HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To My Brothers & Sisters Who Lost Loved Ones

Old
09-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

vCash: 500
To My Brothers & Sisters Who Lost Loved Ones

This horrible day 7 years ago....

My thoughts & prayers are with you always.

Dave

Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 10:58 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

May they r.i.p...

Can't believe its 7 years already.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 11:36 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Very sad day!

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

R.I.P

gone but NEVER forgotten

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 12:33 PM
rangerjoe

My sentiments exactly...

rangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Yes 7 years fly by real quick.

It seems like my 6th day on the job working for the NYC Subway system known as the MTA was just yesterday.

7 years ago today, I wanted to quit my new job and go back to Chelsea Piers cutting the ice on a Zamboni.

Boy was that a crazy day being at the Brooklyn bridge station on the 6 line as the 2nd tower was hit. I couldn't see anything but boy did I have chaos getting onto my train as I awaited departure.

People screaming, crying, pushing and shoving.

I'd get into details, but eh...I gotta get to PT.

May they all RIP...definitely a sad sad day.

-Brian

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 02:13 PM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
As an American, a native New Yorker and an employee of American Airlines there simply aren't words to describe the feelings that ran through me on that day.

The shock, the anger,the utter disbelief at what I was seeing still resonates as clearly today as it did seven years ago.

That My airline would be used as a weapon against my city, my country was a feeling I never want to experience again.

Then later finding out two guys I went to high school with were lost with FDNY at Ground Zero just hammered it home all over again.

Take a moment to remember all who had their lives stolen from them on this day seven years ago.

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Ola

r.i.p.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Cherepanisimov

one of the most disturbing things i ever saw was a picture at the fdny 9/11 exhibit. the tip of the plane was just hitting the 2nd tower. i felt like puking.

you will never be forgotten. RIP

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
The Thomas J.*

No matter how much time has pst this day doesn't gets easier.
Never forget.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 03:51 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
never forget. my prayers are with alll the families, it never gets any easier, and its shocking to see how much people have forgotten about this horrible day

trueblue9441 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:02 PM
pattyb91

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
stuff like this puts things in perspective. We all love hockey but theyre are many things alot more important. for this day im not a Ranger hater. It really shows you how special life is. 9/11 NEVER FORGET. god bless

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:08 PM
RedLightDistrict

It blows my mind that my hometown of Croton was the only community in Westchester County that did not lose a single resident that day, despite the fact that a huge portion of the town's population worked in the towers/lower Manhattan. RIP

On a side note, Emerson College is hosting a vigil on the Boston Common here in Beantown tonight. Anyone is welcome to attend the event from 7:30-8:30

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:43 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

as we remember those who were lost in this savage attack and also pray for those who lost loved ones, co workers and friends, let us all not forget for one second that we were attacked 7 years ago today.

as our sadness turns to anger, we must always be aware of those who would like to kill us and we must remain steadfast in our fight against evil.

god bless america.

semper fi

Last edited by offdacrossbar: 09-11-2008 at 04:50 PM.
offdacrossbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Your side...

My side...

Whatever your side - humanity lost out that day and no plaque, no war, no revenge will ever bring back what was lost. Go forward in your life and treat everyone with the respect they give you, honor the fallen by rising above the depravity of mankind.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
HERE are some pictures from the subway station at Courtland St. IRT number 1 train.

The whole station was damaged beyond belief and it shows you just how easily those pillars from the WTC can pierce right through the tunnel walls. Make sure you check all of them out.

Thankfully, no one was hurt because we recieved a radio call after the first plane hit for "all trains in the system, stop and stay" which no one has ever heard before. So we knew something was up.

Not to take away from every hero that put themselves at risk, but we recieved no thanks because of the magnitude of what had happened.

Everyone on board a train got back safe and sound. Trains were turned around, trains were evacuated to the roadbed or to the tracks around 3rd rail power, etc. No one got hurt on our clock.

Then, trains were constantly bombarded with anthrax threats on a daily basis for the next 2 years after. Mostly scares...nothing more.

I'm over it, lol I'm just saying, goes to show you how they treat us. Not even a thank you.

Anyhow, after they cleaned up Courtland St and trains were finally allowed to pass thru the station...we had to bypass it. Not stopping there until the station was finally finished.

There was a gaping hole in the wall that overlooked ground zero and I would ride the bypassed station with my head slightly out the window. The smell...was awful. I cannot even begin to explain it. And the creepy feeling you get when you rode thru there is definitely the feeling of death around you. That's kind of what it smelled like too...

Anyhow, here ya go.

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/stations?6:1058

God Bless.

-Brian

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 09:05 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Your side...

My side...

Whatever your side - humanity lost out that day and no plaque, no war, no revenge will ever bring back what was lost. Go forward in your life and treat everyone with the respect they give you, honor the fallen by rising above the depravity of mankind.
Great post.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 09:23 PM
JacketsIslesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
HERE are some pictures from the subway station at Courtland St. IRT number 1 train.

The whole station was damaged beyond belief and it shows you just how easily those pillars from the WTC can pierce right through the tunnel walls. Make sure you check all of them out.

Thankfully, no one was hurt because we recieved a radio call after the first plane hit for "all trains in the system, stop and stay" which no one has ever heard before. So we knew something was up.

Not to take away from every hero that put themselves at risk, but we recieved no thanks because of the magnitude of what had happened.

Everyone on board a train got back safe and sound. Trains were turned around, trains were evacuated to the roadbed or to the tracks around 3rd rail power, etc. No one got hurt on our clock.

Then, trains were constantly bombarded with anthrax threats on a daily basis for the next 2 years after. Mostly scares...nothing more.

I'm over it, lol I'm just saying, goes to show you how they treat us. Not even a thank you.

Anyhow, after they cleaned up Courtland St and trains were finally allowed to pass thru the station...we had to bypass it. Not stopping there until the station was finally finished.

There was a gaping hole in the wall that overlooked ground zero and I would ride the bypassed station with my head slightly out the window. The smell...was awful. I cannot even begin to explain it. And the creepy feeling you get when you rode thru there is definitely the feeling of death around you. That's kind of what it smelled like too...

Anyhow, here ya go.

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/stations?6:1058

God Bless.

-Brian
I was just in NY in March for the second time in my life. The first time was when I was 12. When I was just there, my friend and I were on the 1 train (not knowing anything about it). The train slowed down close to the Cortland St stop and you could see rays of light coming through the walls, which we obviously thought was strange. It finally occurred to my friend that we must be going under where the WTC used to be and that was where they had rebuilt the subway walls. It was the most eerie feeling in the world and really made us think about the gravity of what happened.

The first time I was in NY, we went to the top of one of the towers. I remember it well because you had to pay to get in and the person taking the money got in an argument with my dad because he didn't believe I was really 12 years old. He thought we were trying to skimp on paying. Now when I think about it, I wonder if that man still worked there on 9/11. I'm very grateful that I did get to see it because it was a spectacular place.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the people who lost their lives that day.

JacketsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2008, 09:28 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
7 years... but the memory will never really fade, nor should it I suppose. Like those who lived during Pearl Harbor, the date will be burned into memory for the rest of our lives.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

R.I.P Will never be forgotten

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Your side...

My side...

You are a philosophizer.....

Truly great words.....

LR

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Pizza

A sad day yes, but no day I can think of makes me prouder of America and Americans.

To all the brave souls we lost then and since, R.I.P.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote