HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008-2009 Season Rant Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
2008-2009 Season Rant Thread

Guys, this one's coming early. But to help contain any potential woe, misery, unhappiness with the team/franchise/players, what have you. Let's please keep it to this thread.

And in doing so, please keep it clean, and do NOT attack other posters directly, i.e. no flaming, baiting, trolling etc. Otherwise if you need to let it out, please do so here.

Thanks.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
06-21-2008, 02:09 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Wow...comon this is not needed...I'm guessing you don't like the trade either....

But yeah..I think we'll be fine next year.

Old
06-21-2008, 02:16 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
This breaks a record. Earliest appearance of a seasonal RANT thread.

For this, I shall rant.

Old
06-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Wow...comon this is not needed...I'm guessing you don't like the trade either....

But yeah..I think we'll be fine next year.
Unfortunately due to the number of threads that keep popping up, it kind of is. It makes things a lot easier for us to deal with. Having repetitive threads popping up just to get attention is not good. Let there be containment

Old
06-21-2008, 02:24 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Unfortunately due to the number of threads that keep popping up, it kind of is. It makes things a lot easier for us to deal with. Having repetitive threads popping up just to get attention is not good. Let there be containment
Lol its one troll who keeps putting them up. The other one was opened as soon as the trade happened and that was when everyone was still in shock, its ok now.

Old
06-21-2008, 03:37 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

I'll create a template

Damn, another one goal loss! If (player name) could have scored on his opportunity we might have been able to tie it! O well, you guys see how man points Jokinen had against ( Team Name )! We could really have used him agains (Team Name) when we were on the powerplay. JM should sign (UFA Forward) this off season to help with our scoring woes . Only ( # of games left) till the end of the season and we get to draft Tavares!

Old
06-21-2008, 03:41 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
Damn, another one goal loss! If (player name) could have scored on his opportunity we might have been able to tie it! O well, you guys see how man points Jokinen had against ( Team Name )! We could really have used him agains (Team Name) when we were on the powerplay. JM should sign (UFA Forward) this off season to help with our scoring woes . Only ( # of games left) till the end of the season and we get to draft Tavares!
Its not even the start of the season yet, tons of time for stuff to happen.

Old
06-21-2008, 03:42 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Its not even the start of the season yet, tons of time for stuff to happen.
What stuff?

Old
06-21-2008, 03:42 PM
hoax15

Quote:
What stuff?
A trade, UFA signing, idk what JM is thinkin.

Old
06-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Ive got a question.. For all of you who ***** and ***** and ***** and ***** and *****..... why do you do it? For attention? For hoping Martin will come and read your useless *****ing? It gets you nowhere, absolutely nowhere, you don't run the team, GET OVER IT. Go find another team if you can't deal with it, ****ing hell.

Old
06-21-2008, 04:29 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post
Ive got a question.. For all of you who ***** and ***** and ***** and ***** and *****..... why do you do it? For attention? For hoping Martin will come and read your useless *****ing? It gets you nowhere, absolutely nowhere, you don't run the team, GET OVER IT. Go find another team if you can't deal with it, ****ing hell.
**** THE ****ING ****ERS! lol

Old
06-21-2008, 04:32 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Because people invest a lot of money and time into this team only to see it continually suck.

Old
06-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Well then stop investing money in it?

Old
06-21-2008, 04:41 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Well then stop investing money in it?
Do you think these people come here because they aren't fans? Why would anyone waste time here if they didn't actually like and care about this team? People often forget that the ones criticizing moves are hardcore Panther fans. We all want this team to win.

Old
06-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

hasn't done anything since 2000. lol

Old
06-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Panthers_Fan

Quote:
Just because I am critical of the team doesn't mean I'm not a fan. So all the Panther posters, tshirts, etc. in my room are just for show???????? I am critical because I see the team going in the wrong direction and if the entire fanbase was disproving wouldn't you bet the organization would do something about it. Just because JM says everything is okay doesn't mean it is. It's his opinion, and he's not infallible. I only care about facts. The facts say this team only has one person who had more than 50 points on the team currently.

I have been a fan of this team since '93. I grew up with the Panthers. I've been accepting the organizations response for 8 years and guess what? We're still at square one. I am just trying to be a realist. When it's November and your complaining that we're losing ever game by 4-1, you'll see why I am upset.

Should I be hiding my opinion and going yeah JM!!! JM know what he's doing!!! Matthias is the next Toews!!! Frolik is the next Jagr!!! Horton's going to have 80 points next year!!!!! Yeah, playoffs here we come!!!

To me knowing about a problem and saying nothing is just as bad as creating the problem in the first place.

Last edited by Panthers_Fan: 06-21-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old
06-21-2008, 05:10 PM
ratmanfu

umm, the RANT thread is designed to allow rants.

Just sayin'.

Old
06-22-2008, 02:47 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Let's all agree on agreeing on everything. Especially agreeing with everything our management does. That will make this a fun discussion board to visit.

Old
06-22-2008, 02:50 AM
Tuco

Quote:
hasn't done anything since 2000. lol
Glad your positivitism has.

Old
06-22-2008, 09:02 AM
ratmanfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Let's all agree on agreeing on everything. Especially agreeing with everything our management does. That will make this a fun discussion board to visit.
So, you're suggesting we all have the exact same opinion? Doesn't sound like much of a discussion.

Old
06-22-2008, 11:43 AM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

I'm sick of all these Martin lovers defending every move he makes and calling those who criticize this move as negative and bashers. The Martin lovers have this undeserved sense of entitlement that they know everything and there is no way they could be wrong because they are staying positive. These people are arrogant beyond belief. I'm shocked anyone is stupid enough to try to spin this trade into something positive. The same people who claimed Martin would only trade for an obvious overpayment and wouldn't make a stupid move. Well folks, this is worse than the Keenan trade and I hated that one too. Looks like I'm a Keenan and Martin Basher!

Old
06-22-2008, 11:45 AM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
I'm sick of all these Martin lovers defending every move he makes and calling those who criticize this move as negative and bashers. The Martin lovers have this undeserved sense of entitlement that they know everything and there is no way they could be wrong because they are staying positive. These people are arrogant beyond belief. I'm shocked anyone is stupid enough to try to spin this trade into something positive. The same people who claimed Martin would only trade for an obvious overpayment and wouldn't make a stupid move now have to eat their shoe. Well folks, this is worse than the Keenan trade and I hated that one too. Looks like I'm a Keenan and Martin Basher!
Even if somehow we are good, which we wont be, we will be so boring to watch.

Old
06-22-2008, 12:12 PM
hoax15

I'm ****ing sick of all these Martin haters, they don't want to wait until the start of the ****ing season and all they do is ***** ***** *****. The team is headed in the right direction and they cant ****ing see it. We have the best defense we have probobly ever had in our franchise history and our offense will struggle thats a given. They don't understand that we will be scoring a lot because we can break-out better, we can move the puck on the powerplay MUCH better than we ever did, AND we have all of our players improving. Imagine Ballard giving Booth a breakout pass where Booth gets a breakaway because of his speed and tenacity.

/rant.

Old
06-22-2008, 12:35 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Also, many overrate Ballard here. He is like a less offensive Van Ryn who is more physical. The Van Ryn comparison is based on his rating I give him. What Van Ryn likes in the physical department Ballard makes up for. YEAH!! GREAT D!! The #4 and #5 guys from the PHX powerhouse D core, YES!!

Old
06-22-2008, 12:38 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Also, many overrate Ballard here. He is like a less offensive Van Ryn who is more physical. The Van Ryn comparison is based on his rating I give him. What Van Ryn likes in the physical department Ballard makes up for. YEAH!! GREAT D!! The #4 and #5 guys from the PHX powerhouse D core, YES!!
Van Ryn was really good when he played for us without the wrist injury. And lets not forget that Ballard will be getting more ice time than he did in PHX and he'll be playing with Bouw (maybe). I think he'll do great this season. We will all love him.

Ballard is good enough to be our #2 behind Bouw so that tells you something

Closed Thread