HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Niklas Hagman

Old
06-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Mx

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mx
Niklas Hagman

Has anyone heard anything regarding Niklas Hagman? He's currently a UFA and I think Dallas is already cutting the cap close to secure him after how productive he was last season.

Mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 01:58 AM
SkullSplitter

I think a lot of teams will see him and Miettinen as cheap options compared to the Huseliuses, Prospals, and Malones of the world, and inevitably drive up their prices.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Blank

Hagman might make a good winger for the twins in vancouver and leave them with enough cap space to make a run for some other UFAs..

Dunno how he'd play rw.. And he should be a right hand shot to really fit in, but it might be an option.

Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 09:20 AM
TasteofFlames

Hagman has to learn to hit the net from 10 feet in. I can't count the number of times I saw him miss wide in the POs this year. Seemed like every break-away was into the boards. Antti is just not that great of a player; his development has stagnated terribly. A change of scenery may do him good, but Dallas should walk away from both of those guys (imo)

TasteofFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
Hagman has to learn to hit the net from 10 feet in. I can't count the number of times I saw him miss wide in the POs this year. Seemed like every break-away was into the boards. Antti is just not that great of a player; his development has stagnated terribly. A change of scenery may do him good, but Dallas should walk away from both of those guys (imo)
Yeah, Hag has that problem, but he's gotten a lot better at hitting the net, since he went to Dallas. In Florida, he had many chances due to his speed, but consitently shot for the nets above the glass.

I think a few teams could use him for his speed and tenacity, he just has to keep working on that shot of his.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 12:22 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Just FYI, Hagman's shooting percentage was 15.2% last year, which is well above-average. That makes his comparables in that stat people like Prospal, Kovalev, Gaborik, Vanek, Langkow etc.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2008, 11:56 PM
________

Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
He went back to hands of stone in the playoffs after the great season(by his standards).
I wouldn't mind if Dallas kept Hagman for $2 million, but anything more I wouldn't want him back.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 12:02 AM
SP

How much do you think he'd demand? I love this guy, and would kill to have him in a Senators uniform.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Mx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
He went back to hands of stone in the playoffs after the great season(by his standards).
I wouldn't mind if Dallas kept Hagman for $2 million, but anything more I wouldn't want him back.
I'm actually a big Hagman fan. He didn't exactly impress in the playoffs, but I don't think he was really given the opportunity to shine considering the line(s) he was playing on and the minutes he was getting. The Stars fan in me wants to see him in a Stars uniform next year and the Hagman fan in me wouldn't mind seeing him go to a team that would put him on better lines and truly utilize him.

I think after last season, he could easily command a $2-$5 million contract.

Old
06-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Someone will throw $3M at Hagman.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 12:20 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectraljulian View Post
I think a lot of teams will see him and Miettinen as cheap options compared to the Huseliuses, Prospals, and Malones of the world, and inevitably drive up their prices.
Id like Miettinen on the Rangers. He can be a mentor to korpikoski who is also finish. Miettinen is a solid player.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Mx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Id like Miettinen on the Rangers. He can be a mentor to korpikoski who is also finish. Miettinen is a solid player.
Meh...Miettinen is great in theory...not so much in practice. Too bad he's not just a little bit better because Dallas probably could have sent him to Tampa Bay instead of Jokinen during the Richards trade.

Old
06-14-2008, 08:18 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Someone will throw $3M at Hagman.
I would. On a two or three year deal, anyway.

06-14-2008, 08:24 PM
State of Hockey

Hagman should get a nice payday, probably between 3-4 million. I'd love for the Wild to sign him. He would really shore up the 3rd line LW. He can be used in all situations too.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Ike Thermite

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Just FYI, Hagman's shooting percentage was 15.2% last year, which is well above-average. That makes his comparables in that stat people like Prospal, Kovalev, Gaborik, Vanek, Langkow etc.
The criticism being made is that the percentage of his shots that hit the net are low, not the percentage of his shots on goal that actually go in.

Ike Thermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 12:10 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig4 View Post
The criticism being made is that the percentage of his shots that hit the net are low, not the percentage of his shots on goal that actually go in.
That's also not an accurate criticism. His 5-on-5 shooting percentage last year including missed shots (not on goal) was 11.1%, once again above average. Comparables here include Iginla, Hejduk, Roy, Erat, etc. And that doesn't factor in shorthanded where he's also a threat to score.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx View Post
I'm actually a big Hagman fan. He didn't exactly impress in the playoffs, but I don't think he was really given the opportunity to shine considering the line(s) he was playing on and the minutes he was getting. The Stars fan in me wants to see him in a Stars uniform next year and the Hagman fan in me wouldn't mind seeing him go to a team that would put him on better lines and truly utilize him.

I think after last season, he could easily command a $2-$5 million contract.
I'm sorry, I like Hagman as much as the next guy but $5 million would be a huge overpayment. I could see $2 or $3 million, but over $4 million is starting to stretch it let along $5 million. He's a great third line guy, but I just don't see him as a legitimate top six forward.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 02:40 AM
Mx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
I'm sorry, I like Hagman as much as the next guy but $5 million would be a huge overpayment. I could see $2 or $3 million, but over $4 million is starting to stretch it let along $5 million. He's a great third line guy, but I just don't see him as a legitimate top six forward.
You might be surprised...but you're probably right. I guess I got a little carried away there. What I should have said was $2-5 BAJILLION.

Old
06-15-2008, 12:07 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I'd be suprised if a team went quite as high as four million. Even on a one or two year deal, (which I doubt he wants, anyway). I'm thinking around ten million over three years.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Lunatik*

I have Hagman pegged around 3.5 million per for 3-4 years... I would take him on the Flames as we could really use a solid 2nd line LW

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I have Hagman pegged around 3.5 million per for 3-4 years... I would take him on the Flames as we could really use a solid 2nd line LW

3.5 Million? Are you joking.

If you want the Flames for that much, then go ahead and take him.

He had a great season for us and would love to have him back but not at the expense of 3.5 million.

2.5 would be as high as I would go with Hags and even that is a little high.

The problem with Hagman is that (well despite not even showing up for the playoffs) he creates everything on his own and doesn't need anyone around him. Why is that a problem you ask? I can't tell you how many times in the playoffs, he thought he could go in and score on his own when had he passed (which he NEVER does) the guy on his line would've been right there for the easy goal.

I enjoyed him on our team, and thank Florida for him as we gave up absolutely nothing. But I'm not willing to go high jolly on him when he probably won't touch our top two lines this year.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
I agree with the $$$ amount. He has been a decent player throughout his career but this is the year he really stepped it up. You can argue last year when he scored 17 goals and that was his emerging year but we all know this year was it. 2 good years out of 5 gets you a mid level offer of probably around 2.5 - 3 mil per year. If i were him i would sign a 2 year deal and then if he still produces then he will get in the range of 5 mil or higher based off performance. I really wish Dallas could sign him because he has proved himself to us and he deserves to be here during a great time in Dallas hockey. If he is not able to be here next year i hope he can go to a team with top notch scoring that would give him the chance to get the ice time and to produce. A team like Detroit, Ottawa, Pitt (Hagman would be a cheaper alternative to Malone if he doesnt re-sign) could use someone like Hagman.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Well.....he's sold his house and has told Dallas he will be looking for a new team, according to a Finnish Newspaper.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukboy8 View Post
Yeah, Hag has that problem, but he's gotten a lot better at hitting the net, since he went to Dallas. In Florida, he had many chances due to his speed, but consitently shot for the nets above the glass.

I think a few teams could use him for his speed and tenacity, he just has to keep working on that shot of his.
He has the same problem. He might have had a breakout season statistically, but in the playoffs he had so many oppurtunities/break aways that he could not finish. If he fixed that part of his game, he might be a good second liner in my opinion.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
3.5 Million? Are you joking.

If you want the Flames for that much, then go ahead and take him.

He had a great season for us and would love to have him back but not at the expense of 3.5 million.

2.5 would be as high as I would go with Hags and even that is a little high.

The problem with Hagman is that (well despite not even showing up for the playoffs) he creates everything on his own and doesn't need anyone around him. Why is that a problem you ask? I can't tell you how many times in the playoffs, he thought he could go in and score on his own when had he passed (which he NEVER does) the guy on his line would've been right there for the easy goal.

I enjoyed him on our team, and thank Florida for him as we gave up absolutely nothing. But I'm not willing to go high jolly on him when he probably won't touch our top two lines this year.
the Flames will need a guy that can score alone since we have no scoring on our 2nd line at all ... but realistically Hagman will see 3-3.5 on the open market... such is the problem in weak UFA years... and considering the Flames need 2 wingers for their 2nd line and dont have a boatload of cap space... i think you will see Sutter make pitches for guys like Hagman and Ryder

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote