Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

OT: I need help with scooter laws in NY

Thread Tools
06-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc
Capitain Midnight's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United Nations
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
OT: I need help with scooter laws in NY

I am moving to brooklyn with a 49 cc honda metropolitan scooter.

Do I need a motorcycle license?
Do I need to get plates for it?

How much would this be?

Any help would be really really appreciated.

Capitain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
06-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Believe In Henke
Bluenote13's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,652
vCash: 500

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
06-19-2008, 08:57 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,816
vCash: 500

Mopeds (Limited Use Motorcycles)

Are there any special requirements to operate a limited use motorcycle (moped) in NYS?

The Vehicle and Traffic Law defines a limited use motorcycle as "a low-speed vehicle with two or three wheels." Terms frequently used for limited use motorcycles are "mopeds" and "motor scooters."

The requirements to operate a moped are like those for motorcycles. You must have a driver license and you must register a moped to drive it on streets and highways. The exceptions to these requirements are listed in the table below. You can never operate a moped on a sidewalk.

The DMV certifies a moped as a Class A, Class B or Class C limited use motorcycle according to top speed. The manufacturer requests the certification through the DMV Technical Services Bureau. Only a DMV-certified model of limited-use motorcycle can get a registration in NYS. The phone number for the Technical Services Bureau is (518) 474-5282.

To register your moped, bring the following to a DMV office:

A completed form MV-82 (Registration / Title Application).
A completed form DTF-802 (Statement of Transaction for Sales Tax ) or proof of exemption or tax paid. The requirements and forms for mopeds are the same as those for motor vehicles. See the information about sales tax.
Proof of ownership, normally the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO), a bill of sale or a previous registration that was transferred to you.
Proof of identity.
Cash, check or credit card for the fee. Pay the fees and required sales tax.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
06-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Interesting Cat
wolfgaze's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,062
vCash: 500
pictures please.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Forum Jump


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.