HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gonchar/Berard & our Power Play

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2004, 11:03 AM

vCash: 500
Gonchar/Berard & our Power Play

Any success we've had this year was directly related to our PP, when we were winning our PP was one of the hottest in the league, and that's the key to making the playoffs, right now Buffalo is the hottest team in the east, and guess what...they have the hottest PP in the league, so it's no coincidence that our bad play of late has been a direct result of our poor play on the PP, I think BG knows this, and if he decides to move, it would be to shore up this need, that's why I wouldn't be surprised to see Sergei Gonchar or Bryan Berard traded for, whether or not it's a good move, who knows, but our PP has to get better for us to have a chance...

Old
02-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Any success we've had this year was directly related to our PP, when we were winning our PP was one of the hottest in the league, and that's the key to making the playoffs, right now Buffalo is the hottest team in the east, and guess what...they have the hottest PP in the league, so it's no coincidence that our bad play of late has been a direct result of our poor play on the PP, I think BG knows this, and if he decides to move, it would be to shore up this need, that's why I wouldn't be surprised to see Sergei Gonchar or Bryan Berard traded for, whether or not it's a good move, who knows, but our PP has to get better for us to have a chance...
I agree with you...I hope Montreal lands Gonchar Lang and A. Carter!
I doubt it but it would be nice.

Old
02-18-2004, 11:51 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
I agree with you...I hope Montreal lands Gonchar Lang and A. Carter!
I doubt it but it would be nice.
Me too I am waiting for Gainey to announce the arrival of Gonchar, our PP sucks right now!

Old
02-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Darz

I wouldn't mind seeing us land Gonchar but I guarentte we would have to overpay to get his services. I don't want to see Gainey end up in a bidding war with Toronto and/or Colorado and/or the other bunch of teams that are bidding for his services.

Old
02-18-2004, 12:52 PM
BruinsGirl

As a Bruins fan I would say Berard is responsible for as many shorthanded goals against the B's as PP goals scored by B's. You don't want him. I am glad we didn't sign him. If Souray is only temporarily out that it's better to wait for his return than sign Bryan.(nothing personal against him, respect him as a person)

He has something like 28 points in 30+ games but Hawks fans want to trade him as soon as possible.

Closed Thread