HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks @ Avalanche 2/16

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2004, 10:50 PM
DarioinDenver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
It was an elbow from a journymen to a superstar (causing a concussion), how can we not be mad :mad:.
Is it technically a punch in the face if I run into your fist?

Old
02-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
It was an elbow from a journymen to a superstar (causing a concussion), how can we not be mad :mad:.
A journeyman huh? If you're gonna come onto our turf and mouthout, at least do some homework next time. You'll avoid looking like an idiot.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:58 PM
CanadaAvalanche

Quote:
So since it was a journeyman(has Moore even played for another team?) then it is something to be upset about? But if it was Sakic that threw that hit then you wouldn't be mad?

I still don't think it was a dirty hit at all by Moore. It was Naslund who slipped and fell into his elbow. Moore is not at fault IMO. I guess Moore made a dirty hit because Naslund fell into his elbow, I just don't get that.

Last edited by CanadaAvalanche: 02-16-2004 at 11:02 PM.
Old
02-16-2004, 11:04 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
A journeyman huh? If you're gonna come onto our turf and mouthout, at least do some homework next time. You'll avoid looking like an idiot.
Oh because the casual hockey fan knows who Steve Moore is, I'm guessing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAvalanche
So since it was a journeyman then it is something to be upset about? But if it was Sakic that threw that hit then you wouldn't be mad?

I still don't think it was a dirty hit at all by Moore. It was Naslund who slipped and fell into his elbow. Moore is not at fault IMO. I guess Moore made a dirty hit because Naslund fell into his elbow, I just don't get that.
^It wasn't that bad of a hit by Moore, hell it may have been clean. But the fact that it WAS his elbow, intentional or not, there should have been a penalty on the play. Read my post above, Ensane, all I said is how can you blame Nuck fans for being upset...Naslund has a concussion.

Old
02-16-2004, 11:08 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
^It wasn't that bad of a hit by Moore, hell it may have been clean. But the fact that it WAS his elbow, intentional or not, there should have been a penalty on the play. Read my post above, Ensane, all I said is how can you blame Nuck fans for being upset...Naslund has a concussion.
Ok, you know what. Fair enough.

Old
02-16-2004, 11:09 PM
rpontbriand

Your anger is baised on passion here. My view was that there was no intent by Moore. Do you feel the hook to Morris face was similar? If not your being a big time homer.

Old
02-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Commander Enigma

Man, why is it almost automatic that if the Avs don't need a game as much as the other team they will lose? When was the last time the Avs won a game like that? Game five of the conference finals in 2001? Has it been three years?

Old
02-16-2004, 11:21 PM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy
Man, why is it almost automatic that if the Avs don't need a game as much as the other team they will lose? When was the last time the Avs won a game like that? Game five of the conference finals in 2001? Has it been three years?
Yeah, pretty much

Old
02-16-2004, 11:23 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
Yeah, pretty much
mmmmmno!

I'm thinking game one this season against Chicago.

Old
02-16-2004, 11:32 PM
Commander Enigma

Quote:
mmmmmno!

I'm thinking game one this season against Chicago.
Can you imagine what would have happened if the big debut of the big six had been a loss to the AHL caliber Blackhawks? There would be riots! The villagers would come marching down onto the Pepsi Center with torches and pitchforks! That was a MUST MUST win for the Avs all the way!

Old
02-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy
Can you imagine what would have happened if the big debut of the big six had been a loss to the AHL caliber Blackhawks? There would be riots! The villagers would come marching down onto the Pepsi Center with torches and pitchforks! That was a MUST MUST win for the Avs all the way!
you kill, you kill. ack ack.

Old
02-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Those of you looking for a good hard fought game will be dissapointed. The Canucks have been as flat as I have seen them in the past 3 years on their homestand, and that is likely not going to change. Jovanovski is missed and we have no one to replace what he does. Cloutier will hold the Canucks in, but make no mistake this will be a rout for the Avs.

Old
02-17-2004, 12:11 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
And that's it...the Avs first regulation loss since Jan 17 against San Jose. Vancouver impressed me tonight. I think the game was evenly played but Bertuzzi has the biggest play by knocking out two Avs defenders and giving Daniel Sedin the time and space he needed. Both teams were great on the PK. Colorado's biggest missed opportunity was the four minute power play. I think the Avs had some chances to take some shots but passed instead. I just don't understand how this team can be so tentative at home...it's frustrating. Well folks...we are in a fight here...the Avs have two games in hand but Vancouver only behind by four points now. I was hoping Colorado would have a little killer instinct but credit Vancouver's defense tonight. I think the Avs had only a handful of quality scoring chances. Cloutier was solid. Aebischer had a good game as well, making a couple of dandy saves.
Excellent unbiased summary imo.

Old
02-17-2004, 01:35 AM
rye&ginger

replays clearly show Moore lean back into Naslund. Naslund didnt even have possession as the puck was loose. Whent he puck is loose, focus is on the puck. When the puck is in possession, you dont look at the puck as can avoid hits/make passes etc.. Moore should have used better judgement but its not a clear cut dirty hit. It was a irresponsible play however.

Too bad a decent game was marred by that play.

Old
02-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I hope I don't get labelled as a homer, but I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the hit. I thought Moore knew what he was doing, and that he lead with his elbow. I don't think he meant to catch Naslund in the face, and the fact that he did was because Naslund was falling, methinks. But it was an elbow and he knew what he was doing, and should have at least gotten a 2 minute minor.

A very good game, fun to watch.

~Canucklehead~

02-17-2004, 04:54 AM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

Is Naslund OK?

Old
02-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Gumballhead

Well, my stupid cable was half on the fritz last night, so I could only watch the Sharks-Flyers and Stars-Ducks. Thanks for all the comments, it's all I've heard about the game.

I will be travelling, so I won't see the Avs again until Sunday in Minnesota, but the good news is that it I will be seeing the game in person. ROCK.

Old
02-17-2004, 11:57 AM
babybruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules
Is Naslund OK?
markus has been reported as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. speculation is rampart of course, but IMO that hit had possible concussion written all over it.

Old
02-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Another thing--after Keane got away with his dive, I smiled thinking of the hypocrisy which sometimes emits from the mouths of unnamed Canuck fans on the boards here.
Careful Ensane. You go around not naming those certain Canucks fans and next thing you know they group around you like a bunch of toddlers that all want the same toy. After a brief experience of the playground mentality, they send in the pseudo-intellectual with his thesaurus to assault your avatar. It's quite daunting I must say.

Old
02-17-2004, 01:20 PM
hoserthehorrible

Why the double standard?

If the player getting hurt was Ruutu, Cummins, Keane, McCormick, or a host of other players would anyone have even noticed or cared? If the player delivering the hit were Scott Stevens, or Peca, or Blake, or another "big name" player would anyone have caused such a fuss?

Nobody gave a **** when Derek Morris got hit after the whistle by Brad May and wasn't ready for it. Nobody complained about Burtuzzi running into guys already engaged in a scrum with someone else along the boards late in the game. Nobody complained when Liles took out Ruutu along the boards when Ruutu wasn't ready for it. Nobody *****es about guys getting their heads taken off in front of the net.

Because it was Naslund, and because he happened to get hurt on the play, there's a big brouhaha over it. If it's OK for Forsberg to get mauled on a nightly basis by Ruutu and many other "marginal" players, and if it's OK for Bertuzzi to knock the crap out of people along the boards and in front, and if it's OK for Blake to break people's ribs with his patented hip check in the neutral zone, and if it's OK for other guys like Stevens and Peca to knock guy's heads off in the neutral zone, then there should be no *****ing when Naslund gets hurt because he had his head down and didn't see Moore coming.

Crawford has no problem asking his tough and agitating guys to dish it out but he whines like a little biatch when he's on the other end of the punishment.

Old
02-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Careful Ensane. You go around not naming those certain Canucks fans and next thing you know they group around you like a bunch of toddlers that all want the same toy. After a brief experience of the playground mentality, they send in the pseudo-intellectual with his thesaurus to assault your avatar. It's quite daunting I must say.
They are more than welcome to come onto my turf and try that kind of attitude with me. In fact, it'd make my day.

Apparently I missed the conversation you're speaking of, got a link, or at the very least a detailed synopsis? :p

Oh, and what's your call on the hit. Your opinion is always based off of observation of actual events (rather than the banter of others driven by pure passion). I'm curious as to hear what side of the sand you sit on.

Old
02-17-2004, 02:05 PM
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoserthehorrible
Why the double standard?
Nobody gave a **** when Derek Morris got hit after the whistle by Brad May and wasn't ready for it. Nobody complained about Burtuzzi running into guys already engaged in a scrum with someone else along the boards late in the game. Nobody complained when Liles took out Ruutu along the boards when Ruutu wasn't ready for it. Nobody *****es about guys getting their heads taken off in front of the net.
That too was a debateable late hit. If May got a penalty I doubt anyone would have complained. The rest of those incidents are hockey. However Morris had possession and knew what was going on, or at least should have. Naslund didnt have the puck and was blindsided. Rules dictate that only puck carriers or recent puck carriers can be hit, which is in place for the protection of the players.

Old
02-17-2004, 02:28 PM
Bandwagoner

Don't forget the high stick/slash Forsberg took to the face. I have watched Moore's hit over and over again, and I am sorry, I just don't see the elbow everyone is complaining about. All I see is nasland falling with his head down and Moore leaning his hip into him. I don't see Moore raising his elbow or doing anything like that. I think it's a total overreaction by the Canucks, but hey maybe this is exactly what they need to get their heads out of their arses and actually start putting in a little effort.

Old
02-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger
That too was a debateable late hit. If May got a penalty I doubt anyone would have complained. The rest of those incidents are hockey. However Morris had possession and knew what was going on, or at least should have. Naslund didnt have the puck and was blindsided. Rules dictate that only puck carriers or recent puck carriers can be hit, which is in place for the protection of the players.
But Naslund WAS making an attempt to play the puck. He had his head down, saw Moore at the last moment, attempted to duck out of the way, and that caused him to get hit in the head with an elbow instead of a shoulder. Then he bounced his head off the ice, and that caused his injuries.

Guys getting hit when they haven't played the puck but are trying to happen all the time. They only seem to call the ones that are so far away from the play that it's obvious interference. Heck, I remember Forsberg going behind the net in attempt to play the puck, on a dump and chase, on a power play last night, and him getting slammed into the boards right before he could get his stick on it. But no one is making a big deal out of that.

The only reason this is being talked about is because it was Naslund, and because he was injured. Had it been a "marginal" player that took the big hit but gotten up, no one would have said anything.

I understand Crawford's frustration because the officiating in the NHL sucks over all. But he is wrong for calling the hit a cheap shot, and calling for Michael Jordan type treatment from the refs for his player. IMO, just because you are good doesn't give you the right to be treated differently than anyone else on the ice.

Old
02-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpontbriand
Your anger is baised on passion here. My view was that there was no intent by Moore. Do you feel the hook to Morris face was similar? If not your being a big time homer.
why would you complain about that? cooke was called for it, four minutes in the box. It was accidental.

Closed Thread