HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Carter be King this time?

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2004, 03:40 PM
punchy1

vCash: 500
Will Carter be King this time?

Spectors is reporting that we have contacted Wash after Carter. I would rather us have Parrish of the two but as Deader will never skate again (one of them things that I hope by my saying it in public will make the opposite happen, again.) would Carter be the psuedo replacement player we would land to try and get him?

So, what do you think lads? He has been rumoured to us before and I read he has a home in LA so, is this time the one where we get him? If so, who would you give up for him? Was will want young talented players in place of him, Camms would more than likely be one of the players it would take if not more. I wouldn't trade Camms for Carter personally (not that he would be worth Carter at this point but in general, I wouldn't deal a very promising young talent who has proven he can play very well at the NHL level for a player who costs more, is older and hasn't done really well the past two seasons) but, what would you lot do?

Old
02-08-2004, 03:55 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
I wouldn't mind Carter. In fact, I'd love to have Carter. But at what price and what is his contract looking like?

I would think that Washington would want a good deal for him because they traded Jagr straight up for him and whatever return they get for Carter is the return they got for Jagr.

02-08-2004, 04:16 PM
punchy1

I read in officeglens posts that it says that the Kings wouldn't be landing him right now as the Caps have allot of others to move. I don't truly understand the logic behind that statement but if I am close, it is like saying that Carter is the last one they would move right now. He would be fine on the team. I just wouldn't give up as much of what the Caps would want (i feel) to land him. I also wonder after his contract and all.

Old
02-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

If we are not going to keep Allison, then why are we going after Carter. I thought the main reason we were going after Carter was because he and Allison were such buds.

Old
02-08-2004, 04:30 PM
willie

Honestly, Carter adds nothing to this team that we need. The Kings need:

a) quality defensemen (preferably two)
b) physical forward(s)
c) a dominant #1 center (a healthy Allison would be nice)
d) young budding starting goaltender

Carter is a soft, one dimensional player who doesn't really address any of our current (or future) needs and just adds an unnecessary contract. If the Kings are gonna try and make some sort of run this year they would be smarter to improve our defense (and defensive forwards) and try and win a slew of 2-1 games in the playoffs.

Old
02-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Are the Kings just trying to acquire all of the friends of our FA stars? First we get Stumpel to keep Palffy happy and now Carter?

If the Ducks were smart, they would go after Carter and then try and sign Allison. Fedorov and Allison would be a pretty good one-two punch.

Old
02-08-2004, 04:52 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
Honestly, Carter adds nothing to this team that we need. The Kings need:

a) quality defensemen (preferably two)
b) physical forward(s)
c) a dominant #1 center (a healthy Allison would be nice)
d) young budding starting goaltender

Carter is a soft, one dimensional player who doesn't really address any of our current (or future) needs and just adds an unnecessary contract. If the Kings are gonna try and make some sort of run this year they would be smarter to improve our defense (and defensive forwards) and try and win a slew of 2-1 games in the playoffs.

02-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25
Are the Kings just trying to acquire all of the friends of our FA stars? First we get Stumpel to keep Palffy happy and now Carter?

Don't forget Nelson Emerson for Blake

Old
02-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Fat Elvis

IMO Carter is very unspectacular. A fring player who goes unseen in games for weeks at a time. No thanks!

Old
02-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
Agree with this. Carter is best suited as a top forward on a non-playoff team(Caps), or a complimentary forward on a contending team, a guy who isn't going to be counted on being a major offensive contributer. IMO, the Kings don't need a guy like Carter, they need someone who is going to bring more physical play and determination. They need Adam Deadmarsh back...

Old
02-08-2004, 09:06 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
IMO, the Kings don't need a guy like Carter, they need someone who is going to bring more physical play and determination. They need Adam Deadmarsh back...
Totally agree ... but who is out there that can replace Deader? Not too many forwards can duplicate what Deader brought to this team in terms of heart and grit when he was healthy. It'll be tough to find someone like that. Dustin Brown is still a couple years from becoming Deader-like although he's shown flashes of it already.

Old
02-08-2004, 09:16 PM
no name

Cammy's value is superior to Carter's. Thats an easy oe. Cammy could be a key piece to a bid Dman trade.

Old
02-08-2004, 09:17 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Sure we dont NEED Carter. But are you telling me you wouldn't take him for the right price? I dont really know what that price would be. I still dont want to get rid of guys like Cammy, but I think Aulin is expendable. If he keeps getting injured whats the use of having him? I would do Aulin, 1st Rnd 05, Something small for Doig and Carter.

Old
02-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
Sure we dont NEED Carter. But are you telling me you wouldn't take him for the right price? I dont really know what that price would be. I still dont want to get rid of guys like Cammy, but I think Aulin is expendable. If he keeps getting injured whats the use of having him? I would do Aulin, 1st Rnd 05, Something small for Doig and Carter.
I don't think that Carter would be even worth a 1st in 2055. I just don't like the guy. If he were brought in to be a complementary player to play with Allison, then maybe I would do it just to make Allison happy. Carter alone, no thanks.

BTW I wouldn't give up on Aulin yet. He still has a ton of potential. Yes, he has had some bad injury luck early in his career, but I can think of two current Kings who had similar or worse problems during the early parts of their of careers, and seem to be doing pretty well now.

Old
02-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

You are out of your element to offer a top prospect and a 1st rounder for a marginal top line player.
Anson Carter is inconsistent (and we don't need another unproductive forward) and will be an RFA at the end of the season, and it is likely that a qualifying offer of $2.5M+ won't be tendered... so a suggested proposal of Aulin and a 1st is ridiculous when they can pick him up for free in a matter of months.

The team got other priorities aside from acquiring another top six forward which some of you have this odd infatuation for.

Old
02-08-2004, 10:10 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
I would take Carter if the price is right. By the right price, I mean NO top prospects and NO top draft picks. If you can get Carter on the cheap, then he might be worth looking at (depending on what his contract looks like). But I don't think the Caps are going to give him up for how cheap I'm thinking.

And I'd like to hold on to Cammy to use as trade bait for a top d-man. He is looking expendable at this point (although I'd love to hold on to him) and has enough value to get a good d-man.

Old
02-09-2004, 11:17 AM
dashripper

I'd rather have Barney playing than bringing in Carter. Watching him in Edmonton for the years he was here-the dude is just not that good. If he came to the Kings that would be his fourth team in less than a season. That's never a good sign.

Old
02-10-2004, 04:21 PM
No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
I would take Carter if the price is right. By the right price, I mean NO top prospects and NO top draft picks. If you can get Carter on the cheap, then he might be worth looking at (depending on what his contract looks like). But I don't think the Caps are going to give him up for how cheap I'm thinking.
Link

He signed a one year, $2.8 million deal with the Rangers in August, avioding arbitration.

I would take a flyer on him.. A mid level prospect or mid round pick.. Sure.. WHy not.. I do not put much into what he did (or did not do) with the Rangers. Maybe in L.A. he can play the way he did while in EDM.. who knows..

Old
02-10-2004, 06:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Spectors is reporting

Larry Brooks ≥ Spectors

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
02-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Jungle Boy

I wonder if Florida would be willing to trade Jokinen. I would send Aulin, Cammy and Allison (with some of his salary for next season paid) or our 1st in 05 for Olli and something (Huselius would be nice).

Old
02-10-2004, 11:30 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Boy
I wonder if Florida would be willing to trade Jokinen. I would send Aulin, Cammy and Allison (with some of his salary for next season paid) or our 1st in 05 for Olli and something (Huselius would be nice).
holy overpayment batman!

Old
02-10-2004, 11:52 PM
Jungle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
holy overpayment batman!
It could be V. Bure instead of Huselius or a d-man.

Old
02-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Boy
WORST PROPOSAL EVER!
Are you sure you are a Kings fan?

Old
02-11-2004, 12:41 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
holy overpayment batman!
Why is that over payment? Jokinen may be struggling this year but the guy is a number one center and a hell of one.

Old
02-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name
Why is that over payment? Jokinen may be struggling this year but the guy is a number one center and a hell of one.
Are you sniffing the same glue Jungle Boy is?
Giving up 2 of the teams top 5 prospects along with a 1st is overpayment.
Tossing in Allison doesn't help, but I think losing those three assets (Aulin, Cammy and a 1st) is more than enough.

How long has Jokinen been a proven number one center? Is he the type of player who can put the Kings over the top? No. To give up two top prospects and a 1st, you better get back a player who will significantly improve the team. Jokinen is very good, but not that good.

Closed Thread