HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Battle Of The Bulge" Habs Board's Fitness and Good Health Competition-PART DEUX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2008, 07:27 AM
  #26
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,640
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by prevail View Post
Dont think so, muscles recover while youre sleeping and its good to get a consistent dosage of protein to said muscles.
You need extra protein like 15 minutes at the most after a workout, any more protein will either not be used or will most likely be stored as fat.

Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 07:48 AM
  #27
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,640
vCash: 1000


Big breakfast 'aids weight loss'

Breakfast really could be the most
important meal of the day when it
comes to losing weight, claims a
researcher...

The rest is here: - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7460729.stm

Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 09:03 AM
  #28
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post


Big breakfast 'aids weight loss'

Breakfast really could be the most
important meal of the day when it
comes to losing weight, claims a
researcher...

The rest is here: - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7460729.stm
What if you have some of yesterday's KitKat minis for breakfast?

anarmandaleb is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 10:32 AM
  #29
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
What if you have some of yesterday's KitKat minis for breakfast?

The more Kit-Kat you eat for breakfast te slimmer you get, no running needed.

Delat is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 10:35 AM
  #30
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,303
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I love this ****. "Here's a new diet where you do nothing and lose weight!"

The reason most of these people are overweight are because they are lazy and looking for a lazy way to cut fat isn't going to really do anything for you. Other than maybe it cuts fat but gives you atrocious side-effects.

Exercising, eating healthy. Tried, tested and true.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 10:37 AM
  #31
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,407
vCash: 500
I want in on this. I've been working out alot lately, being unemployed and all.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 10:41 AM
  #32
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I love this ****. "Here's a new diet where you do nothing and lose weight!"

The reason most of these people are overweight are because they are lazy and looking for a lazy way to cut fat isn't going to really do anything for you. Other than maybe it cuts fat but gives you atrocious side-effects.

Exercising, eating healthy. Tried, tested and true.
I disagree, sexy. Laziness is actually less of a problem than you think. Sometimes times it's genetics, other times it's an emotional eating problem (definitely not laziness) or disordered eating habits or a hormone disorder, sometimes it's just lack of education on what to do.
If you look at my genes (obesity and hormone issues), it's only due to herculian efforts that I'm at 145lb and not 200. I do want to step it up a little and be a little smaller, but that's taking me a lot more than it would take an average girl without my genetic makeup.
But yes, eating right and exercising is the only way to go about this properly. And eating right includes a good breakfast.

anarmandaleb is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 10:46 AM
  #33
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,303
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
I disagree, sexy. Laziness is actually less of a problem than you think. Sometimes times it's genetics, other times it's an emotional eating problem (definitely not laziness) or disordered eating habits or a hormone disorder, sometimes it's just lack of education on what to do.
If you look at my genes (obesity and hormone issues), it's only due to herculian efforts that I'm at 145lb and not 200. I do want to step it up a little and be a little smaller, but that's taking me a lot more than it would take an average girl without my genetic makeup.
But yes, eating right and exercising is the only way to go about this properly. And eating right includes a good breakfast.
Understandable, you're right I did forget the other factors such as eating disorders and genetics. But, to the point I was trying to make.. is that if they're looking for a miracle cure and don't want to do the hard work (which is laziness, to a degree. If you don't want to work towards something, you are either lazy, aren't motivated or simply don't want it as badly as you put on) they're going to be sorely mistaken.

I'm blessed with a good metabolism and that has kept me from getting fat but it's an obstacle that I have to overcome to actually add muscle to my frame. My genetic make-up really puts most of the weight onto my lower body. But, I've got a good routine going at the gym and I'm slowly but surely making gains and never once did I consider the "miracle fix" in steroids as they have side effects that far outweight the silly benefits.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 11:03 AM
  #34
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Understandable, you're right I did forget the other factors such as eating disorders and genetics. But, to the point I was trying to make.. is that if they're looking for a miracle cure and don't want to do the hard work (which is laziness, to a degree. If you don't want to work towards something, you are either lazy, aren't motivated or simply don't want it as badly as you put on) they're going to be sorely mistaken.

I'm blessed with a good metabolism and that has kept me from getting fat but it's an obstacle that I have to overcome to actually add muscle to my frame. My genetic make-up really puts most of the weight onto my lower body. But, I've got a good routine going at the gym and I'm slowly but surely making gains and never once did I consider the "miracle fix" in steroids as they have side effects that far outweight the silly benefits.
You're also blessed with being 18 years old WTK. Wait until you hit your 30's and you'll see what I mean. When I was your age I could eat or drink whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.

You may continue to be lucky as you get older. But chances are that you'll have to work even harder than you do now to keep your metabolism at or near the level it is currently at.

Curses you and wishes he was 18 again.

__________________
Don Cherry is right...you don't poke the bear..you walk right up to it and punch it in the mouth. - Grant McCagg
Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 11:07 AM
  #35
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,407
vCash: 500
Yeah when I was 18 I was eating so much crap...Finally caught up to me at 22 and now I have to be more careful and work out more often.

I sorta hurt my back...Overdid it a bit. I was doing those reverse sit ups for my lower back, and i strapped myself to a harness with 100 lbs...Was a bit too much, cause I think I hurt myself on my 3rd set (was doing 4 x 30)

waffledave is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 11:13 AM
  #36
Russeltown
Registered User
 
Russeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,526
vCash: 500


1,420 Calories
107g of Fat

$5.49 USD


Russeltown is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 11:18 AM
  #37
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post


1,420 Calories
107g of Fat

$5.49 USD

I think the bacon on that is 1420 calories alone... look how thick it looks.

anarmandaleb is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 11:58 AM
  #38
charms
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
That looks like Vector... Mmmm, I love Vector.

charms is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 06:34 PM
  #39
zepps
Registered User
 
zepps's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post


1,420 Calories
107g of Fat

$5.49 USD

That say so much about our society. My favourite was an American product...something like a sausage wrapped in a chocolate chip pancake on a stick.

Anyway, I joined a slo-pitch team. Should be fun even though I haven't played in a long time. Hopefully that works out.

zepps is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 07:24 PM
  #40
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,640
vCash: 1000



Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 07:31 PM
  #41
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,270
vCash: 500
lol..nice one IP.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 06-19-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 07:33 PM
  #42
LilWinger11
 
LilWinger11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Now that's truth in advertising!

LilWinger11 is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 07:36 PM
  #43
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
WTK and I came up with an alternative to eating cookies.

anarmandaleb is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 07:44 PM
  #44
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,303
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
WTK and I came up with an alternative to eating cookies.
Haha, oh god, I'll let you tell them.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 08:10 PM
  #45
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
I became a maniac of eating salads with tuna, nothing else needed. I now eat the same thing everyday.

-Yogourt
-1 Toast

...

Salad with tuna...mmmmmm

...

A good old steak on the BBQ or BBQ sausage...
Where I work they sell Wapiti sausages... mmmmmmmm

Delat is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 10:01 PM
  #46
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,640
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
I became a maniac of eating salads with tuna, nothing else needed. I now eat the same thing everyday.

-Yogourt
-1 Toast

...

Salad with tuna...mmmmmm
Add some variety to what you eat, try tuna with salad instead...

Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 10:27 PM
  #47
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zepps View Post
That say so much about our society. My favourite was an American product...something like a sausage wrapped in a chocolate chip pancake on a stick.
2 words for you: Sausage McGriddle. Most evil thing to ever hit the breakfast menu.

edit: ... which we had (have?) here in Japan since over a year ago, and now everyone in Japan is talking about "metabolic syndrome." Seriously, even 5 year old kids who can't say "I like chocolate." know what metabolic syndrome is (but probably don't know a) that it's English, nor b) what it means. Anyone who puts on weight is automatically metabolic to them...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 11:00 PM
  #48
Russeltown
Registered User
 
Russeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,526
vCash: 500
Welcome to the Heart Attack Grill !!!!







Quadruple Bypass Burger ... 8,000 Calories!

Russeltown is offline  
Old
06-19-2008, 11:04 PM
  #49
Russeltown
Registered User
 
Russeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,526
vCash: 500
And ... for sure, nobody shall forget the six-dollar burger from Carl's Jr.



Theodore

Russeltown is offline  
Old
06-20-2008, 08:52 AM
  #50
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
2 words for you: Sausage McGriddle. Most evil thing to ever hit the breakfast menu.

edit: ... which we had (have?) here in Japan since over a year ago, and now everyone in Japan is talking about "metabolic syndrome." Seriously, even 5 year old kids who can't say "I like chocolate." know what metabolic syndrome is (but probably don't know a) that it's English, nor b) what it means. Anyone who puts on weight is automatically metabolic to them...
I've never understood why someone would want to eat a sausage sandwich with pancake as the bun. It look, sounds, and I imagine tastes, gross.

coolguy21415 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.