HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers transition game and offense

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2008, 04:27 PM
  #126
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
ROFL @ Hoax the hypocrite. I went to the main trade forum and he is talking about how his "ass hurts" and he thinks we might finish in last place now after he learns of the trade. No mention of his new obsession with Ballard or how good Boynton is until later!

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:29 PM
  #127
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I already have, repeatedly. Sorry, you now will be known on this board as a dishonest little child who doesn't man up when he's wrong. Enjoy.
I'm so sad. GO post on the main boards about what we have been discussing. I'm sorry you bring up so many things for me to correct it becomes hard to keep in mind what I'm discussing and with who! Sorry I brutally owned you. Again, if you need further confirmation of your inability to see the Panthers for what they are go to the main boards and start a discussion.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:35 PM
  #128
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
I remember missesbouw we were talking about who had the best D in the conference and then the NHL. I named two teams who were better than a whole bunch more. Go ask that on the main boards!

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:39 PM
  #129
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
ROFL @ Hoax the hypocrite. I went to the main trade forum and he is talking about how his "ass hurts" and he thinks we might finish in last place now after he learns of the trade. No mention of his new obsession with Ballard or how good Boynton is until later!
That was when I was freaking out that Olli is gone, you're the idiot who cant tell I've changed my mind since the MOMENT it happened.

hoax15 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:43 PM
  #130
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
That was when I was freaking out that Olli is gone, you're the idiot who cant tell I've changed my mind since the MOMENT it happened.
? It was clear you had no idea who Ballard was nor did you know much about Boynton or else you wouldn't have taken such a negative view. You have done a complete 180. You said "my ass hurts" which leads me to believe you had no clue who Ballard was!

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:43 PM
  #131
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
I'm so sad. GO post on the main boards about what we have been discussing. I'm sorry you bring up so many things for me to correct it becomes hard to keep in mind what I'm discussing and with who! Sorry I brutally owned you. Again, if you need further confirmation of your inability to see the Panthers for what they are go to the main boards and start a discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
I remember missesbouw we were talking about who had the best D in the conference and then the NHL. I named two teams who were better than a whole bunch more. Go ask that on the main boards!
LOL. Keep on digging yourself a bigger hole.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:44 PM
  #132
PanthersFanatic12
Registered User
 
PanthersFanatic12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
I'm so sad. GO post on the main boards about what we have been discussing. I'm sorry you bring up so many things for me to correct it becomes hard to keep in mind what I'm discussing and with who! Sorry I brutally owned you. Again, if you need further confirmation of your inability to see the Panthers for what they are go to the main boards and start a discussion.
people of the main boards may take ur side because they hardly pay attention to the panthers games and probably seen more of the other teams u mentionned and will think there better.

PanthersFanatic12 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:46 PM
  #133
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFanatic12 View Post
people of the main boards may take ur side because they hardly pay attention to the panthers games and probably seen more of the other teams u mentionned and will think there better.
He's either:

A) Going to say you spun something.

OR

B) Attempt to put you down.

hoax15 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:48 PM
  #134
Booth10
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
I'm so sad. GO post on the main boards about what we have been discussing. I'm sorry you bring up so many things for me to correct it becomes hard to keep in mind what I'm discussing and with who! Sorry I brutally owned you. Again, if you need further confirmation of your inability to see the Panthers for what they are go to the main boards and start a discussion.
Hey, Bouw knows more about hockey then you will ever know. He is very smart and doesnt always speak positively about something for the sake of it.

I happen to believe that we didnt get value here because Olli is not as valuable as you think. Ok. We know your opinion. We understand your point. We didnt make the greatest deal as far as player for player. But, A puck moving Defenseman is imposible to get. The game has shifted to where you really need them. He will make our whole team better. He is young with an upside. he saves us $4million compared to others we would have had to get. Forwards are easier to pick up. Tampa just got Prospal back from Philly for nothing. The same 71 point as Olli. See anyone on Philly board complaining.
San Jose gave up what they gave up for 7 weeks of Campbell for nothing. Thats the way the new NHL is.
Atlanta stupidly gave away Cobourn for Zidnik. But you know what, they will maybe get Campbell, for NOTHING. Thats the way the new NHL is. Open up your mind to what is new and not what you may be used to.

We understand your position that the Panthers needed to keep Olli for his whole career because you wanted him to stay here. They didnt.
Its over.

Think Zach Thomas, think Shaq. Thank Jason Taylor. Think Roger Clemens. It happens all the time.

Booth10 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:48 PM
  #135
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFanatic12 View Post
people of the main boards may take ur side because they hardly pay attention to the panthers games and probably seen more of the other teams u mentionned and will think there better.
NJD have three really good defensive forwards who are better than the Panther's three best.

Ballard is not a top pairing guy. Boynton is an unnecessary expense.

Our D is not top 3 in the conference. This will all be agreed with.

Panther fans think we have such a good team. If we did we would have made the playoffs...

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:50 PM
  #136
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
NJD have three really good defensive forwards who are better than the Panther's three best.

Ballard is not a top pairing guy. Boynton is an unnecessary expense.

Our D is not top 3 in the conference. This will all be agreed with.

Panther fans think we have such a good team. If we did we would have made the playoffs...
You're clueless. Ballard is a #2 defensman. Boynton is a top-4, at-worst top-6 defensmen. We are doing EXACTLY what detroit is doing, we pay defense good money because we want to be a solid defensive team. When you have a solid core like we do we can now work on the offense without having to worry about everything else. You're plan is basically Run-and-Gun for Hossa which doesn't work.

hoax15 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:51 PM
  #137
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth10 View Post
Hey, Bouw knows more about hockey then you will ever know. He is very smart and doesnt always speak positively about something for the sake of it.

I happen to believe that we didnt get value here because Olli is not as valuable as you think. Ok. We know your opinion. We understand your point. We didnt make the greatest deal as far as player for player. But, A puck moving Defenseman is imposible to get. The game has shifted to where you really need them. He will make our whole team better. He is young with an upside. he saves us $4million compared to others we would have had to get. Forwards are easier to pick up. Tampa just got Prospal back from Philly for nothing. See anyone on Philly board complaining.
San Jose gave up what they gave up for 7 weeks of Campbell for nothing. Thats the way the new NHL is.
We understand your position that the Panthers needed to keep Olli for his whole career because you wanted him to stay here. They didnt.
Its over.
Give me a break.

The puck moving d-man argument is a crappy one. Who is he going to pass it up to?

We need a first line! Not a PMD!

Nice argument you made, like bouw you put words in my mouth. ROFL

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:51 PM
  #138
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
Give me a break.

The puck moving d-man argument is a crappy one. Who is he going to pass it up to?

We need a first line! Not a PMD!

Nice argument you made, like bouw you put words in my mouth. ROFL
Learn defensive hockey, and grow up.

hoax15 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:53 PM
  #139
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
You're clueless. Ballard is a #2 defensman. Boynton is a top-4, at-worst top-6 defensmen. We are doing EXACTLY what detroit is doing, we pay defense good money because we want to be a solid defensive team. When you have a solid core like we do we can now work on the offense without having to worry about everything else. You're plan is basically Run-and-Gun for Hossa which doesn't work.
I said we wont get Hossa! LOL ROFL Stop putting words in my mouth.

JM is a horrible manager of assets. Horrible. He can't manage this team's assets worth a damn! My plan isn't run and gun, again, words in my mouth! Does your ass still hurt?

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:54 PM
  #140
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Learn defensive hockey, and grow up.
I understand defensive hockey, it is really boring to watch and we don't have that good of a defense.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:55 PM
  #141
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
LOL. Keep on digging yourself a bigger hole.
Are you delusional? Go post on the main board! O wait, everyone hates the Panthers!!!!!

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:56 PM
  #142
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
I said we wont get Hossa! LOL ROFL Stop putting words in my mouth.

JM is a horrible manager of assets. Horrible. He can't manage this team's assets worth a damn! My plan isn't run and gun, again, words in my mouth! Does your ass still hurt?
Horrible manager of assets? Thats why we still have all of our prospects and we got great assets during the draft. We got a stud on defense along with bouwmeester and that is a good combo. TSN agrees and so do many other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
I understand defensive hockey, it is really boring to watch and we don't have that good of a defense.
You've...obviously never seen the devils.

hoax15 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:56 PM
  #143
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth10 View Post
Hey, Bouw knows more about hockey then you will ever know. He is very smart and doesnt always speak positively about something for the sake of it.

I happen to believe that we didnt get value here because Olli is not as valuable as you think. Ok. We know your opinion. We understand your point. We didnt make the greatest deal as far as player for player. But, A puck moving Defenseman is imposible to get. The game has shifted to where you really need them. He will make our whole team better. He is young with an upside. he saves us $4million compared to others we would have had to get. Forwards are easier to pick up. Tampa just got Prospal back from Philly for nothing. The same 71 point as Olli. See anyone on Philly board complaining.
San Jose gave up what they gave up for 7 weeks of Campbell for nothing. Thats the way the new NHL is.
Atlanta stupidly gave away Cobourn for Zidnik. But you know what, they will maybe get Campbell, for NOTHING. Thats the way the new NHL is. Open up your mind to what is new and not what you may be used to.

We understand your position that the Panthers needed to keep Olli for his whole career because you wanted him to stay here. They didnt.
Its over.

Think Zach Thomas, think Shaq. Thank Jason Taylor. Think Roger Clemens. It happens all the time.
Never said we should have kept Olli here forever, words in my mouth again.Stop guys, if you don't put words in my mouth I wont have to respond to all these ridiculous posts.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:57 PM
  #144
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
Never said we should have kept Olli here forever, words in my mouth again.Stop guys, if you don't put words in my mouth I wont have to respond to all these ridiculous posts.
GOOD! Please dont.

hoax15 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:57 PM
  #145
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Horrible manager of assets? Thats why we still have all of our prospects and we got great assets during the draft. We got a stud on defense along with bouwmeester and that is a good combo. TSN agrees and so do many other people.



You've...obviously never seen the devils.
?

We are likely going to lose Bouw.

Link me to TSN please.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:58 PM
  #146
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
GOOD! Please dont.
So you wont put words in my mouth?

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 04:59 PM
  #147
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
?

We are likely going to lose Bouw.

Link me to TSN please.
Did you watch the draft? When they announced it Pierre McGuire(however you spell it) went crazy saying how good of a trade this was. He said it was good for PHX because they got a #1 center, and it was good for us because we moved a disgruntled Jokinen for 2 physical presences from stud Ballard and Boynton. He said we also gained a load of character.

hoax15 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 05:01 PM
  #148
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Did you watch the draft? When they announced it Pierre McGuire(however you spell it) went crazy saying how good of a trade this was. He said it was good for PHX because they got a #1 center, and it was good for us because we moved a disgruntled Jokinen for 2 physical presences from stud Ballard and Boynton. He said we also gained a load of character.
O, that. LOL, many people disagree with his assessment, he also was ecstatic about Toronto's pick! I thought it was an article.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 05:02 PM
  #149
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
When did I concede a point? I, unlike you, stick by my words. Weiss=Pandolfo and maybe Olesz as well. And I never said Madden wasn't one of the best in the league.

Yes, Matthias had mono and before that, he was an absolute dominant physical force against the best junior-aged players in the world in the WJC, and in the OHL as well. Watching him in the Memorial Cup, he seemed to be a little weaker and his balance on his skates seemed off. Yet he was still in the top 10 in tournament scoring. This summer I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to at least get back to where he was before he got mono. Even if he still gives away a few pounds, that's alright. He was 12 pounds over the NHL average before he got mono. And he isn't exactly a boy anymore. He's 20, he didn't just get drafted this weekend. He's at that stage now where he's ready to transition from being a boy to a man.

As for your bolded part, again, I laugh.

I'm not talking about Matthias being weak on his skates AFTER mono, I'm talking about before he had mono. He can drive to the net and physically dominate the guys in juniors because he's taller and heavier, still, than a lot of them. In the NHL though he won't be able to power his way through defenders because he's not that much taller than the average NHL dman now, and he's nowhere near as strong on his skates as the normal powerforward is. Can that change with some conditioning, growing, and maturity? Sure, but Matthias is going to struggle at times during this upcoming season as he adjusts to the pro game. Just a year ago, he was considered a decent prospect, someone who was going to be a 3rd line center, with an upside of a solid 2 way second liner, capable of 45-55 points in the NHL. Now he's heralded as a future 1st liner etc... I personally believe one day he can put up 70 points in the NHL, but he's someone who will end up becoming better and better as he gets older, but it might take him some time.

He was pushed around and fell a lot when he was up with us. Sure he did well driving to the net but he did often times get knocked down while he had the puck far too easily. Also, like I said, he's still relatively skinny for his height and he's not exactly a mean, punishing player.

PanthersRule96 is offline  
Old
06-22-2008, 05:04 PM
  #150
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
I'm not talking about Matthias being weak on his skates AFTER mono, I'm talking about before he had mono. He can drive to the net and physically dominate the guys in juniors because he's taller and heavier, still, than a lot of them. In the NHL though he won't be able to power his way through defenders because he's not that much taller than the average NHL dman now, and he's nowhere near as strong on his skates as the normal powerforward is. Can that change with some conditioning, growing, and maturity? Sure, but Matthias is going to struggle at times during this upcoming season as he adjusts to the pro game. Just a year ago, he was considered a decent prospect, someone who was going to be a 3rd line center, with an upside of a solid 2 way second liner, capable of 45-55 points in the NHL. Now he's heralded as a future 1st liner etc... I personally believe one day he can put up 70 points in the NHL, but he's someone who will end up becoming better and better as he gets older, but it might take him some time.

He was pushed around and fell a lot when he was up with us. Sure he did well driving to the net but he did often times get knocked down while he had the puck far too easily. Also, like I said, he's still relatively skinny for his height and he's not exactly a mean, punishing player.
Thank you, a voice of reason.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.