HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft winners and losers

Old
06-22-2008, 09:06 AM
DarthSather99

vCash: 500
Draft winners and losers

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=526677

Some objective opinions saying we did good, especially saying Del Zotto was the steal at #20.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

some people on that thread are just crazy for saying the Islanders and Phoenix were losers.

Phoenix got Boedker and Tikhonov in round 1 and then gave up close to nothing to get a #1 center in Jokinen.

NYI did amazingly well, especially in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. They could have done better than Bailey in round 1, but more than made up for it by getting Trivino, Ness and Hamonic in round 2 and Toews, Niemi and Petrov in round 3. I'm not an Islanders fan, but I feel they did well.

Those are my two biggest winners of the draft actually, Phoenix and NYI. I think the Rangers did well too and so did teams like Nashville(Wilson,Pichard,Josi) and LA(Doughty,Teubert,Voinov).

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:13 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
some people on that thread are just crazy for saying the Islanders and Phoenix were losers.

Phoenix got Boedker and Tikhonov in round 1 and then gave up close to nothing to get a #1 center in Jokinen.

NYI did amazingly well, especially in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. They could have done better than Bailey in round 1, but more than made up for it by getting Trivino, Ness and Hamonic in round 2 and Toews, Niemi and Petrov in round 3. I'm not an Islanders fan, but I feel they did well.

Those are my two biggest winners of the draft actually, Phoenix and NYI. I think the Rangers did well too and so did teams like Nashville(Wilson,Pichard,Josi) and LA(Doughty,Teubert,Voinov).
I agree, on all fronts. Phoenix, even though I believe Jokinen is highly overrated, he's still a good player and the price was affordable, considering his cap hit.

The Islanders should have taken Filatov, but it's easier to swallow Bailey when you consider the stockpile of decent players they got later on.

I love Colin Wilson, great pick for Nashville, and Pickard is someone they needed. Trotz and Poile are the best Coach/GM combo in the league.

As for the Rangers, it's tough to say right now. I'm quite pleased with the Grachev and Gaulton selections, hopeful about Del Zotto, but scratching my head on the others.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote