HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

More "Canadians" on our team?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2008, 01:22 PM
  #101
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
wehre did i cut down ANY race ? if you look back on this thread youll see one guy reffering to me and Carey Price as an INDIAN


what are we in the 1950s? callin me an indian? and your sayin im breakin rules?


I didnt cut down euros, i jus said we should get more candians that play the canadian STYLE...no where did I say GET RID of our top end Euro talent
What is this Canadian style though ? How should Carbo change his coaching/teaching philosophy ? How will we fit these new players ?

mcphee is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:22 PM
  #102
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Hmm, bigger letters you must have a point. Still, I've seen nothing about what you think should be done so, .....
yeah its gonna get a whole lot bigger when number 5 in a row comes buddy....

NativeHockey77* is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:23 PM
  #103
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
wehre did i cut down ANY race ? if you look back on this thread youll see one guy reffering to me and Carey Price as an INDIAN


what are we in the 1950s? callin me an indian? and your sayin im breakin rules?


I didnt cut down euros, i jus said we should get more candians that play the canadian STYLE...no where did I say GET RID of our top end Euro talent
Not every knows its a derogatory term. I learned that before working with INAC.

And you are cutting down euro's, by maintaining Canadians are omnipotently better and that the Canadian style is un paralled.

Concentrate on skill sets, not nationalities

 
Old
06-13-2008, 01:23 PM
  #104
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
ummm am I the only one that thinks Jussin is just messing with everybody....

way too many in his posts.
Hard to say. Kind of like the PJ Stock syndrome. He can't be serious but ya never know.

mcphee is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:25 PM
  #105
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
What is this Canadian style though ? How should Carbo change his coaching/teaching philosophy ? How will we fit these new players ?
Cuz carbo is the coach, but he doesnt control every move of the player like on NHL 08


Wouldnt you guys want more representation from your country on this team? honestly? nothing against Euros cuz they are great....but Id like to see some Canadian physical playoff warriors



look at this whole thread, youll realize i never ONCE bashed ANYONE of Euro descent

NativeHockey77* is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:25 PM
  #106
Istvan
Registered User
 
Istvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
this thread has turned into a gong show



but really, im sayin we should get some tough, gritty good ol canadian boys (from Kingstong Ontario )



But you guys made it into a racial and political thing, I jus said we should get some Canadian boys who know best how to play the Candian good ol time hockey style of play



anyone with me?
Don Cherry?

Istvan is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:26 PM
  #107
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Not every knows its a derogatory term. I learned that before working with INAC.

And you are cutting down euro's, by maintaining Canadians are omnipotently better and that the Canadian style is un paralled.

Concentrate on skill sets, not nationalities
It is a KNOWN fact Canadians are best at the Canadian STYLE of GAME


just like

Brazillians are best at the Brazillian style of "Fooot-ball"



Im talkin bout STYLE brothers

NativeHockey77* is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:28 PM
  #108
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
Cuz carbo is the coach, but he doesnt control every move of the player like on NHL 08


Wouldnt you guys want more representation from your country on this team? honestly? nothing against Euros cuz they are great....but Id like to see some Canadian physical playoff warriors



look at this whole thread, youll realize i never ONCE bashed ANYONE of Euro descent
OK...lets compare Apples and Oranges...litterally.

Apples are amazing.

Apples are the best.

Nothing Tastes better than an apple.

There shouldnt be anything but apples in a juice with the word "apple" in it.

We only need apples.


Them oranges looking pretty bad now, eh?

Good thing I didnt bash the oranges though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
It is a KNOWN fact Canadians are best at the Canadian STYLE of GAME


just like

Brazillians are best at the Brazillian style of "Fooot-ball"



Im talkin bout STYLE brothers
Its still an archaic term.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-13-2008 at 01:40 PM.
 
Old
06-13-2008, 01:32 PM
  #109
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
OK...lets compare Apples and Oranges...litterally.

Apples are amazing.

Apples are the best.

Nothing Tastes better than an apple.

There shouldnt be anything but apples in a juice with the word "apple" in it.

We only need apples.


Them oranges looking pretty bad now, eh?

Good thing I didnt bash the oranges though

ok tell me this, whos best at playing the Canadian style of hockey??

and tell me whos the best at making First Nations fry bread?

whos the best at making swedish meat balls??


they are all straight forward my freind....

NativeHockey77* is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:33 PM
  #110
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
It is a KNOWN fact Canadians are best at the Canadian STYLE of GAME


just like

Brazillians are best at the Brazillian style of "Fooot-ball"



Im talkin bout STYLE brothers
Well are Canadians really best at the Canadian game. Or is it the North American game. And which style is really better at winning championships in the NHL, not necessarily in tournaments. And what about non-canadians that play a canadian style or canadians that don't play a canadian style...or is it north american style. crap now I've confused myself....

Artie is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:35 PM
  #111
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
Well are Canadians really best at the Canadian game. Or is it the North American game. And which style is really better at winning championships in the NHL, not necessarily in tournaments. And what about non-canadians that play a canadian style or canadians that don't play a canadian style...or is it north american style. crap now I've confused myself....
ok whos the best player ever in the NHL? whats his nationality?


What nationality is the most captains who won the cup since Eurpeans came?



im not bashin euros, im jus relaying facts buddy

NativeHockey77* is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:35 PM
  #112
Istvan
Registered User
 
Istvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
Cuz carbo is the coach, but he doesnt control every move of the player like on NHL 08


Wouldnt you guys want more representation from your country on this team? honestly? nothing against Euros cuz they are great....but Id like to see some Canadian physical playoff warriors



look at this whole thread, youll realize i never ONCE bashed ANYONE of Euro descent
On the contrary you have been quite complimentary of people of European descent i.e. Canadians.

Istvan is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:36 PM
  #113
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
OK...lets compare Apples and Oranges...litterally.

Apples are amazing.

Apples are the best.

Nothing Tastes better than an apple.

There shouldnt be anything but apples in a juice with the word "apple" in it.

We only need apples.


Them oranges looking pretty bad now, eh?

Good thing I didnt bash the oranges though
but what kind of apples....

Macintosh, Granny Smiths, Lobos, Cortlands, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Galas...oh if only it was as simple as just putting apples in a press and out comes apple juice.

Artie is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:37 PM
  #114
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
ok tell me this, whos best at playing the Canadian style of hockey??

and tell me whos the best at making First Nations fry bread?

whos the best at making swedish meat balls??


they are all straight forward my freind....
But were talking NHL hockey here.

and like I stated before, the Canadian Hockey Style is a dated term.

Them Russians were playing a heluva canadian style in Quebec.

The fact of the matter is that physical play is not longer our country's staple. We win championships because we breed better players...not better styles.

Heck, a lot of our new starts are superb finesse players (think Toews, Gagne, Staal(s) )...the gritty aspect you're looking for in no longer coming from only canadian players.

 
Old
06-13-2008, 01:38 PM
  #115
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
On the contrary you have been quite complimentary of people of European descent i.e. Canadians.


My point of this thread is the CANADIAN style of hockey is best played by Canadians...we should have more of them...dont cha think?



i didnt bash euros in anyway, you guys jumped the guns making this into a gong show





NativeHockey77* is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:40 PM
  #116
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
ok whos the best player ever in the NHL? whats his nationality?


What nationality is the most captains who won the cup since Eurpeans came?



im not bashin euros, im jus relaying facts buddy
Didnt they say he was Russian? or wait...TSN said it was a Swede.


Moot point. Euros have only been widely captaining teams since the past 10 or so seasons...it has no baring on the captain, but moreso the team.

These are not facts, they are strawman arguments

 
Old
06-13-2008, 01:40 PM
  #117
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
ok whos the best player ever in the NHL? whats his nationality?


What nationality is the most captains who won the cup since Eurpeans came?



im not bashin euros, im jus relaying facts buddy
To your first question...did that guy really play a CANADIAN GAME or did someone else do it for him?

To your second question...tells me that nationality produces more captains, doesn't tell me anything about STYLE

I'm not bashing you just answering your questions.

Artie is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:41 PM
  #118
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
But were talking NHL hockey here.

and like I stated before, the Canadian Hockey Style is a dated term.

Them Russians were playing a heluva canadian style in Quebec.

The fact of the matter is that physical play is not longer our country's staple. We win championships because we breed better players...not better styles.

Heck, a lot of our new starts are superb finesse players (think Toews, Gagne, Staal(s) )...the gritty aspect you're looking for in no longer coming from only canadian players.


Canada is best in terms of skill...AND STYLE



let me explain...


Canadas style is finnese, rough, tough, skilled, in your face hockey...


dont kid yourself or be honest to awknowledge we are the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
To your first question...did that guy really play a CANADIAN GAME or did someone else do it for him?

To your second question...tells me that nationality produces more captains, doesn't tell me anything about STYLE

I'm not bashing you just answering your questions.
Canadian players have the HEART for the Canadian game, cuz the NHL and the Stanley Cup culture has been with us for longer than anymore and it means more to Canadians than any other Nation


Who wants to win the cup more? a Canadian?


You think there is 1 Canadian kid who grew up hoping to win a championship in Europe over the Stanley Cup?


Not every Euro hockey player has the dream to WIN the Stanley Cup, so naturally Canada has better fitting captains, cuz we want the cup more....



cant deny that my brothers


Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-13-2008 at 02:08 PM.
NativeHockey77* is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:46 PM
  #119
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
Canada is best in terms of skill...AND STYLE



let me explain...


Canadas style is finnese, rough, tough, skilled, in your face hockey...


dont kid yourself or be honest to awknowledge we are the best
The americans play the same way...

So do the russians...

So do the Finns...


I dont doubt Canada's prominence on the international stage.

Where we win championship's is at our depth. More talent distributed through 4 lines.
Remember Nagano when we tried that grit and in your face approach...

 
Old
06-13-2008, 01:47 PM
  #120
Istvan
Registered User
 
Istvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
Canadian players have the HEART for the Canadian game, cuz the NHL and the Stanley Cup culture has been with us for longer than anymore and it means more to Canadians than any other Nation


Who wants to win the cup more? a Canadian?


You think there is 1 Canadian kid who grew up hoping to win a championship in Europe over the Stanley Cup?


Not every Euro hockey player has the dream to WIN the Stanley Cup, so naturally Canada has better fitting captains, cuz we want the cup more....



cant deny that my brothers
Change the sport to soccer and the answer is yes.

Istvan is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:48 PM
  #121
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
The americans play the same way...

So do the russians...

So do the Finns...


I dont doubt Canada's prominence on the international stage.

Where we win championship's is at our depth. More talent distributed through 4 lines.
Remember Nagano when we tried that grit and in your face approach...
The Russians and the Finns as physical and skilled as team canada?



Remember the past 4 WJC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
Change the sport to soccer and the answer is yes.
but we talkin bout HOCKEY


how many Canadian kids grow up wantin to win a HOCKEY championship in Europe?


if there is any, they from Alberta jk


But seriously, Canadians wanna win the Stanley cup more than any other...so naturally we are better fitting captains...


Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-13-2008 at 02:11 PM.
NativeHockey77* is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:51 PM
  #122
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
The Russians and the Finns as physical and skilled as team canada?



Remember the past 4 WJC?
The world juniors are not an accurate gauge to mesure a team's international status.


All it tell us is that we have a better development system.

If you look at european CHL'ers playing in the worlds, they stick out like a sore thumb by the way they play.

 
Old
06-13-2008, 01:52 PM
  #123
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
The world juniors are not an accurate gauge to mesure a team's international status.


All it tell us is that we have a better development system.

If you look at european CHL'ers playing in the worlds, they stick out like a sore thumb by the way they play.
just like Steven Crosby when he played in the CHL?



what nationality is he again?





NativeHockey77* is offline  
Old
06-13-2008, 01:52 PM
  #124
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussin View Post
but we talkin bout HOCKEY


how many Canadian kids grow up wantin to win a HOCKEY championship in Europe?


if there is any, they from Alberta jk


But seriously, Canadians wanna win the Stanley cup more than any other...so naturally we are better fitting captains...
Logic at its finest!

 
Old
06-13-2008, 01:54 PM
  #125
NativeHockey77*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
this was a great thread untill it was made into a gong show



why cant you guys accept Canadian players are best at playing the Canadian game?

NativeHockey77* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.