HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

When is the traverse city tournament

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2008, 06:51 PM
  #1
Cherepanisimov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
When is the traverse city tournament

hmm?

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 06:54 PM
  #2
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella
 
Carlos Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,153
vCash: 67
Quote:
The prospect tournament, which is scheduled for Sept. 13 to 17, will feature entries from the Atlanta Thrashers, Columbus Blue Jackets, Minnesota Wild, New York Rangers and St. Louis Blues. The full schedule has not been determined.

Tickets are expected to be $5 per day and should be available on game days.

Training camp will begin Sept. 20 and 21 with morning practices, with ticket prices of $15 for reserved seating and $10 for standing room. The gold-medal game is will be Sept. 22 ($20 reserved and $15 standing) and the red-and-white game concludes camp on Sept. 23 at 6 p.m. ($25 reserved and $20 standing).
http://www.redwingscentral.com/stori...CityUpdate.php

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 06:14 PM
  #3
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
I will be covering this tournament. I will have help this year from another staffer. Expect nightly recap articles.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 06:42 PM
  #4
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Wow, it seems late this year. Hasn't it been in August in prior years?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 06:48 PM
  #5
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
I will be covering this tournament. I will have help this year from another staffer. Expect nightly recap articles.
looking forward to it

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 06:51 PM
  #6
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
It has been in early September, the week after Labor Day. Because Labor Day is on the first of September, it is still high season up there until the next weekend. Last year, the tourney started on the 7th, this year, the 13th.

It is only a guess, but I think the cost of putting everyone up in high season would have been prohibitive, if everyone could have even gotten hotel rooms.

BTW, Tom Renney told me on Monday, he expects to take more than half of the guys in Development Camp to Traverse City.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 07:06 PM
  #7
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
It has been in early September, the week after Labor Day. Because Labor Day is on the first of September, it is still high season up there until the next weekend. Last year, the tourney started on the 7th, this year, the 13th.

It is only a guess, but I think the cost of putting everyone up in high season would have been prohibitive, if everyone could have even gotten hotel rooms.

BTW, Tom Renney told me on Monday, he expects to take more than half of the guys in Development Camp to Traverse City.
I'd love to see Cherepanov there.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 07:10 PM
  #8
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,050
vCash: 500
There was mention of Cherepanov by Renney in today's Blueshirt Bulletin blog...

Quote:
Alexei Cherepanov: "We'd sure like to see that," he said of the Rangers' first rounder a year ago coming over from Russia for training camp in September. "They're working on that right now. Whether or not it happens remains to be seen. You always like to know where your guys are, how far away they are. But there's a bit of a political thing to it as well. It's part of a contract thing we have to work through. If we can get him to Traverse City [for the Prospect Tournament], that would be great."
Although I don't see this happening as his season in the RSL would have started by this time...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 07:14 PM
  #9
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Yes, that was the quote that Renney gave all of us on Monday. The look on his face did not look optimistic though.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 11:12 PM
  #10
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Yes, that was the quote that Renney gave all of us on Monday. The look on his face did not look optimistic though.
why is it soo little teams?? it be nice rangers vs devils in this tournament or rangers islanders, rangers flyers. and how come no detroit this year?

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:47 AM
  #11
MortUWary
Registered Loser
 
MortUWary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
why is it soo little teams?? it be nice rangers vs devils in this tournament or rangers islanders, rangers flyers. and how come no detroit this year?
Click the link... It's a link to the Red Wings' website where it mentions that they will be hosting the annual tournament again. They're kind of a given to be in the tourney.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:20 AM
  #12
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
What is the player eligibility of the tournament?

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 09:05 AM
  #13
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
Click the link... It's a link to the Red Wings' website where it mentions that they will be hosting the annual tournament again. They're kind of a given to be in the tourney.
oh ok but how come only 2 eastern conference teams why not islanders in this as well? or flyers

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.