HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa

Old
06-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Monk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Shall we start this conversation again?

Hossa doesn't have much of a choice here - he wants to go to a Cup contender, but most Cup contenders don't have the cap space for him. If he wants a big payday, he'll have to sign with a lesser team. Here's where we come in.

I guess the question is, would you sacrifice getting one of our coveted d-men, in order to throw the moon at Hossa?

Say, Morrison, Rozsival, and Hossa.....as opposed to, Redden, Morrison, Rozsival, and Vrbata?
Actually, I don't like either of those any more or less than the other. Both are ok with me. Vast improvements.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 09:24 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:

Hossa doesn't have much of a choice here - he wants to go to a Cup contender, but most Cup contenders don't have the cap space for him. If he wants a big payday, he'll have to sign with a lesser team. Here's where we come in.

I guess the question is, would you sacrifice getting one of our coveted d-men, in order to throw the moon at Hossa?

Say, Morrison, Rozsival, and Hossa.....as opposed to, Redden, Morrison, Rozsival, and Vrbata?
In addition, you could always try to trade for a guy like Filip Kuba or Mike Van Ryn or Joe Corvo or Tom Pressing or Philip Boucher or Matt Carle or Sami Salo -- all guys making $3.5 million or less.

Those are cheap deals in this market.

If you fill the other holes via UFA, you'd still have all your assets (whatever assets we have) to make a deal like that.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 09:38 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

I'd do it in a friggin heart beat...

Quote:

Nash Morrison Hossa... rock on!!!!

JBo Hedja
Rozsival Klesla

If you grab the 1st 3 guys it makes it much easier to sign JBo to the offer sheet/ FLA takes our 1sts... they are lottery picks.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote