HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

7th round: PATRICK JOHNSON

Old
06-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Hey you know what? There are 29 other teams for you to pick from. Now go away and find an other fanbase to annoy. This would be the best thing that could happen to this board up there with Sundin comming to Montreal.
That'd be great. Fans like him make us all look like idiots. He probably doesn't want us to sign Sundin either, cuz he isn't french. What a ******.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Laurentides

QUOTE=Shabutie;14509369]What an ignorant comment. Welcome to mine, and many others' ignore lists, you racist son of a *****.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing racist in his post. He is just probably as dissapointed as me since we wanted more local picks. Thats it. You gotta be a real Québécois to understand that, I guess.

Laurentides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:24 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentides View Post
QUOTE=Shabutie;14509369]What an ignorant comment. Welcome to mine, and many others' ignore lists, you racist son of a *****.

There is nothing racist in his post. He is just probably as dissapointed as me since we wanted more local picks. Thats it. You gotta be a real Québécois to understand that, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Just click on his name choose the "Find more post by" option.

Pis fait nous pas passer pour in gagne de cave avec ton deuxième commentaire. Ta xénophobie tu peux de la foutre dans tu sais ou. "You gotta be a real Québécois to understand that, I guess." incroyable et pathétique.

J'en ai ras le bol de ceux qui nous font tousse passer pour des imbéciles. Temps que vous sortirer pas de votre complexe d'infériorité vous n'arriverez a rien.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:24 PM
kostitsyn1489

I'm a real quebecers, born and raised here, and i dont get it at all.

I dont think anybody would complain about Quebecers if we'd win the cup. So why taking a Quebecers over another guy if we feel like the latter will help us more to win the cup?

If you want a Quebecers over another guy solely because he's a quebecers, you might be a real Quebecois, but you arent a real Canadiens.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
There's no better time to add to your ignore list than draft day, July 1st, or at the trade deadline.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Laurentides

Why is it racist to want more local players, i think it's normal. I'm sorry if I offended anybody.

Laurentides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Why is it racist to want more local players, i think it's normal. I'm sorry if I offended anybody.
It's not. If everything else is equal I'd take the local guy every time, but that's not the argument being made here.

A bunch of so-called fans on this forum see that we drafted someone they know absolutely nothing about but feel qualified to bash the organization simply because of that player's birth certificate. It's completely ridiculous and makes me ashamed that I root for the same team as them.

99% of the people on this forum has absolutely no knowledge of the guys in the draft, especially those taken in the later rounds. I'm perfectly content to trust the judgment of a front office which has drafted extraordinarily well in the past few years. If they take an American or a Russian over a guy from Quebec I assume it's because they feel that player has a better chance of one day helping the Montreal Canadiens. Enough with this nonsense.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:47 PM
le_sean

Quote:
It's not racist because the Quebecois are not a race, neither are the Americans, Russians, etc.

It is ignorant to believe the Canadiens are better off with French players because their team in located in a French area.

But saying that, it's not the Canadiens you should be mad at for not drafting players from Quebec. You should be upset with the QMJHL for playing second fiddle to the OHL and WHL in terms of development.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I'm a real quebecers, born and raised here, and i dont get it at all.

I dont think anybody would complain about Quebecers if we'd win the cup. So why taking a Quebecers over another guy if we feel like the latter will help us more to win the cup?

If you want a Quebecers over another guy solely because he's a quebecers, you might be a real Quebecois, but you arent a real Canadiens.
I like your last sentence! So true!

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:49 PM
znk

Quote:
It's not that part that got me pissed off. It's this "You gotta be a real Québécois to understand that"

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
For that sole reason, you are absolutely right. Strangely, like somebody else mentions, why do we keep inviting more Québécois at the development camp than any other nations out there? We shouldn't invite them solely because they're quebecers.

Even if I like the Q, seems that they'll invite Monahan. That's fine. But I sure hope they'll invite Reddick ahead of any other Québécois.....

So if it's good for the big club, for the draft, it also has to be true for the camp.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Bucky Ducky

I see alot of this kid when I go down to Mad town to watch the Badgers play. He's got speed and plenty of it. My cousin Podge actually played on his line for a while and I think he really benefited from it. Good pick for the Habs........

Bucky Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Go Habs Go

I could care less where the players come from. As long as they're honorable hockey players and bring the cup home. Even if we had an all Russian team, if they can bring home the cup, I would still be happy. As long as they work hard, don't dishonor the Habs name and put up a good show.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:11 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
For that sole reason, you are absolutely right. Strangely, like somebody else mentions, why do we keep inviting more Québécois at the development camp than any other nations out there? We shouldn't invite them solely because they're quebecers.

Even if I like the Q, seems that they'll invite Monahan. That's fine. But I sure hope they'll invite Reddick ahead of any other Québécois.....

So if it's good for the big club, for the draft, it also has to be true for the camp.
Yeah I agree. Maybe at a lesser extent then at the draft. A guy like Reddick if he wants to come, Habs really have to get him here. They have to try and get the best guys then maybe get 4-5 Q guys that went undrafted as well. But not only Quebecers and forget about the other players.

Timmins may not like Reddick at all either, but Timmins have to try and get the 4-5 top guys on his list that went undrafted and 4-5 quebecers to make people happy.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Le depisteur

Commentary by McKeen's Hockey Prospects

04/06/2008 - A true freshman that emerged as a key contributor for the Badgers this season while getting under the opponents skin with his aggravating style of play .. has good feet and utilizes his speed well to act like a heat-seeking missile on the forecheck .. throws his frail frame around with reckless abandonment and can land some surprisingly heavy bodychecks, knocking much larger opponents off their feet .. a true pest by nature that brings grit and feistiness to his team's lineup every night .. type of player that will knock the opposition in his mouth behind the play then talk trash after the whistle .. played in all situations because his defensive game is mature beyond his years and he is a great penalty killer .. received time on the powerplay this year where he displayed his deceptively hard wristshot .. all skin and bones right now, Johnson is still deserving of a late-round selection.

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 06:16 PM
ti-vite

[mark]He will score the series winning goal in the stanley cup final in 2016. People will point to this thread. I will be above the law.

Mark my words.

Never mind, I'll do it.[/mark]

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
QUOTE=Shabutie;14509369]What an ignorant comment. Welcome to mine, and many others' ignore lists, you racist son of a *****.

There is nothing racist in his post. He is just probably as dissapointed as me since we wanted more local picks. Thats it. You gotta be a real Québécois to understand that, I guess.[/QUOTE]

I wanted Deschamps, kind of and Cormier. In case you haven't notice, the Q is producing as many solid players as it use to. The first one taken this year was Deschamps in the 2nd I believe.

There's really nothing racists about it, until you bring in the fact that he drafted, alot of Americans, but, he also did trade for a Quebecois.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Way to go Bob & Trevor !!!!

You were able not to draft a single player from the Q this year.

American kids are so much better.
This year, they definitely are. Maybe the roulette wheel will stop on Québec next year.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Hab Shark
Better call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
7 years from now...

Patrick Johnson, Missaien and a 2nd for...
Best quote of the post draft discussion!

RH2 becomes JM2

Hab Shark is offline   Reply With Quote