HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers transition game and offense

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2008, 04:27 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

vCash: 500
ROFL @ Hoax the hypocrite. I went to the main trade forum and he is talking about how his "ass hurts" and he thinks we might finish in last place now after he learns of the trade. No mention of his new obsession with Ballard or how good Boynton is until later!

Old
06-22-2008, 04:29 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I already have, repeatedly. Sorry, you now will be known on this board as a dishonest little child who doesn't man up when he's wrong. Enjoy.
I'm so sad. GO post on the main boards about what we have been discussing. I'm sorry you bring up so many things for me to correct it becomes hard to keep in mind what I'm discussing and with who! Sorry I brutally owned you. Again, if you need further confirmation of your inability to see the Panthers for what they are go to the main boards and start a discussion.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:35 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

I remember missesbouw we were talking about who had the best D in the conference and then the NHL. I named two teams who were better than a whole bunch more. Go ask that on the main boards!

Old
06-22-2008, 04:39 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
ROFL @ Hoax the hypocrite. I went to the main trade forum and he is talking about how his "ass hurts" and he thinks we might finish in last place now after he learns of the trade. No mention of his new obsession with Ballard or how good Boynton is until later!
That was when I was freaking out that Olli is gone, you're the idiot who cant tell I've changed my mind since the MOMENT it happened.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:43 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
That was when I was freaking out that Olli is gone, you're the idiot who cant tell I've changed my mind since the MOMENT it happened.
? It was clear you had no idea who Ballard was nor did you know much about Boynton or else you wouldn't have taken such a negative view. You have done a complete 180. You said "my ass hurts" which leads me to believe you had no clue who Ballard was!

Old
06-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
I'm so sad. GO post on the main boards about what we have been discussing. I'm sorry you bring up so many things for me to correct it becomes hard to keep in mind what I'm discussing and with who! Sorry I brutally owned you. Again, if you need further confirmation of your inability to see the Panthers for what they are go to the main boards and start a discussion.
Quote:
I remember missesbouw we were talking about who had the best D in the conference and then the NHL. I named two teams who were better than a whole bunch more. Go ask that on the main boards!
LOL. Keep on digging yourself a bigger hole.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:44 PM
PanthersFanatic12

Quote:
people of the main boards may take ur side because they hardly pay attention to the panthers games and probably seen more of the other teams u mentionned and will think there better.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:46 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFanatic12 View Post
people of the main boards may take ur side because they hardly pay attention to the panthers games and probably seen more of the other teams u mentionned and will think there better.
He's either:

A) Going to say you spun something.

OR

B) Attempt to put you down.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Booth10

Quote:
Hey, Bouw knows more about hockey then you will ever know. He is very smart and doesnt always speak positively about something for the sake of it.

I happen to believe that we didnt get value here because Olli is not as valuable as you think. Ok. We know your opinion. We understand your point. We didnt make the greatest deal as far as player for player. But, A puck moving Defenseman is imposible to get. The game has shifted to where you really need them. He will make our whole team better. He is young with an upside. he saves us $4million compared to others we would have had to get. Forwards are easier to pick up. Tampa just got Prospal back from Philly for nothing. The same 71 point as Olli. See anyone on Philly board complaining.
San Jose gave up what they gave up for 7 weeks of Campbell for nothing. Thats the way the new NHL is.
Atlanta stupidly gave away Cobourn for Zidnik. But you know what, they will maybe get Campbell, for NOTHING. Thats the way the new NHL is. Open up your mind to what is new and not what you may be used to.

We understand your position that the Panthers needed to keep Olli for his whole career because you wanted him to stay here. They didnt.
Its over.

Think Zach Thomas, think Shaq. Thank Jason Taylor. Think Roger Clemens. It happens all the time.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:48 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFanatic12 View Post
NJD have three really good defensive forwards who are better than the Panther's three best.

Ballard is not a top pairing guy. Boynton is an unnecessary expense.

Our D is not top 3 in the conference. This will all be agreed with.

Panther fans think we have such a good team. If we did we would have made the playoffs...

Old
06-22-2008, 04:50 PM
hoax15

Quote:
NJD have three really good defensive forwards who are better than the Panther's three best.

Ballard is not a top pairing guy. Boynton is an unnecessary expense.

Our D is not top 3 in the conference. This will all be agreed with.

Panther fans think we have such a good team. If we did we would have made the playoffs...
You're clueless. Ballard is a #2 defensman. Boynton is a top-4, at-worst top-6 defensmen. We are doing EXACTLY what detroit is doing, we pay defense good money because we want to be a solid defensive team. When you have a solid core like we do we can now work on the offense without having to worry about everything else. You're plan is basically Run-and-Gun for Hossa which doesn't work.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:51 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth10 View Post
Hey, Bouw knows more about hockey then you will ever know. He is very smart and doesnt always speak positively about something for the sake of it.

I happen to believe that we didnt get value here because Olli is not as valuable as you think. Ok. We know your opinion. We understand your point. We didnt make the greatest deal as far as player for player. But, A puck moving Defenseman is imposible to get. The game has shifted to where you really need them. He will make our whole team better. He is young with an upside. he saves us $4million compared to others we would have had to get. Forwards are easier to pick up. Tampa just got Prospal back from Philly for nothing. See anyone on Philly board complaining.
San Jose gave up what they gave up for 7 weeks of Campbell for nothing. Thats the way the new NHL is.
We understand your position that the Panthers needed to keep Olli for his whole career because you wanted him to stay here. They didnt.
Its over.
Give me a break.

The puck moving d-man argument is a crappy one. Who is he going to pass it up to?

We need a first line! Not a PMD!

Nice argument you made, like bouw you put words in my mouth. ROFL

Old
06-22-2008, 04:51 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Give me a break.

The puck moving d-man argument is a crappy one. Who is he going to pass it up to?

We need a first line! Not a PMD!

Nice argument you made, like bouw you put words in my mouth. ROFL
Learn defensive hockey, and grow up.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:53 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
You're clueless. Ballard is a #2 defensman. Boynton is a top-4, at-worst top-6 defensmen. We are doing EXACTLY what detroit is doing, we pay defense good money because we want to be a solid defensive team. When you have a solid core like we do we can now work on the offense without having to worry about everything else. You're plan is basically Run-and-Gun for Hossa which doesn't work.
I said we wont get Hossa! LOL ROFL Stop putting words in my mouth.

JM is a horrible manager of assets. Horrible. He can't manage this team's assets worth a damn! My plan isn't run and gun, again, words in my mouth! Does your ass still hurt?

Old
06-22-2008, 04:54 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Learn defensive hockey, and grow up.
I understand defensive hockey, it is really boring to watch and we don't have that good of a defense.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:55 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
LOL. Keep on digging yourself a bigger hole.
Are you delusional? Go post on the main board! O wait, everyone hates the Panthers!!!!!

Old
06-22-2008, 04:56 PM
hoax15

Quote:
I said we wont get Hossa! LOL ROFL Stop putting words in my mouth.

JM is a horrible manager of assets. Horrible. He can't manage this team's assets worth a damn! My plan isn't run and gun, again, words in my mouth! Does your ass still hurt?
Horrible manager of assets? Thats why we still have all of our prospects and we got great assets during the draft. We got a stud on defense along with bouwmeester and that is a good combo. TSN agrees and so do many other people.

Quote:
I understand defensive hockey, it is really boring to watch and we don't have that good of a defense.
You've...obviously never seen the devils.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:56 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth10 View Post

I happen to believe that we didnt get value here because Olli is not as valuable as you think. Ok. We know your opinion. We understand your point. We didnt make the greatest deal as far as player for player. But, A puck moving Defenseman is imposible to get. The game has shifted to where you really need them. He will make our whole team better. He is young with an upside. he saves us $4million compared to others we would have had to get. Forwards are easier to pick up. Tampa just got Prospal back from Philly for nothing. The same 71 point as Olli. See anyone on Philly board complaining.
Atlanta stupidly gave away Cobourn for Zidnik. But you know what, they will maybe get Campbell, for NOTHING. Thats the way the new NHL is. Open up your mind to what is new and not what you may be used to.

Its over.

Think Zach Thomas, think Shaq. Thank Jason Taylor. Think Roger Clemens. It happens all the time.
Never said we should have kept Olli here forever, words in my mouth again.Stop guys, if you don't put words in my mouth I wont have to respond to all these ridiculous posts.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:57 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Never said we should have kept Olli here forever, words in my mouth again.Stop guys, if you don't put words in my mouth I wont have to respond to all these ridiculous posts.
GOOD! Please dont.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:57 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Horrible manager of assets? Thats why we still have all of our prospects and we got great assets during the draft. We got a stud on defense along with bouwmeester and that is a good combo. TSN agrees and so do many other people.

You've...obviously never seen the devils.
?

We are likely going to lose Bouw.

Link me to TSN please.

Old
06-22-2008, 04:58 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
GOOD! Please dont.
So you wont put words in my mouth?

Old
06-22-2008, 04:59 PM
hoax15

Quote:
?

We are likely going to lose Bouw.

Link me to TSN please.
Did you watch the draft? When they announced it Pierre McGuire(however you spell it) went crazy saying how good of a trade this was. He said it was good for PHX because they got a #1 center, and it was good for us because we moved a disgruntled Jokinen for 2 physical presences from stud Ballard and Boynton. He said we also gained a load of character.

Old
06-22-2008, 05:01 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Did you watch the draft? When they announced it Pierre McGuire(however you spell it) went crazy saying how good of a trade this was. He said it was good for PHX because they got a #1 center, and it was good for us because we moved a disgruntled Jokinen for 2 physical presences from stud Ballard and Boynton. He said we also gained a load of character.
O, that. LOL, many people disagree with his assessment, he also was ecstatic about Toronto's pick! I thought it was an article.

Old
06-22-2008, 05:02 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
When did I concede a point? I, unlike you, stick by my words. Weiss=Pandolfo and maybe Olesz as well. And I never said Madden wasn't one of the best in the league.

Yes, Matthias had mono and before that, he was an absolute dominant physical force against the best junior-aged players in the world in the WJC, and in the OHL as well. Watching him in the Memorial Cup, he seemed to be a little weaker and his balance on his skates seemed off. Yet he was still in the top 10 in tournament scoring. This summer I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to at least get back to where he was before he got mono. Even if he still gives away a few pounds, that's alright. He was 12 pounds over the NHL average before he got mono. And he isn't exactly a boy anymore. He's 20, he didn't just get drafted this weekend. He's at that stage now where he's ready to transition from being a boy to a man.

As for your bolded part, again, I laugh.

I'm not talking about Matthias being weak on his skates AFTER mono, I'm talking about before he had mono. He can drive to the net and physically dominate the guys in juniors because he's taller and heavier, still, than a lot of them. In the NHL though he won't be able to power his way through defenders because he's not that much taller than the average NHL dman now, and he's nowhere near as strong on his skates as the normal powerforward is. Can that change with some conditioning, growing, and maturity? Sure, but Matthias is going to struggle at times during this upcoming season as he adjusts to the pro game. Just a year ago, he was considered a decent prospect, someone who was going to be a 3rd line center, with an upside of a solid 2 way second liner, capable of 45-55 points in the NHL. Now he's heralded as a future 1st liner etc... I personally believe one day he can put up 70 points in the NHL, but he's someone who will end up becoming better and better as he gets older, but it might take him some time.

He was pushed around and fell a lot when he was up with us. Sure he did well driving to the net but he did often times get knocked down while he had the puck far too easily. Also, like I said, he's still relatively skinny for his height and he's not exactly a mean, punishing player.

Old
06-22-2008, 05:04 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
I'm not talking about Matthias being weak on his skates AFTER mono, I'm talking about before he had mono. He can drive to the net and physically dominate the guys in juniors because he's taller and heavier, still, than a lot of them. In the NHL though he won't be able to power his way through defenders because he's not that much taller than the average NHL dman now, and he's nowhere near as strong on his skates as the normal powerforward is. Can that change with some conditioning, growing, and maturity? Sure, but Matthias is going to struggle at times during this upcoming season as he adjusts to the pro game. Just a year ago, he was considered a decent prospect, someone who was going to be a 3rd line center, with an upside of a solid 2 way second liner, capable of 45-55 points in the NHL. Now he's heralded as a future 1st liner etc... I personally believe one day he can put up 70 points in the NHL, but he's someone who will end up becoming better and better as he gets older, but it might take him some time.

He was pushed around and fell a lot when he was up with us. Sure he did well driving to the net but he did often times get knocked down while he had the puck far too easily. Also, like I said, he's still relatively skinny for his height and he's not exactly a mean, punishing player.
Thank you, a voice of reason.

Closed Thread