HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bank Shot v.s. Brownlee & Stauffer

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2008, 01:34 PM
  #51
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow View Post
i just wanted to point out what a bunch of thin skinned losers you guys are if you can't take alittle bashing. at least bob doesn't hide behind a fake name on radio or these boards.
I think most on here including Bank Shot thought it was funny (I didn't hear it)

The fact that Bob has to stoop to insult people that are hiding behind a fake name on a hockey board is what I find interesting.

Why did he do so?

Because some no-name dweep nerd hockey poster insulted him while hiding behind a fake name.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 01:36 PM
  #52
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: EVIL EMPIRE
Country: United Nations
Posts: 58,890
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
I think most on here including Bank Shot thought it was funny (I didn't hear it)

The fact that Bob has to stoop to insult people that are hiding behind a fake name on a hockey board is what I find interesting.

Why did he do so?

Because some no-name dweep nerd hockey poster insulting him while hiding behind a fake name.

and that is my point--it was sureal what was going on and quickly turned into the missing Faulty Towers episode

__________________
"If the Detroit Red Wings are defying gravity" by consistently contending without the benefit of high draft picks, "the Edmonton Oilers are defying lift.

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 01:38 PM
  #53
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
and that is my point--it was sureal what was going on and quickly turned into the missing Faulty Towers episode
I didn't hear it but from what you are all saying that is exactly what it seems like.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 01:40 PM
  #54
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
I think most on here including Bank Shot thought it was funny (I didn't hear it)

The fact that Bob has to stoop to insult people that are hiding behind a fake name on a hockey board is what I find interesting.

Why did he do so?

Because some no-name dweep nerd hockey poster insulted him while hiding behind a fake name.
I find this way of looking at things funny too. Stauffe apparently makes a big deal about the fact that we don't use our own names and that means we are 'hiding'. Hiding from who? Anybody who has been on this board for more than 1 month knows that if you say something stupid you have a 98% chance of it never being forgotten and brought up over and over again. It is far more hazardous than talking with people you know who tend to cut you a break after a time. And it isn't as though 99% of the population in Edmonton would recognize Bob if they bumped into him or even recognize his name for that matter so its not clear to me how his situation is so different. He has a group of peers who are familiar with what he says and judge him accordingly. Isn't that how this board works?

theoil is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 01:40 PM
  #55
undertow
Registered User
 
undertow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil View Post
hopefully the station makes improvements as their ratings drop. And I believe their ratings have dropped in consecutive quarters.
ratings are droping cause of sat radio, online, and mp3. theres not to many friends or family of mine that even listen to local radio anymore. why would u wana? howard wants listeners so bad sirius gives away radios with subscriptions paid for. or go the smart way and get xm. or just go to online world of listenin pleasure.

undertow is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 01:42 PM
  #56
undertow
Registered User
 
undertow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
I think most on here including Bank Shot thought it was funny (I didn't hear it)

The fact that Bob has to stoop to insult people that are hiding behind a fake name on a hockey board is what I find interesting.

Why did he do so?

Because some no-name dweep nerd hockey poster insulted him while hiding behind a fake name.
why wouldn't he when he knows alot of his listeners use these boards as thier online forum?

undertow is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 01:46 PM
  #57
undertow
Registered User
 
undertow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
you ppl seem to have some complexe about radio personalities talk over airwaves about online chat. i don't understand why there's a problem with it. bob promotes these boards and the website daily. then you find it wierd that he talks directly to one of the posters opinions. give your heads a shake please.

undertow is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 01:50 PM
  #58
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow View Post
why wouldn't he when he knows alot of his listeners use these boards as thier online forum?
Yes, he insults them because he knows that it will be mentioned here and that those same listeners will turn his show on.

That is why I used the word stoop before.

It's a crappy way to get listeners but it is his profession. I am glad I don't have to do that in my profession.

Biting the hand that feeds you to you can get more fans so you can bite them too seems like an odd way to try to attact listeners but I don't have any sources and don't work for the radio so what do I know.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 01:53 PM
  #59
undertow
Registered User
 
undertow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Yes, he insults them because he knows that it will be mentioned here and that those same listeners will turn his show on.

That is why I used the word stoop before.

It's a crappy way to get listeners but it is his profession. I am glad I don't have to do that in my profession.

talk radio has always been about gettin the listers mad and callin in. bob and mark where the black/white version. some radio shows use fake callers to say something outragous just to get the phones ringing.

undertow is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 01:56 PM
  #60
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow View Post
talk radio has always been about gettin the listers mad and callin in. bob and mark where the black/white version. some radio shows use fake callers to say something outragous just to get the phones ringing.
Do those shock Radio stations find a message board that contains many of their listeners and take pot shots at them?

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 02:04 PM
  #61
undertow
Registered User
 
undertow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Do those shock Radio stations find a message board that contains many of their listeners and take pot shots at them?
it doesn't matter which style of talk u listen to.
basicly any talk show that has listerns does it.
its called interaction with the listeners.

undertow is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 02:10 PM
  #62
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow View Post
it doesn't matter which style of talk u listen to.
basicly any talk show that has listerns does it.
its called interaction with the listeners.


No, Bank wasn't calling them and wasn't on his show.

Yes Howard Stern will insult a person that is calling him but he doesn't go on to a website packed with his listeners and then insult them.

Even Stern doesn't stoop that low!

The fact that you are comparing Stauffer to shock radio is actually pretty insulting to Stauffer's show. In your rush to defend him you are actually completly insulting him.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 02:17 PM
  #63
Hemskyfanboy83
Registered User
 
Hemskyfanboy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,947
vCash: 500
Now I don't live in Edmonton so I don't listen to 1260, but I find it pretty funny that a member of the media would insult somebody who is questioning them.

Gm's get questioned by the media all the time. Could you imagine if Bob said something negative about Lowe and then Lowe got on TV with TSN and said something like "I don't care what the idiots like Bob on the 1260 have to say. They have nothing better to do than to play arm chair GM. They need to get a life."

Something tells me Bob wouldn't take that so well. (I don't know if Bob questions Lowe, but I am assuming he questions somebody in the org).

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 02:19 PM
  #64
undertow
Registered User
 
undertow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post


No, Bank wasn't calling them and wasn't on his show.

Yes Howard Stern will insult a person that is calling him but he doesn't go on to a website packed with his listeners and then insult them.

Even Stern doesn't stoop that low!

The fact that you are comparing Stauffer to shock radio is actually pretty insulting to Stauffer's show. In your rush to defend him you are actually completly insulting him.
your the 1 talking shock radio. i'm saying any talk radio with listeners has a forum to interact with them. if they'r not online they'll be left wondering what happen to the good ol times. i'm not talkin insults and blind bashing. i don't know the history of bank and bob. but i still don't find anything wrong with a radio host mentioning a posters name from a forum that the host uses as it main forum.

undertow is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 02:21 PM
  #65
undertow
Registered User
 
undertow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
Now I don't live in Edmonton so I don't listen to 1260, but I find it pretty funny that a member of the media would insult somebody who is questioning them.

Gm's get questioned by the media all the time. Could you imagine if Bob said something negative about Lowe and then Lowe got on TV with TSN and said something like "I don't care what the idiots like Bob on the 1260 have to say. They have nothing better to do than to play arm chair GM. They need to get a life."

Something tells me Bob wouldn't take that so well. (I don't know if Bob questions Lowe, but I am assuming he questions somebody in the org).
bob use to work for tsn before 1260 fired up.

undertow is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 02:28 PM
  #66
ThePhoenixx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,131
vCash: 500
Monkeys sling feces.

Humans sling insults.

Ain't evolution grand!

ThePhoenixx is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 02:29 PM
  #67
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow View Post
your the 1 talking shock radio. i'm saying any talk radio with listeners has a forum to interact with them. if they'r not online they'll be left wondering what happen to the good ol times. i'm not talkin insults and blind bashing. i don't know the history of bank and bob. but i still don't find anything wrong with a radio host mentioning a posters name from a forum that the host uses as it main forum.
So you think it is fine for a host of a radio show to go and find a website and just insult people?

Let me guess you are from the facebook generation!

It's a grand new world.


Last edited by hockeyaddict101: 06-22-2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: fine not fun (though that fits too)
hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 02:32 PM
  #68
Hemskyfanboy83
Registered User
 
Hemskyfanboy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow View Post
bob use to work for tsn before 1260 fired up.
That is far from the point. Let's change it to the CBC if it makes you feel better.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 02:35 PM
  #69
hillbillypriest
Registered User
 
hillbillypriest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: there there
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow View Post
you ppl seem to have some complexe about radio personalities talk over airwaves about online chat. i don't understand why there's a problem with it. bob promotes these boards and the website daily. then you find it wierd that he talks directly to one of the posters opinions. give your heads a shake please.
Who asked him to promote HFboards? It's now an invitation only shop. In reality, he comes to HFB to promote his show (which is OK), but he does so because he knows we're interested in what he's selling. So why does he have to insult us all for having the same passion for hockey that is the fundamental basis for any ratings his show has? Makes me grumpy.

hillbillypriest is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 02:36 PM
  #70
PaperDesigner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
The one thing I will say in Stauffer's defence is that he had the right to defend himself. As long as it was limited to deconstructing the claims of that particular post. Stauffer does have legitimate sources, and he does have a right to refute any claims otherwise.

PaperDesigner is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 02:36 PM
  #71
undertow
Registered User
 
undertow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
So you think it is fun for a host of a radio show to go and find a website and just insult people?

Let me guess you are from the facebook generation!

It's a grand new world.
you always put words into other peoples mouth?

bob promotes these forums daily... like i said earlier
alot of his listeners are using the website to listen which means they are a click click away from hf. what don't u understand?

undertow is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:14 PM
  #72
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 53,840
vCash: 500
Unless they are provoked, what's the sense of calling out guys on a message board??? message boards are usually filled with absolute die hard fans, guys that can't seem to get enough talking about their team. The same kind of guys that would listen to guys talk about their team for insight. By getting into a pissing match and talking down to these people in essence they are biting the hand that feeds them.

This is why people like Guy, Dean, and Tencer post here, to attract these "super fans" to their work. They are wise and use this resource to strengthen their fan base and the quality of their fanbase.

Guy has been one of the biggest contributors to this board if not THE biggest contributor. He shares insight with those that appreciate it and respect him, he's the type of a guy that deserves to move up in the scene because he talks to people, not over them as if he's better than they are. I really don't listen to much sports radio outside of Guy's show for numerous reasons. And hearing all of this negativity certainly won't get me wanting to listen to more radio programming.

As far as I'm concerned they appear to be showing the same type of arrongance that some bloggers show. That is not my idea of good reading/listening.

Yet they take stabs at the bloggers??? Pot meet kettle.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:49 PM
  #73
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow View Post
you always put words into other peoples mouth?

bob promotes these forums daily... like i said earlier
alot of his listeners are using the website to listen which means they are a click click away from hf. what don't u understand?
I understand so because they promote the board it is ok to just on people and insult people on a message board?

I think is you that doesn't understand that decent human beings don't do that!

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 05:04 PM
  #74
Psycho Dad
Registered User
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 11,162
vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
You need to learn your place--before you go picking a fight with this junkyarddog
Where have I heard this before?

Oh yes, a little thread I started, that was ruined by your small IQ and big mouth.

SEE! The arrogance and ignorance!

Thousands of posts, most of them absolute garbage. Making this Oilers forum look like a den of imbeciles.

And back on topic: Stauffer has done a pretty fine job in this market, reporting on this team, and dealing with some of these absolutely moronic posters. If he wants to take a shot back, I say do it. Quite a few "Ha ha me right you wrong" idiots need to be put in their places.


Last edited by Psycho Dad: 06-22-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Psycho Dad is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 05:25 PM
  #75
undertow
Registered User
 
undertow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
I understand so because they promote the board it is ok to just on people and insult people on a message board?

I think is you that doesn't understand that decent human beings don't do that!
he did it on his show, not on these boards.

and theres a thing called freedom of speech. if i don't like somone i'm aloud to voice my opinion. you don't have to listen or agree.

undertow is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.