 3 way trade, which has Olli going to Ottawa not Columbus.

But like you said, the chances of a trade including Columbus & Ottawa are not likely. I think if JM is indeed going to trade Olli he would rather trade him to someone not named Ottawa. So with a dozen or so more teams making offers for Jokinen, I believe they all have a better shot at Olli then Ottawa does.

Old
06-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
Not a bad philosophy, especially when trading your top scorer and captain.
I 2nd that notion!

Old
06-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I wonder what Dallas would be offering. They don't even have a first rounder.
Hey, Maybe we could get Brad Richards.

Old
06-14-2008, 11:01 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
The post I was responding to was about the 3 way trade, which has Olli going to Ottawa not Columbus.

But like you said, the chances of a trade including Columbus & Ottawa are not likely. I think if JM is indeed going to trade Olli he would rather trade him to someone not named Ottawa. So with a dozen or so more teams making offers for Jokinen, I believe they all have a better shot at Olli then Ottawa does.
No reason for Columbus to not trade for Olli then flip him to Ottawa though. Just a thought...

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote