HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joe and Peter

Old
06-19-2008, 10:31 AM
HappyGilmour

vCash: 500
Joe and Peter

I was thinking about this yesterday. Let's say they both sign 1 year deals for the 08-09 season and call it quits after. Imagine the two of them being inducted in the Hall of Fame together? I'd absolutely love for that scenario to happen.

HappyGilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Not only that, but imagin raising numbers 19 and 21 to the rafters at Pepsi Center on the same night.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 11:46 AM
El_Loco_Avs

One year deals twice. Stopping after the Olympics.

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 12:14 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul755 View Post
Not only that, but imagin raising numbers 19 and 21 to the rafters at Pepsi Center on the same night.
Along with a third Cup banner

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 12:36 PM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
oh man, what a game to go to....

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

Quote:
They both deserve a night dedicated 100% for themselves.

Plus, I'm not sure Pepsi Center could handle the noise from the crowd if they both went up the rafters at the same time.

Qurpiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 02:22 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
And an intersection of Patrick Roy Boulevard and Joe Sakic Road

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Aerolanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
One year deals twice. Stopping after the Olympics.

I would love to see this happen.

06-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
I doubt they'd do that though. I'm sure they'd like to dedicate a night to each guy.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 05:40 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
And an intersection of Patrick Roy Boulevard and Joe Sakic Road
They should name a mountain after Forsberg nevermind a road

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Sakic for Prez

I would love to see this happen

Sakic for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Colorado Avalanche

In all serious I don't wanna see Peter playing anymore hockey. He's having so many problems with his legs already, that those problems might effect his life after hockey. I just wish they don't both retire at the same time. I believe Peter will retire now and Sakic one year later (2010).

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Homer J. Leafs

on the 2nd day of the draft tsn had an interview with Peters agent and he said the skate/leg thing hasnt improved at all

Last edited by Homer J. Leafs: 06-22-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: ...
Homer J. Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 05:28 PM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J. Leafs View Post
on the 2nd day of the draft tsn had an interview with Peters agent and he said the skate/leg thing hasnt improved at all
I saw that also. Don Baizely did not sound very optimistic about the liklihood of Peter playing next season. I really hope he is wrong.

bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling View Post
I saw that also. Don Baizely did not sound very optimistic about the liklihood of Peter playing next season. I really hope he is wrong.
I love Peter, but I kinda hope Baizley is right. If Peter can't even skate without tearing his groin muscles as he did in the Detroit series...he has no business playing Hockey anymore. The sooner he realizes this the better.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Fredrik_71

Ahhhh, give Peter some slack. He gets thrown in at the end of the season playing 20 minute games without proper pre-season training! If he gets the right preparations he should be able to play 60-70 games a season.

Im not a Avalanche fan but I love Peter and Joe. Guys with greater hearts can not be found in the NHL. I hope they continue playing until they get kicked out. Even if its just 20 games per season

/Cheers

Fredrik_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 08:24 PM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
I am with you Frederik, I want to see Peter continue to play if there is any way he can. I trust he will know when to let go.

bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 07:17 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Looks like Joe is going to take his time on this one. Sounds like we won't hear anything from him before the 1st for sure.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241520&l...=headlines_nhl

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 06:52 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Caught this on hockeybuzz.com

Sakic not retiring? G Smith being shopped

"Per Strickland, Joe Sakic telling teammates he is not retiring. Ek's note: I believe this means that Khabibulin is coming back to Tampa"
-Andy Strickland

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:23 AM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I doubt they'd do that though. I'm sure they'd like to dedicate a night to each guy.
They each deserve it. When Peter went to the Flyers he was so pissed that he said, "I felt like I belonged to that team." And then went on to say that he had a buddy clean out his apartment (false- Nene rented it furnished) and that he did not see why he ever had to come back here. Obviously he came back for friends, but had he not signed here last year we all probably would have been even more amped for "Peter Forsberg Night." (When he would have "had" to come back) He is so modest that I cant wait for that night when he is "forced" to listen to how much we love him. I just hope he can find a way to get the ankle through one more year because he wants to. (Should have asked JJ (a mutual friend
) tonight but it never crossed my mind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan93 View Post
I was thinking about this yesterday. Let's say they both sign 1 year deals for the 08-09 season and call it quits after. Imagine the two of them being inducted in the Hall of Fame together? I'd absolutely love for that scenario to happen.
I missed Patrick's induction. Will def be there for Peter. Hopefully they build one (Sakic or Fors) of them around a game in toronto because I have always wanted to see an Avs game in Toronto. I am still disappointed for never making an Avs game in Maple Leaf Gardens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
They should name a mountain after Forsberg nevermind a road
Amen brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
In all serious I don't wanna see Peter playing anymore hockey. He's having so many problems with his legs already, that those problems might effect his life after hockey.
I understand this sentiment, but

A) This is not a Deadmarsh/Lindros situation

B) Peter himslef was on record in the mid nineties as saying he did not want to go back to Sweden as a decrepid 30 something. He is battling that hard to still play and knows his body is pretty much there yet he continues. You can never give up on the heart of a champion or the passion that is obviously still inside of him. The worst that could happen with his ankle is that it is really really sore at age 50-60. I would be more worried about the guy who hangs on for one more paycheck than the guy who wants one more Cup.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:26 AM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling View Post
I am with you Frederik, I want to see Peter continue to play if there is any way he can. I trust he will know when to let go.
Me too. It is so hard to see such a proud, dedicated, passionate athlete not be able to keep playing.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 02:40 AM
camd

joe and peter??

been out of the loop lately, and over in aus u dont get much news other than what u read, just wondering whats the go with sakic? has he indicated what he's doing? also the same with peter? just curious to know what the go is, and whether we will see either one or both back

camd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 05:29 AM
avsfan4026

Quote:
Originally Posted by camd View Post
been out of the loop lately, and over in aus u dont get much news other than what u read, just wondering whats the go with sakic? has he indicated what he's doing? also the same with peter? just curious to know what the go is, and whether we will see either one or both back
For Sakic, he hasn't made up his mind yet. But he has said that he'll make his decision before training camp starts (early September) and has said he'll either play the entire season or not at all.

For Forsberg, like last season it all depends on his foot. And it's not looking too good right now. But he has said if he does return, he couldn't see himself playing for anyone but the Avs.

IMO, Sakic will be back but Foppa's done.

avsfan4026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:18 AM
camd

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan4026 View Post
For Sakic, he hasn't made up his mind yet. But he has said that he'll make his decision before training camp starts (early September) and has said he'll either play the entire season or not at all.

For Forsberg, like last season it all depends on his foot. And it's not looking too good right now. But he has said if he does return, he couldn't see himself playing for anyone but the Avs.

IMO, Sakic will be back but Foppa's done.
cheers for that, i think just getting sakic back would be awesome...however i rekon take a punt with foppa, and only play him after new year or only a handful of games b4 new year..he could be such a valuable asset in the run home..

although i doubt foppa would agree to this, as he wouldnt wanna end his career being a "part-time" player...which i guess is understandable

camd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 11:11 AM
ABasin
Asset management

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan93 View Post
As for the signing part, I support this only if they can play at a level in line with with their cap number, and can play at a level equal to (or better than) a possible UFA at that cap number.

As for HOF inductions and Pepsi Center nights - sure, that'd be fun. But, it would happen if they both played one more year, or if they both retired this afternoon.

So, I don't want to see anyone signed unless it's worth it to the team.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote