HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

not the last Glencross thread...

Old
06-21-2008, 09:15 AM
the word*

vCash: 500
not the last Glencross thread...

The perfect energy player for this team. I don't want an overpayment but, it would be a horrible move to let this guy walk when it is apparent he has found the perfect niche in Edmonton in order for him to succeed in the NHL.

I'm not talking about the offensive outburst Glencross had at the end of the season. I want his energy and the chemistry he brought to the team at the end of the season.

He's not an elite player, but has loads of desire, he hits and helps his line mates look better. If Glencross walks over a couple hundred grand on a multi year term I will be extremely upset.

I don't know how much influence his agent has in this standoff but he better be careful, as Glencross may never find himself in a position to be a perfect fit for another organization, and it's completely possible that he might not find that extra couple of hundred thousand on the UFA market.

To be fair, they have has come down from the original asking price and have shown willingness to negotiate; I will add, Glencross, absolutely deserves more than a million dollars on a multi year contract IMO, let's not forget he has proven his value to the club and is an UFA.

Signing Reasoner, trying to find another energy player in the same mold, or bringing in another older veteran, Ala Sanderson in place of Glencross is just idiotic.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote