HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Am I Missing Something?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2008, 06:35 PM
  #1
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,825
vCash: 500
Am I Missing Something?

Been meaning to mention this but yet another thing JM the GM has said numerious times this off-season that causes me heartburn is that he is depending heavily on prospects like Matthias, Frolik and Repek to produce offensively this coming season. And he states the reason he can feel like that is the success Chicago's rookies had this past season. I may be wrong but I thought Chicago failed to make the Playoffs this season. And he's using that example as hope the youngsters lead us to the Playoff Promised Land? I guess I'm missing something because I thought missing the Playoffs in 2008/09 was unacceptable to this Ownership and Management.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 06:40 PM
  #2
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,929
vCash: 835
Are you serious? C'mon.

He's talking about their production. I don't understand how you guys can be so negative all day. It's unhealthy.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 06:40 PM
  #3
Eadig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 604
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Been meaning to mention this but yet another thing JM the GM has said numerious times this off-season that causes me heartburn is that he is depending heavily on prospects like Matthias, Frolik and Repek to produce offensively this coming season. And he states the reason he can feel like that is the success Chicago's rookies had this past season. I may be wrong but I thought Chicago failed to make the Playoffs this season. And he's using that example as hope the youngsters lead us to the Playoff Promised Land? I guess I'm missing something because I thought missing the Playoffs in 2008/09 was unacceptable to this Ownership and Management.
Never heard of JM talk about Repik.
And if you listened to his interviews he talks about how the young players like Kane and Towes stepped up and were a big part of the team he never said anything about Matthias and Frolik carrying this team to the playoffs...

Eadig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 06:41 PM
  #4
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Been meaning to mention this but yet another thing JM the GM has said numerious times this off-season that causes me heartburn is that he is depending heavily on prospects like Matthias, Frolik and Repek to produce offensively this coming season. And he states the reason he can feel like that is the success Chicago's rookies had this past season. I may be wrong but I thought Chicago failed to make the Playoffs this season. And he's using that example as hope the youngsters lead us to the Playoff Promised Land? I guess I'm missing something because I thought missing the Playoffs in 2008/09 was unacceptable to this Ownership and Management.
Never said Repik. Chicago didn't have as solid of a D and had 1 good goaltender that came in late....

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 06:47 PM
  #5
Booth10
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Been meaning to mention this but yet another thing JM the GM has said numerious times this off-season that causes me heartburn is that he is depending heavily on prospects like Matthias, Frolik and Repek to produce offensively this coming season. And he states the reason he can feel like that is the success Chicago's rookies had this past season. I may be wrong but I thought Chicago failed to make the Playoffs this season. And he's using that example as hope the youngsters lead us to the Playoff Promised Land? I guess I'm missing something because I thought missing the Playoffs in 2008/09 was unacceptable to this Ownership and Management.
Your not missing anything, if your attempting to slant something to prove your point. Matter of fact you did a great job.

I think he was pointing to the fact that 18 yr olds came in and were productive.

Matthias and Frolik are 20. So in my mind, he is saying they are ready.

he could have used Backstrom in Washington as an example.

Booth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 06:49 PM
  #6
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eadig View Post
Never heard of JM talk about Repik.
And if you listened to his interviews he talks about how the young player like Kane and Towes stepped up and were a big part of the team he never said anything about Matthias and Frolik carrying this team to the playoffs...
He has said missing the Playoffs is unacceptable next season and has said he is depending on Matthias and Frolik to make contributions like Kane and Toews did for Chicago. I'm merely saying with contributions like those of Kane and Toews Chicago failed to make the Playoffs. Something more is needed even in the unlikely event Matthias and Frolik are 2008/09's Kane and Toews, especially without Jokinen.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 06:51 PM
  #7
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
He has said missing the Playoffs is unacceptable next season and has said he is depending on Matthias and Frolik to make contributions like Kane and Toews did for Chicago. I'm merely saying with contributions like those of Kane and Toews Chicago failed to make the Playoffs. Something more is needed even in the unlikely event Matthias and Frolik are 2008/09's Kane and Toews, especially without Jokinen.
Matthias i'm fine with, Frolik i'd have to see for myself because we haven't seen him in a while. They can both make an impact, not ask big as if we drop them down this year but they are both 20 years old...

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 07:02 PM
  #8
RoadDoggFL
Registered User
 
RoadDoggFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: Colombia
Posts: 4,804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Been meaning to mention this but yet another thing JM the GM has said numerious times this off-season that causes me heartburn is that he is depending heavily on prospects like Matthias, Frolik and Repek to produce offensively this coming season. And he states the reason he can feel like that is the success Chicago's rookies had this past season. I may be wrong but I thought Chicago failed to make the Playoffs this season. And he's using that example as hope the youngsters lead us to the Playoff Promised Land? I guess I'm missing something because I thought missing the Playoffs in 2008/09 was unacceptable to this Ownership and Management.
What you're missing is probably that Martin feels the rest of this team is better than the rest of the Blackhawks.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 07:05 PM
  #9
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
What you're missing is probably that Martin feels the rest of this team is better than the rest of the Blackhawks.
exactly.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 07:16 PM
  #10
Eadig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 604
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
He has said missing the Playoffs is unacceptable next season and has said he is depending on Matthias and Frolik to make contributions like Kane and Toews did for Chicago. I'm merely saying with contributions like those of Kane and Toews Chicago failed to make the Playoffs. Something more is needed even in the unlikely event Matthias and Frolik are 2008/09's Kane and Toews, especially without Jokinen.
JM is not comparing them, I guarantee that JM would take Kane/Towes over Matthias/Frolik. Hes talking about how young players like Kane and Towes helped their team but you and your weird mind takes it more literally then JM says it. JM talks about how young guys contribute "like" Kane and Towes and would like to see Matthias and Frolik make an impact. What your trying to spin is that JM thinks that Kane/Towes=Matthias/Frolik. I would love to be given a trade for those four to swap teams and JM just say "nah Matthias and Frolik are just as good as those calder finalists."


Last edited by Eadig: 06-21-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Eadig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 07:55 PM
  #11
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
What you're missing is probably that Martin feels the rest of this team is better than the rest of the Blackhawks.
He's not missing that, he's choosing to ignore it because it supports his stance.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!

Last edited by Panthers Rock: 06-21-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: flaming
Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 08:20 PM
  #12
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Are you serious? C'mon.

He's talking about their production. I don't understand how you guys can be so negative all day. It's unhealthy.-ghoste
Yeah, it really is!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.