Eastern Europe Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Kazakhstan

Dissapointing U-18's

Old
04-18-2011, 01:17 PM
malkinfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Dissapointing U-18's

Belarus loses to Slovenia then France, and Denmark in the Finals.. Quite a disappointing tournament for them. I thought hockey was on the rise in Belarus, when will we see the next generation of young stars from Belarus (maybe from a spin-off effect of the KHL, increasing popularity of hockey)... Or when can we see them return to the top division in U20 and U18?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

Its a shame really. I thought they iced a good team but I guess I was wrong. Hockey is on the rise in Belarus but I think this year was just not there year. I suspect them to make an impact in a couple of years on the junior level.

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 06:06 AM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
Its a shame really. I thought they iced a good team but I guess I was wrong. Hockey is on the rise in Belarus but I think this year was just not there year. I suspect them to make an impact in a couple of years on the junior level.
What makes you think so? Yes they have state help but where are the results? Last decent player they produced is Sergey Kostytsyn who is 24 now.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
What makes you think so? Yes they have state help but where are the results? Last decent player they produced is Sergey Kostytsyn who is 24 now.
Well considering the President is a huge hockey fan, the government is building more than 30 arenas around the country with a brand new Minsk-Arena that recently opened that fits 15,000+ people to prepare for the 2014 WHC held in Belarus. Plus the president, Alexander Lukashenko has said he wants to make junior hockey more popular ect. And plus hockey has grown to be most popular sport in Belarus, and Dinamo Minsk being one of the most money making teams in the KHL.

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
Well considering the President is a huge hockey fan, the government is building more than 30 arenas around the country with a brand new Minsk-Arena that recently opened that fits 15,000+ people to prepare for the 2014 WHC held in Belarus. Plus the president, Alexander Lukashenko has said he wants to make junior hockey more popular ect. And plus hockey has grown to be most popular sport in Belarus, and Dinamo Minsk being one of the most money making teams in the KHL.
And yet... Latvia has better quality 1994, 1995 and 1996 born players, I don't know how it looks further, with 1997 borns etc.
The probem in Belarus is that they haven't good good coaching... you can build as many arenas as you want but if there are no quality coaches.....

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote