HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

how's Branko doing?

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2004, 06:48 PM
FlyerFire

vCash: 500
how's Branko doing?

for those of you who are able to watch him play.i'm not seeing him on boxscores or anything.thanks in advance.

Old
02-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
He had an assist in his debut.

Old
02-14-2004, 08:45 PM
stanley

His work on the forecheck created the opportunity for Kapanen's game-winner in the Garden the other night. He beat Bouchard for the puck behind the Ranger net and centered the puck to Kapanen. Actually, the puck was deflected and reached Kapanen, but his work made the scoring opportunity.

I like what I've seen so far. I thought he was much less refined than what I've seen so far. Granted, it's only been two games, but...

Who has the avatar with the bland look he had at the press conference? You know, the one with "excited to be here" or something like that written beneath. I was thinking the same thing. Good stuff.

Old
02-14-2004, 08:52 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
when he's in the corners, he reminds me of LeClair or Handzus a little bit in that he is very difficult to knock off the puck. seems to move well for a big guy too.

Old
02-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Rex88

In the third period on the PP he was camped in front. That is were he will eventually either make himself a 20 goal scorer or be less and just work the corners. He was tough to move in front set a nice screen and was pretty solid on the forecheck.

Old
02-15-2004, 04:52 AM
IceHot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellionhellion2002
for those of you who are able to watch him play.i'm not seeing him on boxscores or anything.thanks in advance.
Suprisingly fast, lands his hits and ties up his man, but most notetly he singlehandedly tied up 3 Rangers behind their own net. He was all over the place keeping them from getting out of their zone, it reminded me of Kapanen when he did that in the playoffs. He definitely fits hitches system and can be a great all around two way player.

Old
02-15-2004, 06:46 AM
anonymous*

Somebody called him Williams+20 lbs. I think that was an excellent assessment. He's got energy, good speed, size, and is tenacious at times.

The first game I almost forgot he was there because he didn't do much to warrant any broacaster attention, then in the third, after JR and Primeau left he set up the game winner.

He got to the puck in the corner, held off a defender, used a ref as a pick to go behind the net to the other side and threw the puck up the ice. It looked like a broken play after he passed it and I was starting to tell my wife what he did when Kapanen scored. It was one play that night, but I was excited about that as much as the goal because I got to see what he is capable of.

Old
02-15-2004, 09:28 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I was surprised that he was that fast, I had him pictured as a bigger guy that didn't have the best speed, but the guy has some wheels. Euros never get emotional at press conferences...

Old
02-15-2004, 11:11 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
I was surprised that he was that fast, I had him pictured as a bigger guy that didn't have the best speed, but the guy has some wheels. Euros never get emotional at press conferences...
you guys should see him chase down an icing

Old
02-16-2004, 12:58 AM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX
you guys should see him chase down an icing
Actually, he did in the first game, but just didn't get to it in time. He surprised the defenseman because he came out of nowhere.

Closed Thread