HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Canucks @ Avalanche 2/16

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quat
Painting all but a couple of Canucks fans with the same brush just makes you look like a simpleton, which I don't believe you are. Why bother getting offended because there are people who don't share your impartial view of the hockey world? Saving up all the stupid comments written by fans so you can later throw it in their faces, or everyones faces, as you don't seem to see any difference between posters, strikes me as a really dumb way to approach these boards.

Best of luck.
Your right, in a way, but you also aren't repeatedly belittled by a certain fan-base. Every game, and I repeat EVERY game, between the Nucks and Preds all we here about is that our coach "whines", etc. Well guess what.....so does yours. Furthermore, our coach never "whined", he pointed out Bertuzzi's illegal play, and the league quickly fixed the problem. I also find it ironic that it is a Canuck fan that posts a thread about Forsberg diving, yet on their own board they are PRAISING Ruutu for diving. Blatant hypocricy. That is a big pet peeve of mine, and when I see it in action, it burns me. Just flat out burns me. I only named two becaues those are two that I have really come to respect on those boards in my occasional trips over. You are right, though, I shouldn't make generalizations against a fanbase. In fact, that is one of the things I have rallied against frequently since coming to these boards, so in a sense, I was a hypocrite here as well. Still, I'm not going to go out of my way to post threads on the forums belittling Nuck fans, but if a poster responds with the same trite nonsense that always occurs when the Preds/Nucks faceoff. I am more than ready to make them eat their words.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22

The 9 page thread on the NHL board is further proof of how a homer bias can cloud one's mind
It probably has more to do with the sheer volume of Canucks' fans (probably 10-1 compared to many other fans) on this site and has very little to do with homer bias.

Old
02-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
It probably has more to do with the sheer volume of Canucks' fans (probably 10-1 compared to many other fans) on this site and has very little to do with homer bias.
I doubt that. Don't see such a problem with the Oilers or the Bruins who in all likelihood have the Nuck fans beat 2:1.

Old
02-19-2004, 02:44 AM
quat
intheDanRusseljungle

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Man you guys are kinda priceless! Don't you find it rather ironic that all the things you are complaing about Canucks fans (the lowest kind! in the league no less), you are pretty much doing here yourselves?

Personally, I think the hit was cheap, but as many of you point out, it was well within the rules of hockey. Big deal if a bunch of Canucks fans are complaining about it... if the same thing happened to Hedjuk (sp?), of course you'd be talking a lot about it as well. Naslund doesn't level guys like Forsberg or Bertuzzi... so he doesn't draw the same kind of attention most of the time. Peters a horse on the ice, and he'll run you over to get the puck. Bert's the same way, but lacks the same kind of hockey mind (part of a brain? ), that Forsberg has. But both of these players get hacked and held and hooked in most games, and neither are above using some questionable tactics to their advantage. Why get all frothy over Bertuzzi, while ignoring how Forsberg, or Pronger or Weight or who ever else you admire plays the game?

Anyhow, I like reading many HF posters as many seem to have a pretty good sense of the game. I've been a casual student of hockey for years, and it's great to have a forum that rises beyond the usual imbicilic name calling that seems to be pretty much the norm elsewhere (I've been anyhow). If you all pride yourselves on being better than Canucks fans, what's the point in writing out these kinds of posts?

Cya next game!

Old
02-19-2004, 03:06 AM
quat
intheDanRusseljungle

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Your right, in a way, but you also aren't repeatedly belittled by a certain fan-base. Every game, and I repeat EVERY game, between the Nucks and Preds all we here about is that our coach "whines", etc. Well guess what.....so does yours. Furthermore, our coach never "whined", he pointed out Bertuzzi's illegal play, and the league quickly fixed the problem. I also find it ironic that it is a Canuck fan that posts a thread about Forsberg diving, yet on their own board they are PRAISING Ruutu for diving. Blatant hypocricy. That is a big pet peeve of mine, and when I see it in action, it burns me. Just flat out burns me. I only named two becaues those are two that I have really come to respect on those boards in my occasional trips over. You are right, though, I shouldn't make generalizations against a fanbase. In fact, that is one of the things I have rallied against frequently since coming to these boards, so in a sense, I was a hypocrite here as well. Still, I'm not going to go out of my way to post threads on the forums belittling Nuck fans, but if a poster responds with the same trite nonsense that always occurs when the Preds/Nucks faceoff. I am more than ready to make them eat their words.
You are around the Canucks board enough to see that Canuck players and fans get mocked almost everytime they play a game. Different opponents draw different fans ire I suppose.

I'm sure it must be a pain having to listen to people talk about Trotz "whining", and you are correct that voicing concern over a particular players style isn't whining at all... I suppose it's complaining or criticising or whatever else one wants to tag it. But just take a look at almost anyone one posting on this thread that isn't a Canuck fan, and they almost to a poster talk about how much the GM, the Coach, the players and of course the fans are whining, or are babies, etc, etc. Whining has to be the most over used insult on these threads. If anyone raises a concern about something, there is bound to be someone responding with the "whining and *****ing and complaining" comment.

I agree the Ruutu thing was silly, but like I said before, it was just a guy or two... and isn't just pointing something out like that enough to make your point?

I keep reading about how bad the Canucks fans are, how they are all totally homers and are incapable of understanding the basic tenants of the game... but honestly, I fail to see any of the the other fans sites, like the Avs or Oilers or Blues being significantly different.

As for the Preds, I've always respected the quality of hockey they've put on the ice. Often the game it's self has been more important to the organization than just winning games, and I've got a lot of respect for that. It's great to see the team starting to succeed now in the standings. The only thing I've heard about Trotz, is what a great coach and motivator he is. It certainly seems to be the case now... but the guy is certainly not above using the media to further his own ends. That's hardly a stain on his character, and I don't understand why you feel it must be so. I certainly don't feel any insult when people call Crawford "old yeller" or whathave you... it's obvious. But that doesn't necessarily make him a crappy coach. Burke has been a god send for Canucks fans, but his character is so obnoxious that 50% of Vancouver fans hate his guts! I dunno... this all seems kinda over blown... heh... but then I'm doing my part as well! Blah Blah Blah.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Miller259

Location: "If hockeys to tough, go play tennis"-Bryan Marchment, Colorado Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by quat
if the same thing happened to Hedjuk (sp?), of course you'd be talking a lot about it as well.

It did. Matvichuck knocked him out of the 1999-00 playoffs with a late hit that broke his collar bone in the Western finals. Just thought you oughta know.

Closed Thread