HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

turco has a broken foot

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2004, 11:31 AM
lace-em'-up

vCash: 500
turco has a broken foot

with no back-up turco has been playing with a broken foot for 3 weeks or so.

i think dallas should really foucus on getting a good goalie to help turks out.

story is at andrewsstarspage.com

Old
02-16-2004, 11:35 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Fernandez

Old
02-16-2004, 11:35 AM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Tugnutt is getting into gameshape in the minors and Turco seems to be wanting to play through the pain(according to Stars fans). I doubt they're going to pull the trigger on a trade for a goalie right now.

Old
02-16-2004, 11:37 AM
lace-em'-up

whats out there?
potvin
kolzig
irbe
fernandez
khabby
dunahm
turke

Old
02-16-2004, 11:43 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Potvin- Probably not, he'll be used as a backup, which he is okay at.
Kolzig- Probably.
Irbe- Ummm...He's in the ECHL and has a big contract.
Fernandez- Probably
Khabby- NO WAY
Dunham- Maybe, goalie going to the Rangers to finish out the year.
Turke- You really want the guy?

How about Salo?

Old
02-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Benji Frank

That foot must be like Souray's wrist ... Turco's been playing awesome ... particularly since the new year began. I'm surprised he let the media know about it though as now the opposition can focus on it a bit more........

Who knows ... maybe it's like Jagr's groin which is really a broken finger.....

One thing though, as Turco goes the Stars go ... it won't matter who's back there. If he's hurt, they're in big trouble!!!

Old
02-16-2004, 11:52 AM
lace-em'-up

salo: i dont think edmonton and dallas would be on the same page. It sure would be funny if edmonton helped dallas and dallas went on to win the cup

but i think the other guy has it right. turco has played through and he wont stop playing through it. tugnutt is almost game ready, a few more games in the ahl would do him some good. even if tugger comes back i dont think he would get much playing time. every point for the stars is very important. if they dont catch the sharks it is going to be a very tough playoff race.

there next few games will really set where they will be.
with the ducks(every point counts) LA(need to put some distance on them) and Colorado(will show were they are as a team, and a huge morale boost if they beat them)

Old
02-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

I don't think Armstrong is willing to deal picks, prospects, warm bodies, or everything else it would take to get us a decent goalie. As the likes of Potvin, Turek, Irbe et all aren't an upgrade above Tugnutt. And frankly, I wouldn't give up important assets for one who is, much less when you realise that he might not even play one game for us.

Besides, I think, or at least hope, Tugnutt will prove to be a lot better than we think he is if he were to see more minutes. As that is where I think his problem lays. Hell, since February of last year, Tugnutt has only played in 4 games. FOUR! (4!) games in an entire year! It wouldn't even be human if he did play well in those games. Which is why I think management is doing the right thing by letting Tugnutt play for Utah. Get some games under his belt, get some groove going and then fill in at the highest level if necessary.

Old
02-16-2004, 12:17 PM
kolanos

I realize there is a long drawn out history here, but putting that aside, Turek has better numbers than Salo and has team options in the next few years of his contract whereas Salo has a more long-term/restrictive contract. Turek had great numbers when he was with the Stars.

Might be the best option of the bunch, and the Stars could pass on the team option come CBA. Turek may not waive his no-trade clause to go back to Dallas though...

Old
02-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Johnnybegood13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lace-em'-up
salo: i dont think edmonton and dallas would be on the same page. It sure would be funny if edmonton helped dallas and dallas went on to win the cup
I think if Dallas got Salo,Edmonton would be helping them with their golf swings

Closed Thread