HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

More "Canadians" on our team?

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
I'm with you. More guys like Joey Datsyuk, Ronnie Zetterberg and Greg Lidstrom, please.
You got it wrong.
It's Paul Datsyuk, Hank Zetterberg and .... uh Nick Lidstrom ...

Old
06-13-2008, 11:33 AM
NativeHockey77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
the guy has HOCKEY COUNTRY as his hometown. If it's not a joke, he's a joke.
Im from Canada baby, best nation in hockey

4 WJC in a Row baby, ill make a bet, I bet Canada wins the World Juniors this year, and a Canadian Captain wins the cup...and if I lose, I'll quit the forum

Old
06-13-2008, 11:36 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
Im from Canada baby, best nation in hockey

4 WJC in a Row baby, ill make a bet, I bet Canada wins the World Juniors this year, and a Canadian Captain wins the cup...and if I lose, I'll quit the forum
I'll bet you that the captain of the Canadian WJC team is Canadian. Why do you call everyone baby ?

Old
06-13-2008, 11:42 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc View Post

In our Team I would like to have a corpse of:

in our top 6 forward of Three Canadians (Including 1 from the Q) and 3 europeans
You want six dead players in our lineup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I'm starting to suspect he's Price's so called cousin, 3rd time around , I forget what happened for his last ban, but it went on a page or two, then disappeared. I thought it might be sort of on the level this time, but I'm starting to think not.
I think you may be onto something...

Old
06-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Artie

Quote:
I'll bet you that the captain of the Canadian WJC team is Canadian. Why do you call everyone baby ?
the and the "baby" and the capitalizing of certain words and the emphasis on the good ole Canadian Boys is making me think he's Herb Tarlek.

Old
06-13-2008, 12:00 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
We dont need Canadians...we need grit.

I'd take a Holmstrom-esque player over a lot of the "Ol Canadian Boyz" out there.

Talent is talent and speaks for itself on the ice. Nationality is only relevant come the Olympics and World Championships...

Oh and LR was right, the better Canadian players weren't physical.

Lemieux never was a physical player. More Rick Nash than Lindros.

Old
06-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Kaptain Bégin

Yes, I want Canadian kid who play a Canadian game, like the best we have in that mold, the great Polish-American Mike Komisarek

Old
06-13-2008, 12:36 PM
snakeye

Lot of talk about warriors. Perhaps the habs should hire the ULTIMATE WARRIOR! He's not Canadian, and I'm not even sure he can play hockey, but I'm pretty sure no one would step into a rink with him.

Old
06-13-2008, 12:47 PM
NativeHockey77*

this thread has turned into a gong show

but really, im sayin we should get some tough, gritty good ol canadian boys (from Kingstong Ontario )

But you guys made it into a racial and political thing, I jus said we should get some Canadian boys who know best how to play the Candian good ol time hockey style of play

anyone with me?

Old
06-13-2008, 12:53 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:

but really, im sayin we should get some tough, gritty good ol canadian boys (from Kingstong Ontario )

But you guys made it into a racial and political thing, I jus said we should get some Canadian boys who know best how to play the Candian good ol time hockey style of play

anyone with me?
No...

You do realise that they've been teaching youth in other hockey countries how to play the "Canadian style of hockey" for years now?

You're the one excluding certain groups in your player preferences...

Gotta love what Don Cherry has done to hockey fans

Old
06-13-2008, 12:56 PM
mcphee

Quote:

anyone with me?
If you're not just being a clown, and as everyone knows, clowns are creepy, why not say that you feel that the team's finesse/speed stryle won't get it done. You'd rather a crash n bang style. List some actual players who could fit and would be interested in playting here, rather than aged back shooters like Roberts and retired guys.

Then again, you probably won't. I've been to Kingstong, in fact I had to leave a little girl in Kingstong town, day o de de day o, and I never noticed a particulary tough populace.

Old
06-13-2008, 01:00 PM
NativeHockey77*

Quote:
If you're not just being a clown, and as everyone knows, clowns are creepy, why not say that you feel that the team's finesse/speed stryle won't get it done. You'd rather a crash n bang style. List some actual players who could fit and would be interested in playting here, rather than aged back shooters like Roberts and retired guys.

Then again, you probably won't. I've been to Kingstong, in fact I had to leave a little girl in Kingstong town, day o de de day o, and I never noticed a particulary tough populace.
Clown? whos the clown?

Im not the one who made this thread into a gong show, makin it political and racial

Im jus sayin we should get some good ol canadian boys that play a physical game

WHERE did I cut down Euros in this thread? you guys just jumped the guns and "defended" our Euro dominated team...but what you guys dont realize Im jus suggesting we get more physical Canadian players, cuz we didnt win the cup did we?

Old
06-13-2008, 01:04 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Clown? whos the clown?

Im not the one who made this thread into a gong show, makin it political and racial

WHERE did I cut down Euros in this thread? you guys just jumped the guns and "defended" our Euro dominated team...but what you guys dont realize Im jus suggesting we get more physical Canadian players, cuz we didnt win the cup did we?
But why the bias towards canadian players?

You're new here so its forgivable, but you're not being flexible in your argument/idea. Singleing out a need or fault of a player based on nationality is taboo around here.

Like I said in my previous post. Physical play is not longer a Canadian thing. It depends on the player.

Old
06-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Clown? whos the clown?

You made this a political and racial thread when you chose the title!!!!!

How do you start a thread with the title as "More "Canadians" on our team?" and not expect people to think that you were pro Canada???? If you are pro Canada thats fine, its your opinion, but you are the one who made this thread racial and political.....not anybody else!!!

Just so everybody understands, you would rather have Jordan Tootoo on your team than Evgeni Malkin, just because Tootoo is more physical and from Canada???? Thats basically what your saying with a title like that.

I want the Habs to get players that are going to contribute to areas where the team lacks....like size, grit, goal scoring ability, playmaking ability....I don't care what country they are from.

Old
06-13-2008, 01:07 PM
NativeHockey77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
But why the bias towards canadian players?

You're new here so its forgivable, but you're not being flexible in your argument/idea. Singleing out a need or fault of a player based on nationality is taboo around here.

Like I said in my previous post. Physical play is not longer a Canadian thing. It depends on the player.

but the Canadian game, is a Canadian thing, played best by Canadian players...so Canadian players on the "Canadiens" only fits...eh? eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
You made this a political and racial thread when you chose the title!!!!!

How do you start a thread with the title as "More "Canadians" on our team?" and not expect people to think that you were pro Canada???? If you are pro Canada thats fine, its your opinion, but you are the one who made this thread racial and political.....not anybody else!!!

Just so everybody understands, you would rather have Jordan Tootoo on your team than Evgeni Malkin, just because Tootoo is more physical and from Canada???? Thats basically what your saying with a title like that.

I want the Habs to get players that are going to contribute to areas where the team lacks....like size, grit, goal scoring ability, playmaking ability....I don't care what country they are from.

I said we should get more Candians on our team, what I DIDNT say REPLACE OUR BEST PLAYERS FOR SOME CHECKING ROLE PLAYERS

Im sayin we need depth on this team full of Canadian players to bring the HEART and physicality our team lacked in alot of areas (other than our D)

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-13-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old
06-13-2008, 01:09 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
but the Canadian game, is a Canadian thing, played best by Canadian players...so Canadian players on the "Canadiens" only fits...eh? eh?
IT NO LONGER IS

GET OUT OF THE EFFIN 70'S

Im trying to make you realize that train of thought doesnt fly here...and you just dont get it...un freaking real

Old
06-13-2008, 01:13 PM
NativeHockey77*

Quote:
IT NO LONGER IS

GET OUT OF THE EFFIN 70'S

Im trying to make you realize that train of thought doesnt fly here...and you just dont get it...un freaking real
how many cups have the habs won in the 70s compare to the 2000's?

I rest my case

Old
06-13-2008, 01:14 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
The game is no longer solely the domain of Canada. Which country is the current World Champion? The current Olympic Champion? Who won the most recent Conn Smythe? Who captained the most recent Stanley Cup Champion? Are any of them Canadian? No. Canada sill produces *a lot* of the world's best players, but IMO you can't say that Canada, hands down, is the only true "hockey country" anymore.

Like other people have pointed out, on our team the best example of the kind of player you seem to want is Komisarek, who's American, and no, you can't just say, well, he's North American to conveniently use him in your argument.

Old
06-13-2008, 01:15 PM
NativeHockey77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
The game is no longer solely the domain of Canada. Which country is the current World Champion? The current Olympic Champion? Who won the most recent Conn Smythe? Who captained the most recent Stanley Cup Champion? Are any of them Canadian? No. Canada sill produces *a lot* of the world's best players, but IMO you can't say that Canada, hands down, is the only true "hockey country" anymore.

Like other people have pointed out, on our team the best example of the kind of player you seem to want is Komisarek, who's American, and no, you can't just say, well, he's North American to conveniently use him in your argument.
if we sent our best players we would of had the gold medal at the olympics

hey question for ya guys

WHOS WON THE WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP 4 YEARS IN A ROW??

Old
06-13-2008, 01:16 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Clown? whos the clown?

If I say I only like French Canadian hockey players, techically I'm not cutting anyone down am I ? Then again, I sort of am, by exclusion.

The thing is, you keep saying good ol... and all that dribble but it's meaningless if you don't define it.

Sure, I hope the Habs play like the Canadian entry in the last few WJC's, in that they won. What does that mean though ? Anyone can throw out generalizations. I want the Habs to play like russia did in the 3rd period of the WC final. Another lofty goal.

If you really want to talk about, describe the player[s] you want and where they'd fit on the team ? Would you want to deal the kost. brothers for 2 players like Colby Armstrong ? Of course not.

I would like to see a player or two added that brings a combination of physical presence and talent but I want it done with teh team's futrure in mind, ie, a guy like Sundin who can give you a good year while young players further develop.

If you bring in new guys of a certain type, someone's got to go. Who ?

Old
06-13-2008, 01:17 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
how many cups have the habs won in the 70s compare to the 2000's?

I rest my case

There were only Canadians in the NHL at the time...you have no case to rest.

Breaking a few rules here:

Rule 4:

Quote:
We have members from different countries, religions, backgrounds. Even if you express a point of view that is very popular in your culture, it may generate a negative reaction from members in another part of the world so please exercise tact.
Rule 10:

Quote:
Misleading Titles: On the Hockey Boards, the subject line of the post should be as informative as possible about the content of the post. This also reduces duplicate posts.
Quote:

hey question for ya guys

How is this relevant to the NHL?

You;re the one making this political

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-13-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Old
06-13-2008, 01:19 PM
NativeHockey77*

Quote:
There were only Canadians in the NHL at the time...you have no case to rest.

Breaking a few rules here:

Rule 4:

Rule 10:
wehre did i cut down ANY race ? if you look back on this thread youll see one guy reffering to me and Carey Price as an INDIAN

what are we in the 1950s? callin me an indian? and your sayin im breakin rules?

I didnt cut down euros, i jus said we should get more candians that play the canadian STYLE...no where did I say GET RID of our top end Euro talent

Old
06-13-2008, 01:21 PM
mcphee

Quote:

hey question for ya guys

Hmm, bigger letters you must have a point. Still, I've seen nothing about what you think should be done so, .....

Old
NativeHockey77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
I agree.

We need to get rid of Kovalev, Koivu, Plekanek, Higgins, Komisarek, Halak, A Kost, S Kost, Hamrlik, Streit (a lot ill be happy here), Markov.

We should offer all these guys for Crosby.

Who wants those Malkin, Ovechkin and Malkin? Who wants Zetterberg, Datsuk, Hossa, Sundin, Selane, Filatov and Linstrom?

BTW, one thing I love about hockey, this is an international sports and Canadians are still in the top of it. But unless Habs gets the first two players in Quebec... I think that everybody is fair game.

Also what kind of name is this guy "Stamkos"? His he a true Canadian?
Also, Price... is he Canadian or Indian? He is not really white?

and look at that with all the "sarcasm" and this guy gets away?

Old
Artie

ummm am I the only one that thinks Jussin is just messing with everybody....

way too many in his posts.

Closed Thread