HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundin To Montreal Rumors Part 2 (includes potential lines)

View Poll Results: Which prospects will be moved?
Grabo 134 57.76%
O'byrne 26 11.21%
Stewart 12 5.17%
R. Mcdonagh 8 3.45%
P. Pacioretty 8 3.45%
Chipchura 42 18.10%
Maxwell 14 6.03%
Halak 18 7.76%
Subban 13 5.60%
Webber 11 4.74%
D'agostini 46 19.83%
Yemelin 13 5.60%
Valentenko 9 3.88%
Olivier Fortier 11 4.74%
1st rounder in 2010 37 15.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Analyzer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
I'm really only worried about Boston getting him.
Boston would have to dumb a substantial player in order to even consider the possibility to afford Hossa.

Old
06-23-2008, 06:53 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
When were Sundins rights held by the Rangers?
habs have exclusive rights.

Old
06-23-2008, 06:54 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaLeaf View Post
With what he's made in Hockey and other off ice investments, his only concern is what will his legacy be in Toronto when this is all over and done. Does he want to be idolized and have his number in the Rafters like Salming, or does he want to cut bait and taste life in Manhattan for a year or two. If he want's to remain an Icon in Toronto then he'll sign with the Habs and let the Leafs get compensation. Kypreos say's he's a Ranger after July 1, and want's nothing to do with the Leafs after the way he was suppossedly Disrespected at the Deadline. One thing is for Certain it won't be money that makes the decission for him.
Kypreos is a useless hack.

Old
06-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
When were Sundins rights held by the Rangers?
Don't they need his rights to talk to Sundin as he had a NTC and was Toronto's property? Also why would Toronto just let Sundin talk to the Rangers and get nothing in return...?

Old
06-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
It has to difficult for any pro after a long and storied career to hang up the skates. In Sundin's case it's probably proving doubly difficult because it's not ending the way he expected. This guy was a Leaf nearly his entire career, a great player, the captain. He expects to be treated with respect by the franchise, to see his number retired, maybe be offered a role in the organization etc. Instead, he's treated like a commodity.
I do feel bad for him honestly. Sundin has been nothing but a class act for the city of Toronto and for the Leafs. But I also understand the situation that Fletcher is in. He was brought in to do a dirty job, not to make friends, not to please the current players.

It's too bad that the whole situation will end up badly. That's why I was hoping that Gainey could prove to Sundin that the Habs are a classy organization that is more than worthy of having a player of his caliber retire with us.

Old
06-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
With what he's made in Hockey and other off ice investments, his only concern is what will his legacy be in Toronto when this is all over and done. Does he want to be idolized and have his number in the Rafters like Salming, or does he want to cut bait and taste life in Manhattan for a year or two. If he want's to remain an Icon in Toronto then he'll sign with the Habs and let the Leafs get compensation. Kypreos say's he's a Ranger after July 1, and want's nothing to do with the Leafs after the way he was suppossedly Disrespected at the Deadline. One thing is for Certain it won't be money that makes the decission for him.
well then im waiting for a jagr to montreal thread

Old
06-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Don't they need his rights to talk to Sundin as he had a NTC and was Toronto's property? Also why would Toronto just let Sundin talk to the Rangers and get nothing in return...?
It appears no trade is needed to receive rights from a player's team to talk with the player. See Campbell - SJ/NYR thing.

Old
06-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:

Kypreos says New York Rangers
Ludzic says Montreal Canadiens

So we can conclude that: nobody knows

Old
06-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I do feel bad for him honestly. Sundin has been nothing but a class act for the city of Toronto and for the Leafs. But I also understand the situation that Fletcher is in. He was brought in to do a dirty job, not to make friends, not to please the current players.

It's too bad that the whole situation will end up badly. That's why I was hoping that Gainey could prove to Sundin that the Habs are a classy organization that is more than worthy of having a player of his caliber retire with us.
If this was done by Fletcher behind Sundin's back, that stinks incredibly for a 2nd rounder or so. Holy moly, Toronto Maple Leafs

Old
06-23-2008, 07:02 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post

We need Eklund's input. Whatever he says, the opposite is true.

Old
06-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Wiseman27*

Can we have some news here plz ?!

Old
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post

I have been around Toronto enough to know that Ludzic is an intelligent guesser & that Kypreos is......, (didn't he play for the Rangers), Kypreos is like a bus rider, just along for the ride!

Old
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Kypreos is a useless hack.
At Trade Deadline he's breaks more Deals than any one else and is right more than any one else, he broke the Hossa to Pittsburgh deal a couple of hours before it showed up any were else.

His constant ramblings of Pro NHLPA bable gets on my nerves but you have to give the Devil his due, he out scoops MacKenzie most of the time.

Old
06-23-2008, 07:06 PM
MrNasty

I think the Leafs were better off with JFJ...LOL Fletcher has really messed things up more for the Leafs. Not only are they starting over but he can't even get any half decent assets for his players.

Old
06-23-2008, 07:08 PM
HabsoluteFate

As per Bob Gainey:
"We've agreed with something with the Leafs, if we come up with a contract with him, that you know at that point that we would exchange the things which we agreed upon".

This tells me that perhaps we are talking about more than just Sundin going Montreal's way which would also mean more going Toronto's way

Just a thought...

Old
06-23-2008, 07:09 PM
MrNasty

Quote:
At Trade Deadline he's breaks more Deals than any one else and is right more than any one else, he broke the Hossa to Pittsburgh deal a couple of hours before it showed up any were else.

His constant ramblings of Pro NHLPA bable gets on my nerves but you have to give the Devil his due, he out scoops MacKenzie most of the time.
No way Kypreos has more dirt than MacKenzie. Sportnet is floundering and TSN has secured anyone decent in the hockey world. Kypreos couldn't land a job as a reliable insider anywhere else. He is chums with a couple of Leaf players but no way do they know where Mats is going. His agent doesn't even know if he is playing next season.

Old
06-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
No way Kypreos has more dirt than MacKenzie. Sportnet is floundering and TSN has secured anyone decent in the hockey world. Kypreos couldn't land a job as a reliable insider anywhere else. He is chums with a couple of Leaf players but no way do they know where Mats is going. His agent doesn't even know if he is playing next season.
Kypreos works for the same network as Bill Watters, need I say more?

Old
06-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Interested in Hossa and Campbell? Where did this come from?
We are rumoured to be one of the teams in the North East division (Campbell's request) to have rights to talk to Campbell. As for Hossa, sorry just my assumption considering how hard Gainey went after him at the trade deadline.

Old
06-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
As per Bob Gainey:
"We've agreed with something with the Leafs, if we come up with a contract with him, that you know at that point that we would exchange the things which we agreed upon".

This tells me that perhaps we are talking about more than just Sundin going Montreal's way which would also mean more going Toronto's way

Just a thought...
Maybe Habs are getting a 5th along with Sundin for the 2nd?

Old
06-23-2008, 07:12 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
Wrong, wrong, and wrong. A NTC clause only is waived in the event of an actual trade.
If he didn't conditionally waive his no-trade clause, Gainey would have violated the NHL's tampering rules by contacting Sundin by telephone.

You know not of what you speak.

Old
06-23-2008, 07:13 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Can we have some news here plz ?!
No news. I'm still shocked that nobody at MLSE has leaked out the real compensation for the deal. I mean, there are tons of attention seekers working for them.

Old
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

The video of Mckenzie is available on TSN's homepage now.

Old
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post

I realise that it's Fletcher inherited a bad situation and he was hired to rebuild the Leafs, but I think it's self-defeating when he gives the Leafs franchise a black eye in the process.

Old
06-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
If he didn't conditionally waive his no-trade clause, Gainey would have violated the NHL's tampering rules by contacting Sundin by telephone.

You know not of what you speak.
Are tampering rules linked to no trade clauses?

Dog keeps getting more and more confused

Old
06-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
I think the Leafs were better off with JFJ...LOL Fletcher has really messed things up more for the Leafs. Not only are they starting over but he can't even get any half decent assets for his players.
Actually the Leaf fans that I've talked to disagree. They pretty much blame JFJ for putting the team in their current situation. They understand that Fletcher has been put in a bad situation.

Closed Thread