HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Here is what I would do ;)

Old
06-17-2008, 11:01 PM
RDriesenUD

vCash: 500
Here is what I would do ;)

To Florida:

#6, Brule, Fritsche/Lindstrom, OKT, 1st next year - might have to take some out and put Klesla in

To Columbus:

Jokinen, Bouwmeester

To Ottawa:

19th, 3rd

To Columbus:

Vermette

Sign Hossa - 5 years for 50 million

a few more moves needed. i honestly think the first 2, or some variation of them, could be done.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 11:04 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

A tweener, a decent prospect, a 3rd pairing defenseman and two first rounders for a franchise center and a franchise defenseman? Why the hell would Florida do that?

The Vermette deal is okay but I think the Sens will want a defenseman.

And I think you're paying about $2M too much per year for Hossa.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Brassard Calder

If Florida trades Jokinen and Bouwmeester they are going to want at least one superstar/elite player and another proven very good player plus the two first rounders in my opinion if not more than that. No way I see Martin trading both of them for that package.

Id love to get them, but I can't see Florida doing that.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 11:07 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Why the hell would Florida do that?
cause both those guys want out. you get 2 first's, potentially (if klesla was involved) 2 guys who were drafted in the first (1 who is a 3/4 dman and the other a forward with potential).

Old
06-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Florida wouldn't do that, it would pretty much ruin their franchise.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 11:17 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Florida wouldn't do that, it would pretty much ruin their franchise.
Jokinen has said he wants traded. and i think Florida will have real trouble trying to keep Bouwmeester.

1st, Klesla, Fritsche for Jokinen

1st, Brule, OKT for Bouwmeester

what would you change with those proposals, if seperated, to make it fair value?

just trying to divert everyone from the Malone stuff. just having some fun. dont take these things seriously.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Well if you take the offer that was rumored for Marleau and add to our side, we could get Jokinen. Bouewmeester is a whole other animal. The names Voracek and/or Brassard would have to be involved if I'm the Florida GM. If you look at it from their side I don't think they're tickled pink at Brule and OKT. Just seeing both sides that's all.

Old
Brassard Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen16 View Post
Jokinen has said he wants traded. and i think Florida will have real trouble trying to keep Bouwmeester.
Yes, but Jokinen is still under contract for two years, and Florida still owns Bouwmeester's rights...he's an RFA. They'd be better off letting someone offer sheet Jay Bo and getting the picks and trading Jokinen separately if they decide to move them at all. The fact is they can want out all they want but they are still under contract right now. There's no way Martin will just ruin the franchise, he needs to get back good value and two firsts and mostly spare parts isn't enough for them. He could get much more by trading each separately.

Old
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:

what would you change with those proposals, if seperated, to make it fair value?
Take out Fritsche, Brlue, and OKT and replace them with hockey players.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 11:26 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Well if you take the offer that was rumored for Marleau and add to our side, we could get Jokinen. Bouewmeester is a whole other animal. The names Voracek and/or Brassard would have to be involved if I'm the Florida GM. If you look at it from their side I don't think they're tickled pink at Brule and OKT. Just seeing both sides that's all.
no doubt. id let someone sign him to a sheet over my offer. just wasting time. board and not wanting to think about some guy.

as for Jokinen, i dont think it would take much more than my offer. they might get more, but i think value wise its close.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:27 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyFan45 View Post
Yes, but Jokinen is still under contract for two years, and Florida still owns Bouwmeester's rights...he's an RFA. They'd be better off letting someone offer sheet Jay Bo and getting the picks and trading Jokinen separately if they decide to move them at all. The fact is they can want out all they want but they are still under contract right now. There's no way Martin will just ruin the franchise, he needs to get back good value and two firsts and mostly spare parts isn't enough for them. He could get much more by trading each separately.
true, but i still think Filatov/Schenn and Klesla is pretty good value for Jokinen. maybe not enough, but i dont think its way off.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:42 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
what about....

6th, Klesla, Brule for Jokinen

Old
06-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

I would do that in a heartbeat. Jokinen is pretty cheap and is a consistent 90 point player. Olli makes 5.25 million next year and 5.5 the following. That's the same money Malone will get, and he's half the player Jokinen is.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
I would do that in a heartbeat. Jokinen is pretty cheap and is a consistent 90 point player. Olli makes 5.25 million next year and 5.5 the following. That's the same money Malone will get, and he's half the player Jokinen is.
I know I would. Scott Howson probably would too. Unless he's hell bent on not getting Jokinen for whatever reason. The problem is Jacque Martin probably wouldn't. I don't think Brule has much value. Klesla has some he's a solid but unspectacular defenseman. The problem with him is he hasn't become an offensive threat and he doesn't hit. I just get the feeling that Martin will want either more picks and a player that is close to elite status. Number one centers don't grow on trees. I'm sure a team like Calgary whose been rumored to be interested in Jokinen could offer up something much more enticing. The offer isn't terrible, I just don't think it would be enough.

Honestly for Jokinen it would likely require throwing Zherdev into a package.

Old
06-18-2008, 12:05 AM
RDriesenUD

I know Calgary is always mentioned when Jokinen's name comes up, but i just dont see how they could do it. Supposedly they just agreed with Langkow on a 4 year, 20 million dollar contract.

08/09 numbers....

Iginla - 7
Tanguay - 5.375
Langkow - 5?
Phaneuf - 7
Regehr - 4.5
Aucoin - 4
Sarich - 3.4
Kiprusoff - 8

i guess they could trade one of those guys (and a few come off the books after next year). but thats a lot of money already. i guess there is room for it though. who could they trade for him?

Old
06-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Brassard Calder

I'm not sure who Calgary would move, they were just an example of a team that's been interested in Jokinen. I don't see Jokinen being traded to Columbus without the 6th overall and Zherdev being involved. Or maybe the 19th, 37th, and Zherdev. The problem with this is we become a one-line team. Of course other moves could be made after but trading Zherdev is something I wouldn't want to do until we know we have signed or traded for other players that can fill his void. I can't see Jacque Martin pulling the trigger for the likes of Brule and Klesla or OKT with a pick.

Old
06-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 50
thank god the draft is only in two days...I can't take much more of these threads

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 12:27 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye19 View Post
thank god the draft is only in two days...I can't take much more of these threads
Oh no, Hawk, you'll get even MORE threads like this with everyone giving their take on next steps based on what we do at the draft.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 12:53 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:

just trying to divert everyone from the Malone stuff. just having some fun. dont take these things seriously.
Florida would trade both separately to maximize value.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 02:06 PM
errey21

How about.....

To Ottawa
Klesla

To Columbus
Vermette
Meszaros

Thinking Meszaros is more offensive oriented than Klesla, but Ottawa would get a dman back which they would want. We can replace Klesla with Methot as far as Im concerned.

We might need to throw in our 2nd or 3rd or maybe another non blue chip prospect. I think the 6 for 18 and Vermette is even, but Meszaros is better than Klesla. But Klesla is a top four and is signed for cheap, cheap, cheap.

errey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
Oh no, Hawk, you'll get even MORE threads like this with everyone giving their take on next steps based on what we do at the draft.
I think we found the next Steven King right here....scared me pantless...that's not to say I wasn't already pantless, but the point stands!

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Skraut

Has the season started yet???

Darn,

Somebody wake me up when September ends...

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote