HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Olli Watch

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2008, 07:08 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I think it's 60/40 that Jokinen is moved tomorrow. I think it's almost 100% that the team and return will match noone's predictions.
I haven't really seen a lot of Jokinen trade proposals by Panther fans. Though I do agree that fans making proposals are usually wrong.

I could see Jokinen going for a first pairing d-man plus top 10 draft pick.

Old
06-19-2008, 07:08 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Erik Johnson?
I don't see St Louis trading him...

Old
06-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats Gambler View Post
And now Vancouver:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/

Under Parkland Pride -- Now With More Olli!
YESSS!!!! We do so well in deals with Vancouver!!!

Old
06-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Johnson is going to be sick for St. Louis - don't see it happening.

Old
06-19-2008, 07:12 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post
wonder what Martin has interest for in St. Louis?
There are lots of good young prospects there. He'd probably be looking at something like one of their prospects. I doubt we'd get Oshie or Berglund but who knows. Perron is good but I don't know how good he actually will be. Knowing Martin, he'll probably be after Lee Stempniak, a prospect, and a pick, which would upset me considering the quality of some of the other offers we've seen.

Old
06-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
YESSS!!!! We do so well in deals with Vancouver!!!
**** man, I thought we just dealt him haha with the whole yess thing and got a massive return.

Old
06-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
There are lots of good young prospects there. He'd probably be looking at something like one of their prospects. I doubt we'd get Oshie or Berglund but who knows. Perron is good but I don't know how good he actually will be. Knowing Martin, he'll probably be after Lee Stempniak, a prospect, and a pick, which would upset me considering the quality of some of the other offers we've seen.
Yeah, I can't see Columbus taking Marleau over Jokinen. I just can't if it happens I'll be shocked.

Old
06-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Olli, Ellerby, Repik, Olesz to Pitts for Malkin!

Not a chance, but I'd LOVE it!

06-19-2008, 07:19 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

My final Jokinen trade prediction is...

Jokinen

To Columbus for

Klesla, 6th overall and the rights to Hainsey.

Old
06-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post

Jokinen

To Columbus for

Ouch, Klesla isn't good haha

Old
06-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:

Jokinen

To Columbus for

I think the Klesla and the 6th very possible. Don't know about the Hainsey part. And I won't like that deal very much.

Old
06-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

Jokinen

To Columbus for

eesh, I hope Martin says no!

Old
06-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Spector is saying that the Isles could be intereseted. Not sure I can think of anyone I'm overly interested in there, though. Maybe Comrie, Huner, or Okposo? But not really...?
I think if the Islanders traded for Olli, the #5 pick would definitely be the centerpiece of the deal. Idk if that is really what's best for the Islanders, though. I don't think it would happen, but it could.

Old
06-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I think if the Islanders traded for Olli, the #5 pick would definitely be the centerpiece of the deal. Idk if that is really what's best for the Islanders, though. I don't think it would happen, but it could.
When's the last time the Isles did something smart for the Isles?

Old
06-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Cats Gambler

Send a message via AIM to Cats Gambler
Quote:
Well, they did get Smyth and made the playoffs that year...

Old
06-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats Gambler View Post
And now Vancouver:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/

Under Parkland Pride -- Now With More Olli!
I just read the article and couldn't help notice a few things. I really think Jokinen will be traded on draft day. But, he definately won't be the only one. A defenseman will also go along with him and possibly someone like Peltonen included too. I come to this conclusion because I read JM is negotiating to resign Cullimore. Why? Remember we didn't have room for Cullimore if we were going to bring in a puck-moving dman in free agency which is what JM said. We have Bouw-Allen-Skrastins-Van Ryn-Welch-Murphy under contract. If JM re-signs Magnus & Cullimore & brings in a puck-moving dman, that's 9 defenseman. Too many, I think. So I am willing to bet he will package 1 possibly 2 if we are trading with LA. Also in the article JM says, "Martin said about those two. "We've had conversations with them. We have to wait and see what happens at the draft, whether we acquire some defense, whether we move some people out. We'll wait until after the draft and re-evaluate where we are on defense.'' Any thoughts?

Last edited by Beezer: 06-19-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post
wonder what Martin has interest for in St. Louis?
I think Eric Brewer and the #4 overall. Then he replaces Jokinen with a UFA forward, and not necessarily a center. Put Weiss, Kreps, and Matthias at center and get a big winger.

St. Louis is stacked on D and needs offense. This fulfills what both teams are looking for(regardless of whether or not you agree with Martin's plan, he has stated that his No.1 priority this summer is to get a top four puck moving defenseman, and he said recently on the Official Site that the UFA crop is weak, and that trading for that d-man is a possibility). I can see the Blues as the most likely team to trade their top 5 pick, they already have very good prospect depth and might want to make a splash next year.

Old
PanthersRule96

Quote:

Jokinen

To Columbus for

Let's hope your predictions are way off then......

Klesla is w/e. He's a good #2 defensman on most teams I guess. I don't really care for him that much. God, if we made that deal, who the **** would replace Jokinen's offense. We HAVE to get a forward back. Martin is "happy with the forwards" but he'd have to be a fool to believe that we don't need to replace Olli's offense. We need Zherdev or something like that......

Old
06-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
LOL, I didn't want to bash them, but you did it for me. No, but really, I think they are far away from the playoffs, and they really need to take the BPA with their pick. Like I said, I don't think they will screw this up, but I can see it possibly happening.

Old
06-19-2008, 08:24 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
I think Eric Brewer and the #4 overall. Then he replaces Jokinen with a UFA forward, and not necessarily a center. Put Weiss, Kreps, and Matthias at center and get a big winger.

St. Louis is stacked on D and needs offense. This fulfills what both teams are looking for(regardless of whether or not you agree with Martin's plan, he has stated that his No.1 priority this summer is to get a top four puck moving defenseman, and he said recently on the Official Site that the UFA crop is weak, and that trading for that d-man is a possibility). I can see the Blues as the most likely team to trade their top 5 pick, they already have very good prospect depth and might want to make a splash next year.
I thought about this to myself....Brewer and the 4th but that would upset me. I don't want Brewer. He's nowhere near as good as he was projected to be as a young prospect. Sure he's a reliable, solid, good defensman but I'll be incredibly pissed off if we don't get any offense back for Olli. WE NEED OFFENSE JM! Surely he doesn't think that our offense could survive without Jokinen. If we picked at 4 we'd have to look at Bogosian, Pietrangelo, Filatov, and Boedker (even if he's a reach at 4). If we don't get enough offense in the Olli trade back, we HAVE to get one of Filatov or Boedker, but if we do, we can go with one of those great defensemen. Also....who knows how Martin feels about the solid 2-way players such as Colin Wilson or Cody Hodgson. I wouldn't be surprised to see him draft them rather than the potentially exciting offensive whizzes in Filatov and Boedker.

Old
06-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:

that makes a LOT of sense, we could even grab Filatov, that would be SICK

Old
06-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
The proposals you've seen are all from fans. Rarely do fans every even get a trade proposal remotely close, so it's probably best that we don't look at the offers we've seen on here as the bar.

Old
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
I thought about this to myself....Brewer and the 4th but that would upset me. I don't want Brewer. He's nowhere near as good as he was projected to be as a young prospect. Sure he's a reliable, solid, good defensman but I'll be incredibly pissed off if we don't get any offense back for Olli. WE NEED OFFENSE JM! Surely he doesn't think that our offense could survive without Jokinen. If we picked at 4 we'd have to look at Bogosian, Pietrangelo, Filatov, and Boedker (even if he's a reach at 4). If we don't get enough offense in the Olli trade back, we HAVE to get one of Filatov or Boedker, but if we do, we can go with one of those great defensemen. Also....who knows how Martin feels about the solid 2-way players such as Colin Wilson or Cody Hodgson. I wouldn't be surprised to see him draft them rather than the potentially exciting offensive whizzes in Filatov and Boedker.
Apparently DeBoer LOVES Boedker, so if DeBoer has any type of impact on who JM picks, I think Boedker could be a shoe in if we do get that St. Louis trade or any pick within that area.

Old
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I just read the article and couldn't help notice a few things. I really think Jokinen will be traded on draft day. But, he definately won't be the only one. A defenseman will also go along with him and possibly someone like Peltonen included too. I come to this conclusion because I read JM is negotiating to resign Cullimore. Why? Remember we didn't have room for Cullimore if we were going to bring in a puck-moving dman in free agency which is what JM said. We have Bouw-Allen-Skrastins-Van Ryn-Welch-Murphy under contract. If he JM re-signs Magnus & Cullimore & brings in a puck-moving dman, that's 9 defenseman. Too many, I think. So I am willing to bet he will package 1 possibly 2 if we are trading with LA. Also in the article JM says, "Martin said about those two. "We've had conversations with them. We have to wait and see what happens at the draft, whether we acquire some defense, whether we move some people out. We'll wait until after the draft and re-evaluate where we are on defense.'' Any thoughts?
This strengthens my argument that a defenseman may be a big part of what is coming back in return for Olli. He says "wait and see what happens at draft, whether we acquire some defense..........we'll wait until after the draft and re-evaluate where we are on defense".

As I've said repeatedly for weeks, I think Murphy is gone at the draft. And I think if JM can deal Ryno in the Olli package, he will.

Old
06-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I'm sure Martin's smart enough to understand that losing Olli's 80 or so points and getting only a defenseman back isn't helping anything. I'm sure that'd mean he has to go after a forward either through another trade or FA, which is more likely. I'll be surprised if we get a defenseman back, though, considering who's out there via FA: Campbell, Redden, Liles, etc.

Closed Thread