HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Naslund on his way out of Vancouver "Money not the important part"

Old
06-18-2008, 12:12 PM
ObnoxiousPensFan*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ObnoxiousPensFan*
i'd like to see him back in pittsburgh again and this time not traded for freakin alec stojanov

ObnoxiousPensFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Orre*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObnoxiousPensFan View Post
i'd like to see him back in pittsburgh again and this time not traded for freakin alec stojanov
one of the worst trades ever

Orre* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Luigi Lemieux

if hossa doesn't sign i would welcome naslund back to pittsburgh at a reasonable price.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeapon View Post
It's no secret that Naslund likes offensive style of hockey, and that he wants to go to a cup contender. Out of my head, these are the hockey places that fits him:

pittsburgh
Capitals
Detroit
Nashville
Colorado

Should be interesting to see
I think you can add the Habs to that list. Personally i don't want him at all but it won't surprise me if Bob makes him an offer if Ryder is gone and if Plan A fails (which is probably Hossa)

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 12:31 PM
SkullSplitter

Naslund on a one year deal playing would be cool.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 12:31 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
Tampa Bay is a possibility. He'd play with Lecavalier and St. Louis, and live on the beach.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 12:36 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

I would like to see Naslund leave Vancouver and I would like to see Vancouver without Naslund. It's time for both to move on.

TravisUlrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 12:44 PM
JerkChicken

I could see Naslund signing with either Ottawa - to play with his buddy Daniel Alfredsson, or with the Wings next season.

I'm not against him re-signing with the Canucks again, but it would have to be at a reduced price ~ and he'd need to take on a secondary scoring role. The 30 + goal, 75 + point Naslund of old won't be returning to Vancouver.

JerkChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Pure West

Naslund is certainly not the player he was in those early 2000's but I do believe he is still capable of playing a key role in the offense. I have heard some say that it was the Steve Moore thing that changed everything but I don't think that is the case at all. He actually played pretty well down the stretch and in the playoffs in 04. The problem has been the combination of his physical decline and inability to find any chemistry with any players on the team. The Canucks haven't had any talented players who can play off the rush with Markus. Not to mention a defensive coach who juggles lines every other game.

If there is a team out there that needs a talented winger to complement a top player (one that can play off the rush) I have no doubt that he'd easily crack 25 goals-65 points.

Pure West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mor View Post
Naslund is certainly not the player he was in those early 2000's but I do believe he is still capable of playing a key role in the offense. I have heard some say that it was the Steve Moore thing that changed everything but I don't think that is the case at all. He actually played pretty well down the stretch and in the playoffs in 04. The problem has been the combination of his physical decline and inability to find any chemistry with any players on the team. The Canucks haven't had any talented players who can play off the rush with Markus. Not to mention a defensive coach who juggles lines every other game.

If there is a team out there that needs a talented winger to complement a top player (one that can play off the rush) I have no doubt that he'd easily crack 25 goals-65 points.
Sounds a lot like the Pens. We have two, arguably three of them if you include Staal. The cost would be the factor. But

Naslund - Crosby -Hossa
Dupuis - Malkin - Sykora

Sounds awfully sweet.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Penner getrdonebryan

Stillman is gone , Vermette will likely be traded , so Naslund could be a possibility for Ottawa.

Penner getrdonebryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:12 PM
eraserhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar View Post
uhh...did you see what the Caps young talent did to Fedorov's boredom and interest?

I would love to fit him into the Caps line-up playing with either Nylander-Semin or Backstrom-Ovechkin, but there is so many bodies and so many new contracts to sign in Washington that I don't think it is even possible.
I was just thinking that the caps would be a very decent fit. I could see it working quite well for all parties.

eraserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:16 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
He will be signing with Ottawa to play with Sundin and Alfredsson next year.
nah hell sign with the rangers cause lundqvist will convince him

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:19 PM
19nazzy

Naslund said this a while ago to Sportsnet. He's getting near the end of his career and he wants to play somewhere where they play offensive hockey. He's been a bit held back over the past couple of seasons. Not to mention playing with a bunch of plugs for 50% of the time. The good thing though is that he has certainly improved his defensive capabilities which was a big knock on him during the WCE era.

Naslund still is a capable producer, he scored 25 goals on a defensive minded team with very unskilled linemates for half the time. Naslund would easily score 30 on a team like Pittsburgh and could probably get somewhere from 35-38 goals. He would be a valuable addition to a team where he could play with skilled linemates.

19nazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
I was just thinking that the caps would be a very decent fit. I could see it working quite well for all parties.
Washington won't have the Cap room, plain and simple.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:43 PM
sticknrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by H382 View Post
I haven't followed Naslund much for a few years. I know he was an absolute force a few years back, but what is his deal now. Is he finished? Is he bored, does he need a change of scenery?
The Moore concussion in 2002 shattered his elbow and since then his primary weapon, his wrist shot, is useless. He's still getting operations to remove bone chips from his elbow now and then.

He plays like Ryan Smyth without the tenacity. His wristshot is weaker and as inaccurate as Chris Gratton. His slapshot is worse than my sisters. He has never scored in the shootout since it was implemented. Why? Because he always attempts some lame deke because he can't wrist it where he wants to anymore.

Contrary to reports from other Canuck fans, he is a good leader and his heart is still in it to compete. But he simply doesn't have the skill to play "his" game anymore. There's a big difference between "won't score" and "can't score"; Naslund is on the "can't score" side.

Last edited by sticknrink: 06-18-2008 at 01:51 PM.
sticknrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Peter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
He doesn't like defensive systems, he needs a free flowing offense. I think the Kings or Preds would be a good fit for him.
I agree. If Pittsburg resigns Hossa and Malone is left to UFA then Naslund could very well be a good top 6 forward replacement...at less money than it would take to resign Malone. By all accounts Malone may command up to 5 million a year (staggering!) while Naslund could very well be had at $3.5 million a year.

Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Malone getting 5 is just wrong, thats 100,000 a point or something.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:55 PM
DJ Spinoza

I've seen some speculation/rumors in the Pittsburgh media that Shero is looking to bring in some veteran UFA(s) on more of a cheaper, one or two year deal scale in order to round out the roster. Naslund could certainly fit that mold.

The prospect of a Naslund-Crosby-Hossa line is ridiculous. I'd crap myself if this happens.

DJ Spinoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:57 PM
sticknrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes Climacus View Post
I've seen some speculation/rumors in the Pittsburgh media that Shero is looking to bring in some veteran UFA(s) on more of a cheaper, one or two year deal scale in order to round out the roster. Naslund could certainly fit that mold.

The prospect of a Naslund-Crosby-Hossa line is ridiculous. I'd crap myself if this happens.
I'm going to feel sorry for Crosby watch him get frustrated as his great feeds are either shot wide or whiffed on.

sticknrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes Climacus View Post

I laugh at you guys. You're becoming like the Leafs. "Everyone will sign here because it's a dream to put on that jersey."

"Everyone will sign here because it's a dream to play in Pittsburgh."

Gimme a break.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Sotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticknrink View Post
I'm going to feel sorry for Crosby watch him get frustrated as his great feeds are either shot wide or whiffed on.
It can't be more frustrating than playing with Dupuis, Recchi or Armstrong .

Sotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
I laugh at you guys. You're becoming like the Leafs. "Everyone will sign here because it's a dream to put on that jersey."

Gimme a break.
players like to play with great players, and the pens will have two of the top centers in the nhl for a long time. it's a winger's dream. last summer come UFA time petr sykora actually called the penguins asking to play for them.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 02:05 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

All of a sudden every player wants to go to pittsburgh...

I think that Nazzy will end up in Colorodo or Detroit

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:

Gimme a break.
Out of curiosity how did you get that from the quote you gave?

All I read his saying was that Shero was looking to add some veteran names if he could.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote