HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pearn Upset With Martin

Old
06-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Slick Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Exactly.

I know, it's pathetic how they will make something out of nothing. Every word you just said is 100% correct.

Pathetic because you don't agree, and 100% correct because you do?

Now that's pathetic.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
Pathetic because you don't agree, and 100% correct because you do?

Now that's pathetic.
No, pathetic because you and other unconditional Martin bashers will make something out of completely nothing just to find another way to bash Martin.

And he's 100% correct because if Pearn being a crybaby and whining to Bouw that Martin is a very bad man is what tips the scales and makes Bouw decide that he doesn't want to stay here, then he really didn't want to be here anyway.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
No, pathetic because you and other unconditional Martin bashers will make something out of completely nothing just to find another way to bash Martin.

And he's 100% correct because if Pearn being a crybaby and whining to Bouw that Martin is a very bad man is what tips the scales and makes Bouw decide that he doesn't want to stay here, then he really didn't want to be here anyway.
Again, that is YOUR opinion, and it doesn't make it correct. MY opinion is that class and professionalism in leadership is essential and in any setting I would not commit my future to an organization led by someone and known for being so unprofessional. The fact that Bouw personally knows Pearn and that Martin personally knows him as well makes me really question his actions even more, because how would Jay not notice this at a time where he has a choice. Again, my opinion has nothing to do with the selection and I agree that Pearn should not have answered to the media about it, and I do agree with the hiring based on the limited knowledge we all have, but I always believe that a person in leadership should handle things with class and our organization has a history of little class from Murray to Dudley to Keenan to Martin, and as I said it is no wonder why we have never ever ever been able to recruit a top free agent to this team. Who wants to play on a perennial loser where people are treated poorly.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Booth10

Quote:
Again, that is YOUR opinion, and it doesn't make it correct. MY opinion is that class and professionalism in leadership is essential and in any setting I would not commit my future to an organization led by someone and known for being so unprofessional. The fact that Bouw personally knows Pearn and that Martin personally knows him as well makes me really question his actions even more, because how would Jay not notice this at a time where he has a choice. Again, my opinion has nothing to do with the selection and I agree that Pearn should not have answered to the media about it, and I do agree with the hiring based on the limited knowledge we all have, but I always believe that a person in leadership should handle things with class and our organization has a history of little class from Murray to Dudley to Keenan to Martin, and as I said it is no wonder why we have never ever ever been able to recruit a top free agent to this team. Who wants to play on a perennial loser where people are treated poorly.

No organization or person can withstand an agenda to nitpick. While the organization was heralded league wide for their class in handling the Zednik incident, you choose to talk about a questionable missed call to try and prove your agenda.

Booth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 09:30 AM
panthertod

I think everyone is making a very big deal out of nothing. Debour was obviously the coach that JM wanted and he realized that if he wanted him then he needed to act quickly. I don't know if you guys have noticed, there are many teams in need of coaches this year that could have snatched him up.

I actually think this is a bad show by Pearn, what position is he in to go to the media and complain. It makes him look like a whiner. Maybe Torts should complain too. Boo hoo, I didn't get interviewed, boo hoo. Is that the strong coach that you want running your team?

panthertod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 10:05 AM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthertod View Post
I think everyone is making a very big deal out of nothing. Debour was obviously the coach that JM wanted and he realized that if he wanted him then he needed to act quickly. I don't know if you guys have noticed, there are many teams in need of coaches this year that could have snatched him up.

I actually think this is a bad show by Pearn, what position is he in to go to the media and complain. It makes him look like a whiner. Maybe Torts should complain too. Boo hoo, I didn't get interviewed, boo hoo. Is that the strong coach that you want running your team?
Its everyone this time of year, they take everything personally and go crazy over stupid things that really don't make it a difference but to them "Our organization can never do anything right". Its like our forum's time of the month.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 05:32 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

I'm not sure why Pearn was upset. After all was said and done, the rumors were true. Martin did what many expected and hired the coach from the Rangers. It just wasn't the coach (or the Rangers) that everyone expected.

Memo to Pearn: Do your career a favor and stop communicating through the press.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
The deal was not finalized until DeBoer put pen to paper at the presser Monday. Up until then, it was only a verbal agreement. JM has no professional obligation there to tell Pearn that he wasn't interested in him anymore. He was simply keeping a backup plan, which is what I'd want my GM to do. He is smart, rational, and definitely professional. I love JM's style, personally I love that laidback, rational, and standoffish personality in a GM. IMO that's the prototype for that position. Maybe on a personal level, he might have some patching up to do with Pearn. Maybe there was something he could have done better, but really, what? I really can't think of anything else he could have done. He was simply covering all his bases. L.A. was scheduled to interview DeBoer over the weekend last week, and it seems like JM didn't want that to happen and wanted to jump on this fast and get him to agree to be the coach on Friday. If that means he couldn't formally let Pearn know that he had indeed finalized a deal with another coach, then so be it. It's what was best for this organization.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
I don't find this as that big of a deal. Looks like Pearn just felt he may have been the front-runner with all his ties to Martin and is just hurt that he not only didn't get the job, but didn't even get interviewed. I mean since Martin was relieved of his head coaching duties, Pearn's name popped up a lot. This may have been his only shot at head coaching at the NHL level (at least this year). If he feels he needs to vent to the press, so be it.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Holy Jokinen

I'll send him a get-well soon card.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 10:53 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I'm not sure why Pearn was upset. After all was said and done, the rumors were true. Martin did what many expected and hired the coach from the Rangers. It just wasn't the coach (or the Rangers) that everyone expected.

Memo to Pearn: Do your career a favor and stop communicating through the press.

Yeah, he's not doing himself any favors making a mountain out of this molehill.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote