HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Jonathan Blum

Old
06-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Complaining Customer

vCash: 500
Jonathan Blum

Why is nobody talking about this kid? He seems to be quite a chip to have in the farm... I'm I off? What's his potential and future like in Nash?

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post
Why is nobody talking about this kid? He seems to be quite a chip to have in the farm... I'm I off? What's his potential and future like in Nash?
Sure he has really good skill as an offensive defenseman, but we need more crease clearers that are younger than Devries ... maybe a Tyler Myers would work wonders if we were able to pick him with one of our first round picks

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Our fanbase as a whole is quite jaded when it comes to blue-chip defensive prospects....we typically have 2-3 at a time, with several other players with great outlooks. This is why you will hear relatively little from Nashville fans....he sits behind Sulzer, Laakso, Franson, Koistenen, and Klein....not to mention we already have Suter/Weber/Hamhuis in the starting 6.

06-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Our fanbase as a whole is quite jaded when it comes to blue-chip defensive prospects....we typically have 2-3 at a time, with several other players with great outlooks. This is why you will hear relatively little from Nashville fans....he sits behind Sulzer, Laakso, Franson, Koistenen, and Klein....not to mention we already have Suter/Weber/Hamhuis in the starting 6.
Oh thanks Enoch. So the kid has next to no future in Nashville? Is his value good enough to use him as trade bait?

(I thought for sure he was better than Franson - don't know much about the others)

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 03:05 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Why is nobody talking about this kid?
I was, last year at the draft. If you were there you might've heard me screaming at Poile for picking him.

He'll be a good player and has a lot of potential... but it was the wrong pick.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Oh thanks Enoch. So the kid has next to no future in Nashville? Is his value good enough to use him as trade bait?

(I thought for sure he was better than Franson - don't know much about the others)
His future is undecided. He probably is at least 2 years away, likely 3, and he needs to add some weight during that time. Who knows what our situation is at that time. Don't count him out of the picture, but just know that at this point in time, the Predators defensive depth chart is the deepest in the league (and it isn't even close).

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote