HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trade to the Ducks?

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2004, 01:10 PM
kyle

vCash: 500
Trade to the Ducks?

Throughout the whole Comrie ordeal, one player that the Oilers never showed interest in was Rob Niedermayer.

Niedermayer is fairly big (especially compared to our centremen) at 6'2" and 209lbs. He is at 65% on the draw and the main thing I noticed about him last season in the playoff run was his speed. I think he would fit in really well but as a #2 Centreman. I don't know what we offer but apparently the Ducks are listening to offers.

Thoughts?

Old
02-16-2004, 01:15 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle
Throughout the whole Comrie ordeal, one player that the Oilers never showed interest in was Rob Niedermayer.

Niedermayer is fairly big (especially compared to our centremen) at 6'2" and 209lbs. He is at 65% on the draw and the main thing I noticed about him last season in the playoff run was his speed. I think he would fit in really well but as a #2 Centreman. I don't know what we offer but apparently the Ducks are listening to offers.

Thoughts?
one problem...

he makes 2.1 mil, and he hasn't gotten more than 33 points in any of the last 6 seasons.

Old
02-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Izzy4Real

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I've seen him enough in his Calgary days to know he is BAD news. His nickname wasn't Special Nieds for nothing.

Old
02-16-2004, 01:24 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

injury prone, big time pass.

Old
02-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle

Thoughts?
I guess that's the difference. I don't see much in Nieds beyond a #3 centreman if that, not a #2. He's never panned out anywheres, although he did well for the Ducks last year, but that's only the most recent stop in his journeyman career. $2.1 million for a possible #2, but more likely in #3? No thanks, we already have Reasoner in that role.

Old
02-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Mr Sakich

I met the family that he stayed with when he played for Med Hat Tigres. Apparently, he is the nicest kid they ever met, not at all like the prototypical arrogant big fish in a little pond that many Junior hockey players seem to be. He is a devout Christian as well.

Because of that, I have followed his career and have always pulled for him. Unfortunatley, he has not panned out like he was expected to. He is a real good guy in the dressing room but his upside is what Ethan Moreau is giving us right now. Rob does not belong on anyone's top two lines.

If the Rangers were smart, they would have 6 guys like him on their bottom two lines for the same dollars as one Jagr.

Closed Thread