HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Canucks @ Avalanche 2/16

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

vCash: 500
Or how about interferrence even? Morris didn't even have the puck. Real shocker that those Sportsnet boneheads agreed with the non-call.

Old
02-16-2004, 09:38 PM
nucks2001

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Or how about interferrence even? Morris didn't even have the puck. Real shocker that those Sportsnet boneheads agreed with the non-call.
Well.. there was the hit on Naslund.. it was an Elbow.. Not intentional imo because Naslund was falling but he still caught him square in the head with the elbow

Old
02-16-2004, 09:46 PM
nucks2001

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks2001
Well.. there was the hit on Naslund.. it was an Elbow.. Not intentional imo because Naslund was falling but he still caught him square in the head with the elbow
Scratch that.. you guys were talking about the first :p

Old
02-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks2001
Honestly, the reffing is starting to even out. But Naslund was falling into Moore's elbow which I might add, was retracted. I could live with a penalty to even up May's idiocy, but those clowns on your board calling for Moore's head for a borderline clean check? C'mon now. If Brookbank or May goes after Moore for that hit, they'll become instant cowards in my mind. Bob MacKenzie called it a few months ago. If a player lays a clean check on another player, then why should he be forced to fight. And it's not like Moore has a history of playing dirty.

Old
02-16-2004, 09:51 PM
nucks2001

vCash:
Quote:
Honestly, the reffing is starting to even out. But Naslund was falling into Moore's elbow which I might add, was retracted. I could live with a penalty to even up May's idiocy, but those clowns on your board calling for Moore's head for a borderline clean check? C'mon now. If Brookbank or May goes after Moore for that hit, they'll become instant cowards in my mind. Bob MacKenzie called it a few months ago. If a player lays a clean check on another player, then why should he be forced to fight. And it's not like Moore has a history of playing dirty.
I agree totally.. retribution at this point would be stupid. Moore was going to level him. He was aiming to lay the big hit but Naslund slipped and he caught him with the elbow. It wasn't sticking out at all but it was an elbow.

Old
02-16-2004, 09:53 PM
Mr. Avalanche

Well crap

Old
02-16-2004, 10:03 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Fortunately the Avs PK has been strong tonight, but so has Vancouver's.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:15 PM
CivicSI_JB

Quote:
but those clowns on your board calling for Moore's head for a borderline clean check?
An elbow is now a borderline clean check??

Old
02-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Mr. Avalanche

Damn it Foppa

Old
02-16-2004, 10:18 PM
nucks2001

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicSI_JB
It wasn't clean.. but it was accidental imo. Moore was going head hunting but he was going to do it with his shoulder.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Jori

Pretty selfish play by Forsberg. He really isn't on his game and that's due to Ruutu. If you can frustrate Peter he will focus on getting back at that player. The game should start to pick up now. Naslund hasn't returned...which is unfortunate.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Jori

Avs really pouring it on now and Cloutier is coming up big. Selanne has really looked good in this third period.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Jori

And that's it...the Avs first regulation loss since Jan 17 against San Jose. Vancouver impressed me tonight. I think the game was evenly played but Bertuzzi has the biggest play by knocking out two Avs defenders and giving Daniel Sedin the time and space he needed. Both teams were great on the PK. Colorado's biggest missed opportunity was the four minute power play. I think the Avs had some chances to take some shots but passed instead. I just don't understand how this team can be so tentative at home...it's frustrating. Well folks...we are in a fight here...the Avs have two games in hand but Vancouver only behind by four points now. I was hoping Colorado would have a little killer instinct but credit Vancouver's defense tonight. I think the Avs had only a handful of quality scoring chances. Cloutier was solid. Aebischer had a good game as well, making a couple of dandy saves.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Youreallygotme

I'll admit that was a bad dive by ruutu, but everything else he did tonight was just brilliant. Forsberg going after him on the bench

this is my impression of ruutu -

david aebeisher is Awesome. He is better than roy was last year

that was an awesome game, despite the low score. i hope you dont complain about the reffing tonight avs fans because that would be just ridiculous. It was even at best.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
And that's it...the Avs first regulation loss since Jan 17 against San Jose. Vancouver impressed me tonight. I think the game was evenly played but Bertuzzi has the biggest play by knocking out two Avs defenders and giving Daniel Sedin the time and space he needed. Both teams were great on the PK. Colorado's biggest missed opportunity was the four minute power play. I think the Avs had some chances to take some shots but passed instead. I just don't understand how this team can be so tentative at home...it's frustrating. Well folks...we are in a fight here...the Avs have two games in hand but Vancouver only behind by four points now. I was hoping Colorado would have a little killer instinct but credit Vancouver's defense tonight. I think the Avs had only a handful of quality scoring chances. Cloutier was solid. Aebischer had a good game as well, making a couple of dandy saves.
Youre tentative at home!!! You should watch a canucks game. It's brutal. we couldnt even win on a three game homestand. even against a slumping atlanta. Trust me you dont have much to complain about there

Old
02-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicSI_JB
Aww, that's cute. You slept through the game again...didn't you?

Avs were terrible. They had spark, too bad it was all in the physicality department. All of their shots missed the mark, their passes were WAY too slow all night long, and even the best puckhandlers on the team (Forsberg, Sakic, and Hejduk to name a few) were having trouble controlling the slowest of pucks. To top that off, their decision making was about 1 second delayed. Way to freaking timid.

Vancouver (and Cloutier) weren't that good tonight, but they sure as hell were good enough to beat this Avs team tonight. I felt like we iced 18 Eric Messiers tonight. Forsberg had a few good rushes, but they weren't good enough to forget that idiotic penalty he took when tangling with that no-talent coward Ruutu.

Aebischer was solid tonight, his team just couldn't give him any love on the scoreboard.

Don't get me started on the powerplay tonight. It was like a mirror image of the one against the Wings prior to the All-Star break. I thought the two PP goals on Saturday was enough to at least cope with Blake's absence, but BOY was I wrong. I said Morris needed to have a good game, especially on the PP, and tada, he didn't.

Last edited by Ensane: 02-16-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old
02-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Mr. Avalanche

Quote:
Hahahaha

Old
02-16-2004, 10:41 PM
Jori

Ruutu did a great job. I think I've only seen Sean Avery frustrate him more in a game this year. Peter definately wasn't on his game tonight and when that happens, the Avs are much easier to beat. Pretty selfish play by Forsberg late in the third period; not happy with his game tonight.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Breck Av

It was a poorly reffed game for both sides. Right after the Naslund injury Forsberg gets high sticked on a supposed "follow through" which is fine and dandy besides the fact that the Canuck player completely missed the puck in mid-air. That was a dangerous play, though unintentional, just like the Moore hit on Naslund.

I thought Hejduk had his worst game since coming back from the abdominal injury in 2002. He couldn't get anything going out there. His slump keeps getting longer.

Selanne has really picked it up since the St. Louis game. I thought he had the 3 best scoring chances all night for Colorado. Cloutier made some good saves on him.

This game was much more important for Vancouver and was won on a fluky play when Moore couldn't control a puck he tried to catch, so things could be worse. An Av win probably would have all but clinched the division, now they just need to keep piling up points like they have been.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:44 PM
Jori

Quote:

Avs were terrible. They had spark, too bad it was all in the physicality department. All of their shots missed the mark, their passes were WAY too slow all night long, and even the best puckhandlers on the team (Forsberg, Sakic, and Hejduk to name a few) were having trouble controlling the slowest of pucks. To top that off, their decision making was about 1 second delayed. Way to freaking timid.

Vancouver (and Cloutier) weren't that good tonight, but they sure as hell were good enough to beat this Avs team tonight. I felt like we iced 18 Eric Messiers tonight. Forsberg had a few good rushes, but they weren't good enough to forget that idiotic penalty he took when tangling with that no-talent coward Ruutu.

Aebischer was solid tonight, his team just couldn't give him any love on the scoreboard.
You make a great point...the Avs timing did seem to be off; but I think Vancouver was better than you give them credit for. Cloutier was solid and the Avs didn't force him to be spectacular. I don't think the Avs lacked effort, but the passion seemed to be missing...other than the physical play.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:45 PM
CanadaAvalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks&flames
i hope you dont complain about the reffing tonight avs fans because that would be just ridiculous. It was even at best.
i hope you dont complain about the Moore hit tonight canucks fans because that would be just ridiculous. It was very clean.

As for the Avs performance tonight, I was very unimpressed. The one real stand out thing to me tongiht was Selanne, he looked like old school Selanne! He has begun putting together solid performances now and I feel he will start lighting the lamp more often. For some reason he seems to have regained some of his skating touch.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
You make a great point...the Avs timing did seem to be off; but I think Vancouver was better than you give them credit for. Cloutier was solid and the Avs didn't force him to be spectacular. I don't think the Avs lacked effort, but the passion seemed to be missing...other than the physical play.
Perhaps you're right. I might not have mentioned it, but Vancouver's physical play in their own end, and their all around backchecking was sensational. They clogged the lanes in such a way that a plumber would blush. The Avs missed the goal a lot, but that's because a lot of hte time they saw no twine to shoot at with the big bodied Nuck defenders standing ahead.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:48 PM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Jori, this is the Avalanche we are talking about. Nothing is easy. I thought Vancouver had a great game-plan that was helped in the first by the officials. They played the proverbial trap, getting four back with one forechecker. Then three ghost penalties on Cummins, Skoula and Worrell helped interrupt the flow of the game and fit into the mold of a road team. From there it was pretty even stuff, if a bit nasty. That high stick on Morris is frankly the kind of thing that deserves major consideration. There was no reason for the stick to be there. I don't think players are going to stop it until it has serious repercussions. Naslund getting hurt sucks but I think it was a lot of bad luck. Bertuzzi should have got the assist on that goal. Good game but I'm getting a little tired of the officiating we are getting for these Vancouver games, it's horrid both ways and the officials don't seem to have the intestinal fortitude to make the calls they see.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:49 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAvalanche
i hope you dont complain about the Moore hit tonight canucks fans
It was an elbow from a journymen to a superstar (causing a concussion), how can we not be mad :mad:.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:50 PM
nucks2001

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAvalanche
i hope you dont complain about the Moore hit tonight canucks fans because that would be just ridiculous. It was very clean.
The hit was not clean.. Was accidental but that doesn't make a play clean. He was going for a head shot with the shoulder which is clean according to the NHL so thats all fine and dandy. Naslund slipped.. I honestly don't think he had time to stop and his elbow wasn't up but there definetley was intent.. was going to be a shoulder though.

Closed Thread