HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Kazakhstan

Dissapointing U-18's

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2011, 01:17 PM
  #1
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,081
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Dissapointing U-18's

Belarus loses to Slovenia then France, and Denmark in the Finals.. Quite a disappointing tournament for them. I thought hockey was on the rise in Belarus, when will we see the next generation of young stars from Belarus (maybe from a spin-off effect of the KHL, increasing popularity of hockey)... Or when can we see them return to the top division in U20 and U18?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:13 PM
  #2
Grabovski
Грабовский правил
 
Grabovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gomel, Belarus
Country: Belarus
Posts: 3,963
vCash: 500
Its a shame really. I thought they iced a good team but I guess I was wrong. Hockey is on the rise in Belarus but I think this year was just not there year. I suspect them to make an impact in a couple of years on the junior level.

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 06:06 AM
  #3
Garl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
Its a shame really. I thought they iced a good team but I guess I was wrong. Hockey is on the rise in Belarus but I think this year was just not there year. I suspect them to make an impact in a couple of years on the junior level.
What makes you think so? Yes they have state help but where are the results? Last decent player they produced is Sergey Kostytsyn who is 24 now.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 08:56 PM
  #4
Grabovski
Грабовский правил
 
Grabovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gomel, Belarus
Country: Belarus
Posts: 3,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
What makes you think so? Yes they have state help but where are the results? Last decent player they produced is Sergey Kostytsyn who is 24 now.
Well considering the President is a huge hockey fan, the government is building more than 30 arenas around the country with a brand new Minsk-Arena that recently opened that fits 15,000+ people to prepare for the 2014 WHC held in Belarus. Plus the president, Alexander Lukashenko has said he wants to make junior hockey more popular ect. And plus hockey has grown to be most popular sport in Belarus, and Dinamo Minsk being one of the most money making teams in the KHL.

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 12:44 PM
  #5
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
Well considering the President is a huge hockey fan, the government is building more than 30 arenas around the country with a brand new Minsk-Arena that recently opened that fits 15,000+ people to prepare for the 2014 WHC held in Belarus. Plus the president, Alexander Lukashenko has said he wants to make junior hockey more popular ect. And plus hockey has grown to be most popular sport in Belarus, and Dinamo Minsk being one of the most money making teams in the KHL.
And yet... Latvia has better quality 1994, 1995 and 1996 born players, I don't know how it looks further, with 1997 borns etc.
The probem in Belarus is that they haven't good good coaching... you can build as many arenas as you want but if there are no quality coaches.....

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.