HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

A Different Kind Of Rant.

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2004, 04:56 PM
TwineSniper

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
A Different Kind Of Rant.

Okay, Enough is Enough, I have held my tongue for too long.

This has got to stop. These stupid negative posts that keep popping up whenever we lose are becoming ridiculous.

May I remind you, at the beginning of the year, the majority of the members on here anticipated a below 500 season out of the Canadiens, the majority planning on them finishing no higher the 13th in the East. We were hearing cries of "Here comes Ovechkin, etc, etc...

But here we are, with around 20 games remaining in the season, and we are in the thick of the playoffs.

But, these posters, and they always seem to have under 300 (sometimes they have more) posts, are calling for player's, coaches, GM's head, when we lose a game, or god forbid, 2 or 3.

Well, Newsflash, this is what the NHL is about, you win some, you lose some. If you expect perfection night in and night out, you need a serious dose of REALITY!

What would it take? a perfect 82-0-0-0 season, for people to finally shut up?

Our players are human, just like we all are. They are not superheroes! They are prone to mistakes, just like we all are. But, yet, you feel the need to condemn them.

Well, Listen up! This *****ing and moaning is doing nothing but hurting this message board, and in the long run, the team itself.

Seeing this board recently, I am surprised that we are not the embarrassment of this whole message board, with these, I can only assume are adolescents, pissing their pants over every little minor (or larger) mistake.

Do you ever wonder why you never see the more level headed, mature posters around much anymore? well, don't fool yourself, IT'S YOUR FAULT!

In closing, GROW UP! and you know who you are that this is addressed to! If you need to piss and moan, take it out on your mommy and daddy, stop wasting all of our time. It will make this place a million times better.

A disgusted Fan.

Last edited by TwineSniper: 02-15-2004 at 05:15 PM.
Old
02-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Alrusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
Okay, Enough is Enough, I have held my tongue for too long.

This has got to stop. These stupid negative posts that keep popping up whenever we lose are becoming ridiculous.

May I remind you, at the beginning of the year, the majority of the members on here anticipated a below 500 season out of the Canadiens, the majority planning on them finishing no higher the 13th in the East. We were hearing cries of "Here comes Ovechkin, etc, etc...

But here we are, with around 20 games remaining in the season, and we are in the thick of the playoffs.

But, these posters, and they always seem to have under 300 (sometimes they have more) posts, are calling for player's, coaches, GM's head, when we lose a game, or god forbid, 2 or 3.

Well, Newsflash, this is what the NHL is about, you win some, you lose some. If you expect perfection night in and night out, you need a serious dose of REALITY!

What would it take? a perfect 82-0-0-0 season, for people to finally shut up?

Our players are human, just like we all are. They are not superheroes! They are prone to mistakes, just like we all are. But, yet, you feel the need to condemn them.

Well, Listen up! This *****ing and moaning is doing nothing but hurting this message board, and in the long run, the team itself.

Seeing this board recently, I am surprised that we are not the embarrassment of this whole message board, with these, I can only assume are adolescents, pissing their pants over every little minor (or larger) mistake.

Do you ever wonder why you never see the more level headed, mature posters around much anymore? well, don't fool yourself, IT'S YOUR FAULT!

In closing, GROW UP! and you know who you are that this is addressed to!

A disgusted Fan.
I can see where you are coming from. I believe in adding comments and trying to see where changes could be made in the future to better a team, but I do agree that the "If they loose one more!" or "That guy should be traded" all the time does make reading posts a little boring. I'd rather see, "I think Kilger would do better as a center" then "Kilger shoud be shot!!"

Anyway, I hope people will think about this .500 win and be happy they are making the play-offs..

Old
02-15-2004, 05:20 PM
BigM1ke

I totally agree with you.

Honestly I'm getting tired of these stupids posts around here and that's why I'm almost never here anymore.. This is getting boring. 5 new trade proposals by day, when we lose 2 or 3 games in a row we ****ing suck and must trade all our deadwood. I remember after having lost 1-0 vs Boston that we weren't able to score "anymore" according to someone here. Damn this is just one game and suddenly we don't have the same team! The team that won almost 8 games in 10 dissapeared in a 1-0 loss to Boston and we suddenly have a big offense problem because of that ONE loss.... Come on.

Same old **** over and over again. People need to grow up a little bit.

Old
02-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
There are so many bandwagoners here that it's no wonder people think Habs fans are the worst in the league. It's always the same people who are are negative. It's time for some people to grow up.

Old
02-15-2004, 05:30 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I'm happy with the team, they are doing better then I expected, and have played much better in their own end and shown way more effort overall then last year, one of the worst seasons I've seen effort wise.

If they don't make the playoffs, it will be a long summer, much much longer if no season last year (and I'm starting to think both sides are stupid and selfish enough to sitout) But the team is headed in the right direction, but it takes time to get things corrected. Over the next five years we should have some very skilled players coming up through the system, along with a solid management group, and some fine veteran players, we should be a much better team for years to come.

Old
02-15-2004, 06:24 PM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke

Honestly I'm getting tired of these stupids posts around here and that's why I'm almost never here anymore.. This is getting boring. 5 new trade proposals by day, when we lose 2 or 3 games in a row we ****ing suck and must trade all our deadwood. I remember after having lost 1-0 vs Boston that we weren't able to score "anymore" according to someone here. Damn this is just one game and suddenly we don't have the same team! The team that won almost 8 games in 10 dissapeared in a 1-0 loss to Boston and we suddenly have a big offense problem because of that ONE loss.... Come on.

Whether win or lose I think most of us can agree that the deadwood should. Who the deadwood players are however is up for discusion. But, you, along with everyone else here in this thread, raise good points. Sort of like you, i dont come here that often but when i do i dont usually bother reading most of the threads unless there is actual news. The people here are for the most part totally unrealistic and I couldnt be happier that all of these people arent the gm. And the worst is the boston and leafs games. Im not saying the habs fans are innocent cause they arent but its totally ridiculous for those games.

Old
02-15-2004, 06:30 PM
obcd1

Good post I agree with you on all points, so far the Habs are doing way better than I expected and we will only get better from years to years with all these good prospects.

Old
02-15-2004, 06:37 PM
SHUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud The Spud
There are so many bandwagoners here that it's no wonder people think Habs fans are the worst in the league. It's always the same people who are are negative. It's time for some people to grow up.
I can't ride in the little bandwagon,
There's that many people, the seats are sagin.
It's time for some people to become true fans,
or You can go cheer for the leafs as fast as you can.

Whenever they win or whenever they loose,
The habs have some fans, but some haven't a clue.
They come on here saying get "get rid of Zed"
But what some people really need is a smack in the head.

Lets all get along through the thick or thin,
The reality is we can't always win.
So what is the moral of this story some may ask?
Well it is cheer for your team or get a boot in the A$$

Man, I'm a poet and didn't know it

Old
02-15-2004, 06:48 PM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUDO

Thats all that has to be said

Old
02-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Orange

Quote:
I've been taking note of these "negative poster" and as it turn out, they are quite the different crowd from the posters on a winning night. My solution ; I don't come on a night of a hab's loss anymore. Brings the worst kind of fan out of their lair.

Old
02-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke

The ignore list is a great way to eliminate some of those 'stupid' members and those you just don't like . I use it everyday :p

Old
02-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Necrophile

A Different Kind of Approach to a Different Kind of Rant

In all seriousness, and for the purposes of debating this issue, let's compare this board (Habs' forum) to an NHL team.

The board is composed of posters, who fill the board with posts, much like an NHL team, filled with hockey players who play hockey.

Some posters are new here and have little experience posting. I would compare them to rookies on an NHL team. Most posters come from inferior quality sites and boards, much like rookies come to an NHL team from lower-level leagues of hockey and have less experience than the seasoned NHL veterans.

On this board, the "veteran" posters contribute with wisdom, knowledge, rational thought. They also are here to show the "rookie" posters the right way to post, and are quick to point out any flaws in rookies' posts. Much like NHL vets lead by example on and off the ice, and partake of their wisdom and experience with the rookie players.

On this board, there is a perpetual change in the "roster" of active posters, much like an NHL team acquires and loses players with time.

So, with this in mind, I say to you: Do not despair.

You are frustrated by the "bandwagonnism" and other evil ways of the newer posters around this board. Much like NHL vets have to deal with rookies' immaturity and rookie mistakes. But alas, you - veteran posters of this board - are here to show the young ones the right path.

These rookie posters will in turn lend a helping hand in the future in showing other young posters the right path, but only once you have done the same with them.

Personal path to HFBoards poster

I personally began posting replies on RDS.ca's articles concerning the NHL, and mostly the Habs. Hindsight tells me I was not a very well informed poster back in those days. I was perhaps influenced too much by the various stupidities spewed forth by those around me (RDS itself being one of them).

Then a kind and enlightened soul showed me the path... to CHfans.com. I found this site to be an upgrade to that of RDS. Suddenly I found myself surrounded by higher quality posters, and it took me some time to adapt to this new, and better environment.

Then one day, I realized just how bright the Habs' future was. And I wandered off, in search of a site which would quench my thirst for info concerning the Habs' and the Habs' future. HFBoards was found! I was saved! The improvement of the quality of the posters was so great, that I found myself doing much more reading and assimilation of information than posting in my humble beginnings.

I found myself reconsidering some of my hockey-related opinions, and felt as though I was in a sort of growing process. I can now say I am a more rational and logical poster than ever before, who brings more to the board than I would have before. It's all thanks to the greater quality of posts and posters on this forum.

This was my path to salvation. I graduated from the minors' (lesser quality sites), and worked my way into a better quality poster here in the big league (HFBoards).

So, I repeat, do not despair. Your wisdom has great influence on some newbies. Your help in guiding them towards the right way is much needed, and once the learning completed, your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you to all the great posters of this board! I salute you.

Last edited by Necrophile: 02-15-2004 at 09:48 PM.
Old
02-15-2004, 09:40 PM
obcd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile

Personal path to HFBoards poster

I personally began posting replies on RDS.ca's articles concerning the NHL, and mostly the Habs. Hindsight tells me I was not a very well informed poster back in those days. I was perhaps influenced too much by the various stupidities spewed forth by those around me (RDS itself being one of them).
RDS boards and espacially RDS forum are the worst place to post

Old
02-15-2004, 10:16 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcd1
RDS boards and espacially RDS forum are the worst place to post
I totally agree... but it seems our board has been taken over by those who are posting at RDS!!! Well they seem to have the same mentality!

Old
02-16-2004, 06:44 AM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHUDO

Very good, This one is the post of the year

Old
02-16-2004, 07:25 AM
Jacques Strappe

Ahh man, I just found this board after toiling on the relentless 'Leaf Loving' HTR site for a few months. Don't tell me this one blows too! Are there moderators to look at the content being posted? It seems very excessive and repetitive. A few quality posts per day is better than an entire load of cr@p anytime. Quality over Quantity they say.

Old
02-16-2004, 08:53 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strappe
Ahh man, I just found this board after toiling on the relentless 'Leaf Loving' HTR site for a few months. Don't tell me this one blows too! Are there moderators to look at the content being posted? It seems very excessive and repetitive. A few quality posts per day is better than an entire load of cr@p anytime. Quality over Quantity they say.
No, this place doesn't blow.....it's still an excellent board. But I long ago adopted the same practice as orange; I stay away from here after a loss or two, or simply make a brief visit to see if the quality posters have added something intelligent. And there are many quality posters. After you're here a while, you'll see. But sometimes these quality people are just overshadowed by the knee-jerk reactions of so many fans who don't understand it's a long season, with many ups and downs. They're not real fans, in my mind. Pay them no heed.

We're in a bit of a slump. Show me a team that hasn't been in a slump this year. We'll get back on track, and be in the playoffs.

Old
02-16-2004, 09:06 AM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
No, this place doesn't blow.....it's still an excellent board. But I long ago adopted the same practice as orange; I stay away from here after a loss or two, or simply make a brief visit to see if the quality posters have added something intelligent. And there are many quality posters. After you're here a while, you'll see. But sometimes these quality people are just overshadowed by the knee-jerk reactions of so many fans who don't understand it's a long season, with many ups and downs. They're not real fans, in my mind. Pay them no heed.

We're in a bit of a slump. Show me a team that hasn't been in a slump this year. We'll get back on track, and be in the playoffs.
Exactly. Even the Red Wings can loose 2 or 3 in a row. And I can bet 100$ that when this happens, there are no "Trade Yzerman" or "Trade Cujo" thread created each times....

Old
02-16-2004, 09:25 AM
GilleZ

Quote:

In closing, GROW UP! and you know who you are that this is addressed to! If you need to piss and moan, take it out on your mommy and daddy, stop wasting all of our time. It will make this place a million times better.

A disgusted Fan.
Come on! Relax, its not that bad. You got to face the fact that this forum is open to every one. From what i have seen, this community is very fun to be part of and very entertaining. Do you want all of us to have the same opinion as you? If your sick of guys who are pissed of about the CH, me I'm tired of guys who are pissed of about the fans. If you are not able to defand your opinion, you should follow your so called hockey expert and leave. I'm a fan of the Habs, I'm pissed when they allow a goal, when they lose, when they make mistakes, when they dont make the playoffs, and I'm happy when they win. If to be a fan of the habs, i must be happy with every decision the team makes, happy after every game they lose, stop hoping for a trade, stop playing GM, stop hating Juneau (hehe), stop showing some emotion, I'll find another sport.

And for the record, alot of younger guys have a better judgment then older. I'll stop there with the young and old thing cause its make me sick, I'm in the 20's but not long ago i was in my teen years, and i cant beleive how many crap we take from know it all babyboomers.

Anyway, that takes alot of load of my chest.

Yo Habs Yo!!

Old
02-16-2004, 12:03 PM
mcphee

[QUOTE=GilleZ]

And for the record, alot of younger guys have a better judgment then older. I'll stop there with the young and old thing cause its make me sick, I'm in the 20's but not long ago i was in my teen years, and i cant beleive how many crap we take from know it all babyboomers.

Y If you don't like Gros Bill, just come out and say so, don't beat around the bush.

Old
02-16-2004, 12:28 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
If you don't like Gros Bill, just come out and say so, don't beat around the bush.
Classic!

Old
02-16-2004, 01:21 PM
8b

The only thing I can say about that is :

1- Don`t blame the younger poster. It is not because you're young that what you write is not good, you have to grow up on your thinking here.

2- If you don't like a particular post or thread, you can do as I do: not read it. If some people don't have the same opinion it is not because they sux, it is because nobody have the same idea and difference is good.

Old
02-16-2004, 01:24 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleZ
Come on! Relax, its not that bad. You got to face the fact that this forum is open to every one. From what i have seen, this community is very fun to be part of and very entertaining. Do you want all of us to have the same opinion as you? If your sick of guys who are pissed of about the CH, me I'm tired of guys who are pissed of about the fans. If you are not able to defand your opinion, you should follow your so called hockey expert and leave. I'm a fan of the Habs, I'm pissed when they allow a goal, when they lose, when they make mistakes, when they dont make the playoffs, and I'm happy when they win. If to be a fan of the habs, i must be happy with every decision the team makes, happy after every game they lose, stop hoping for a trade, stop playing GM, stop hating Juneau (hehe), stop showing some emotion, I'll find another sport.

Anyway, that takes alot of load of my chest.

Yo Habs Yo!!
GilleZ--

You have totally missed the point of what I am trying to say.

I am like you, a twenty-something fan. My argument wasn't about who knows more, old fans or new, because I am pretty confident I know more about the Habs, and hockey in general than most people. But that's beside the point.

My argument also wasn't about being close-minded and only seeing the good, even when the bad happens, I am like knowledgable fan, when something doesn't go right, I am rightfully pissed off.

What I was trying to say was It's fine, if you feel there is a problem within the organization, I have no problem with stating what you feel is wrong, as long as if what you are saying makes sense.

What I don't like, is these posters that the only time they want to post is to ***** about how the whole team isn't good enough to play in th ECHL, or they demand a trade for trades sake. These posters that hold no basis in reality, what they post, the majority of the time is senseless drivel, that are like landmines on this board, and we all get a little dumber having got sucked into reading them.

I'll even give you two glaring examples...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
They just could'nt chock anymore!

Ryder should have stay to the All star game!

Back to 2001-2002!

Gutless ********!

Loser mind!
what an intelligent little gem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go habsgo
i am getting pissed off with bob gainey if he would have wanted to trade he would have done it allready but he will probably do nothing not even march 9 every body is trading except him i guess we are to good obvious lack of offense but i guess only the fans see it al the players available will go elsewhere and we wil say we tried but they were asking to much when you see the other team give peanuts away for the palyer we wil be stuck with what e have yeah
another brillliant one.

These are just the first two I've found, and it's always the same, posters that don't show up until we lose, other than that they keep their mouths shut.

I know it's probably smart to try and avoid these, but it's getting more and more difficult when this type of crap shows up every third post!

Old
02-16-2004, 01:30 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
... If you don't like Gros Bill, just come out and say so, don't beat around the bush.
Cheapshot! Let me state that I am dismayed, nay appalled, at the lack of respect shown to my elders on this board. All of us young guys, and especially you, GilleZ, should remember that guys like McPhee didnít have it easy back then. You try playing hockey on a frozen river, with horse droppings for pucks and phone books for pads. So what if he tends to ramble on incoherently once in a while? Heís entitled to it. All those games at minus 30 degrees froze his brain, all for the love of hockey. We should be proud that an older person like him can still fire up his gas-powered computer and share his wisdom with us.

Speaking of beating a dead horse around the bush, McPhee, is there any truth to the rumor that you would have eaten the pretzel, but that your teeth weren't back from the cleaners yet ?

Old
02-16-2004, 02:31 PM
mcphee

Yeah, that's me, a pionneer. my father actually did use horse droppings as a puck, though I've never been sure whether it was preference or necessity.

Closed Thread