HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Everything's going to be fine

Old
06-21-2008, 02:32 PM
hoax15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Everything's going to be fine

Hey guys I wouldn't worry about being out of the playoffs next year because just look at our line-up:

Booth-Weiss-Horton
Olesz-Matthias-UFA Signing(Ryder, or any on the market) or Frolik, only if he's ready.
Zednik-Kreps-McLean
Belak/Kilger-Campbell-Dvorak
Peltonen and Stumpel are not needed.

Ballard-Bouwmeester
Skrastins-Van Ryn
Allen-Welch
Boynton
Murphy is not needed, nor any of our UFA's or RFA's.

Vokoun
Andy

Think about it we have an amazing goaltending duo (top 5 of the conference on a BAD season), we have an extremely solid d (top 4-5 in the conference, and we have an average offense (top 10 in the conference. Thats atleast a playoff spot, and we are a young team with a young coach so who knows how much better we could do.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:54 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Top 10 offense? You sure?

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:56 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Top 10 offense? O REALLY? LINK?

Only the Islanders have a worst offense.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:58 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Top 10 offense? You sure?
Top 10-11 in the conference yeah, not in the whole NHL. Theres 4 teams that have worse offense or are close to ours: Islanders, Boston, Toronto, New Jersey.

Toronto and Senators O are more like ours. We got a better D and Goaltending duo then both though.

Old
06-21-2008, 03:01 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
In the conference yeah, not in the whole NHL. Theres 6 teams that have worse offense or are close to ours: Islanders, Boston, New Jersey Atlanta, Toronto, New Jersey.

Toronto and Senators O are more like ours. We got a better D and Goaltending duo then both though.
First off all. Top 10 means nothing to me. What you are really saying is 10th. See, that is the spin.

Boston and New Jersey have a better offense and Atlanta might too. Keep in mind we Lost our #1 scorer who easily led this team.

We are nothing like Ottawa as they have a top line. You prove in every post that you don't know what you are talking about.

Old
06-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Booth10

In the new NHL a lot of your offense comes from your blueline. The ability to get out of your zone quickly is very important.

Booth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Slick Cat

These threads sticking up for martin keep getting funnier by the minute. We will be very lucky to not be the worst scoring team in the league. We have lost our only consistent scorer without replacing his numbers, we are expecting rookies to pick up the slack, and our productive number two line will now be a number one line (by default becasue they are no where near a number one line) playing against top d pairings and we have no second line at all.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:09 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
First off all. Top 10 means nothing to me. What you are really saying is 10th. See, that is the spin.

Boston and New Jersey have a better offense and Atlanta might too. Keep in mind we Lost our #1 scorer who easily led this team.

We are nothing like Ottawa as they have a top line. You prove in every post that you don't know what you are talking about.
I erased Atlanta because they kinda got a better one that us, but NJ scored the 2nd least goals in the NHL, behind the islanders. Ottawa only has a top line, we are evenly distrubuted. Ottawa was a bad example.

Old
06-21-2008, 03:14 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
These threads sticking up for martin keep getting funnier by the minute. We will be very lucky to not be the worst scoring team in the league. We have lost our only consistent scorer without replacing his numbers, we are expecting rookies to pick up the slack, and our productive number two line will now be a number one line (by default becasue they are no where near a number one line) playing against top d pairings and we have no second line at all.
Agreed.

We have a good second line now playing as a first line which is now a bad first line with no second line. ROFL. Watch Booth-Weiss-Horton struggle against top pairing d-men. They like the rookies are given too much responsibility. Sigh, this upcoming season is going to be terrible. Even if we win games they are going to be so boring to watch.

Old
06-21-2008, 03:16 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Agreed.

We have a good second line now playing as a first line which is now a bad first line with no second line. ROFL. Watch Booth-Weiss-Horton struggle against top pairing d-men. They like the rookies are given too much responsibility. Sigh, this upcoming season is going to be terrible. Even if we win games they are going to be so boring to watch.
How are Weiss and Horton rookies...? Booth is also in his junior NHL season after many years in college...

Old
06-21-2008, 03:19 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Agreed.

They played against the best players of every team during about the whole year...

Do you actually know something about hockey and this team ?

If these guys were good to go against any line in the conference, I wouldn't be afraid going in the season with those guys as our first line !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
How are Weiss and Horton rookies...? Booth is also in his junior NHL season after many years in college...
I think he means, "they, like the rookies, are given too much responsibility."

However, at the end of the day, they're the ones that are going to have to step up. That's why they (Horton & Weiss) have the contracts that they do.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
THe rookies are Mattias and Frolik, you know the ones that martin keeps saying will be ready to pick up the scoring. But you knew that didn't you?

Old
06-21-2008, 03:21 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
I think he means, "they, like the rookies, are given too much responsibility.

-ghoste
Matthias = Ready, Frolik = Almost ready. Lets get Matthias up here and Frolik in the AHL.

Quote:
THe rookies are Mattias and Frolik, you know the ones that martin keeps saying will be ready to pick up the scoring. But you knew that didn't you?
Dude I bet you don't even know the process of how you buy-out someone without looking it up.

Old
06-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Matthias = Ready, Frolik = Almost ready. Lets get Matthias up here and Frolik in the AHL.
That's how I look at it. Realistically, I would like both to start in Rochester but if we have to, I'd like to only bring Matthias up to the big league level.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:28 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
That's how I look at it. Realistically, I would like both to start in Rochester but if we have to, I'd like to only bring Matthias up to the big league level.

-ghoste
Oh yeah if we can get both in the AHL and still be able to produce what they can then that would be great.

Old
06-21-2008, 03:30 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagr View Post
They played against the best players of every team during about the whole year...

Do you actually know something about hockey and this team ?

If these guys were good to go against any line in the conference, I wouldn't be afraid going in the season with those guys as our first line !
Jokinen frequently got the attention of the other team's top dman

I know a lot. That line wasn't together for the entire season.

What does your convoluted last statement mean?

Old
06-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:

Dude I bet you don't even know the process of how you buy-out someone without looking it up.
OK dude, get off your surfboard and wake up. WHat does the buy out have to do with anything and yes I do know. Your posts are not only incredibly off but now you're showing your imaturity. We should have known we were dealing with a middle school kid. And that top ten offense comment, now that was a classic, even for you.

Old
06-21-2008, 03:45 PM
hoax15

Quote:
OK dude, get off your surfboard and wake up. WHat does the buy out have to do with anything and yes I do know. Your posts are not only incredibly off but now you're showing your imaturity. We should have known we were dealing with a middle school kid. And that top ten offense comment, now that was a classic, even for you.
You're little "But you knew that didn't you?" comment was attemping to make me sound stupid when it came to hockey so I attacked it.

Old
06-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Jokinen frequently got the attention of the other team's top dman

I know a lot. That line wasn't together for the entire season.

What does your convoluted last statement mean?
Okay, What do you guys feel about Hossa coming here? He declined Pitts offer,which means he's UFA, and he did play for Martin in Ottawa, so maybe JM will bring him here. I feel we can trade or buyout Stump,Pelt,even Dvo if we need and bring in Hossa as our #1 go to guy. I know we might have some cap room issues,but we have players we can dump to make room.

I wouldn't mind a Horton-Matthias-Hossa line, its not such a far off thought.

Here is my lineups

Horton - Matthias - Hossa
Booth- Weiss- Olesz
Zednik- Kreps - Frolik
Monty- Mclean- Belak

Boynton- Bo
Allen - Ballard
Skrats- Welch
Johansen as 7th D... I am almost tempted to say trade Allen and keep Cully, Allen hasn't really impressed me much and Cully has shown more heart than Allen.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:50 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Okay, What do you guys feel about Hossa coming here? He declined Pitts offer,which means he's UFA, and he did play for Martin in Ottawa, so maybe JM will bring him here. I feel we can trade or buyout Stump,Pelt,even Dvo if we need and bring in Hossa as our #1 go to guy. I know we might have some cap room issues,but we have players we can dump to make room.

Here is my lineups

Booth- Weiss- Olesz
Zednik- Kreps - Frolik
Monty- Mclean- Belak

Boynton- Bo
Allen - Ballard
Skrats- Welch
Johansen as 7th D... I am almost tempted to say trade Allen and keep Cully, Allen hasn't really impressed me much and Cully has shown more heart than Allen.
Hossa wouldn't come here unless we threw BIIIIG bucks which is possible if we cut the useless D-men (which we will). Matthias is NHL ready but i don't know about first line minutes, lets give him second line minutes and let BWH come first.

Old
06-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Bystander

Quote:
Hey guys I wouldn't worry about being out of the playoffs next year because just look at our line-up:

Booth-Weiss-Horton
Olesz-Matthias-UFA Signing(Ryder, or any on the market) or Frolik, only if he's ready.
Zednik-Kreps-McLean
Belak/Kilger-Campbell-Dvorak
Peltonen and Stumpel are not needed.

Ballard-Bouwmeester
Skrastins-Van Ryn
Allen-Welch
Boynton
Murphy is not needed, nor any of our UFA's or RFA's.

Vokoun
Andy

Think about it we have an amazing goaltending duo (top 5 of the conference on a BAD season), we have an extremely solid d (top 4-5 in the conference, and we have an average offense (top 10 in the conference. Thats atleast a playoff spot, and we are a young team with a young coach so who knows how much better we could do.

WOW, two kids who have yet to play a single game outside of Juniors are counted on to be second line players - playing 15 - 20 minutes a night and score consistently and you think we have a playoff team???? WOW, just WOW

Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:55 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bystander View Post
WOW, two kids who have yet to play a single game outside of Juniors are counted on to be second line players - playing 15 - 20 minutes a night and score consistently and you think we have a playoff team???? WOW, just WOW
LOL, this shows how little you know about our club. Matthias played 4 NHL games and scored 2 goals this past season. Frolik isn't ready, but JM and the panthers scouting crew make it sound like he is. I still can't believe you didn't know Matthias played 4 games.

Old
06-21-2008, 04:02 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post

Here is my lineups

Booth- Weiss- Olesz
Zednik- Kreps - Frolik
Monty- Mclean- Belak

Boynton- Bo
Allen - Ballard
Skrats- Welch
Would love Hossa but taking on Boynton's ridiculous contract makes me think we don't even have the money to make an offer.

Allen hasn't impressed me either. I think he is solid but isn't great. To me his biggest problem is his skating ability. Otherwise I like what he brings.

Old
06-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Bystander

Quote:
LOL, this shows how little you know about our club. Matthias played 4 NHL games and scored 2 goals this past season. Frolik isn't ready, but JM and the panthers scouting crew make it sound like he is. I still can't believe you didn't know Matthias played 4 games.
I know Matthias played a whopping four games on this team, also know that he scored 2 goals in one game also know that both goals were as fluky as can be also know that he needs a ton of conditioning and strength to build his body also know that he was a deer in headlights in the locker room also know that you have zero idea of what you are talking about.

Last edited by Panthers Rock: 06-21-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: flaming
Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote