HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offical 2008 Florida Panthers FA wish list

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2008, 12:41 PM
  #51
RCGP
Go Panthers
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpanthers87 View Post
I actually just was on the Flames board and Langkow has agreed on a 4 yr deal with them he is just waiting to sign it... scratch him off the list..
Yes, that what I meant when I said he is all but signed. They apparently agreed to a 4 year deal at 5M per as far back as the first round of the playoffs, but the Flames are waiting until after July 1st for cap reasons. That's straight from Sutter.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 12:46 PM
  #52
RCGP
Go Panthers
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Idk. I was in favor of picking up Hamilton off waivers last year, but after hearing what a lot of Canes fans said about him, that he's really only a PP specialist and that he deserved to be a healthy scratch as he was a lot, and focusing on his play after I heard that, I really don't want him at all. Save the money and put it towards one good forward.
Yea, same with me. He didn't produce there like he did in Chicago.

Perhaps we could give fatwood... I mean wellwood a 1 year deal to see if DeBoer can whip him into shape. If that somehow worked out we'd have our 2nd line centre role filled and he's only 25.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 12:49 PM
  #53
Bure1096
Registered User
 
Bure1096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,462
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
Give Wellwood a shot. I have a feeling Beboer will do wonderful things if we nab him.

Bure1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 01:20 PM
  #54
Cats Gambler
 
Cats Gambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cats Gambler
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...a-its-official

Boston is willing to give Hossa $8 million per year on a 4 year deal.

Yeah, he's not coming here.

Cats Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 01:40 PM
  #55
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats Gambler View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...a-its-official

Boston is willing to give Hossa $8 million per year on a 4 year deal.

Yeah, he's not coming here.
We can't afford that price tag. Would love to have him, but like Sundin, I'm not going to hold my breath, I have a daughter.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 03:52 PM
  #56
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,840
vCash: 50
What about someone like Doug Weight or Owen Nolan?? I think Weight could fill in as the #2 center or #1 if necessary...As for Nolan, hes a good veteran guy that could still put up 15-20 goals.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
  #57
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
What about someone like Doug Weight or Owen Nolan?? I think Weight could fill in as the #2 center or #1 if necessary...As for Nolan, hes a good veteran guy that could still put up 15-20 goals.
Not really interested in either, I would play Matthias over both.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 04:00 PM
  #58
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,840
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Not really interested in either, I would play Matthias over both.
Yes I would too, but if JM is going to sign anyone, you would think it would be cheap guys like that with some experience. If we get into the playoffs with our current roster, I'm afraid to even think about what might happen. Although, making the playoffs would be surprising enough...

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 09:31 PM
  #59
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,370
vCash: 500
Okay, I have a suggestion but really don't know if JM would do anything like this.

Idk if JM has thought about making any offers to any RFA. If yes why not make an offer to Svatos from Colorado. I read on the main rumors page that the Avs probably won't match any offers if it gets to around $3.5-4.0 M. He scored 37 points last year but 26 of those were goals. Yeah, he has had some injury issues. Looking at his career stats, he has been in the 60's in games played all 3 seasons he has been in the NHL. I think he is a very underated player and even if he goes down we bring Frolik up and get him some playing time. Again, not even sure if JM would be willing to go after any RFA's. What do you guys think? I think he would be perfect on the wing with Matthias centering and Olesz on the other wing.

btw he is also very good defensively. His plus/minus this year was +13.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 09:43 PM
  #60
Whale4ever
 
Whale4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: West Palm Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Okay, I have a suggestion but really don't know if JM would do anything like this.

Idk if JM has thought about making any offers to any RFA. If yes why not make an offer to Svatos from Colorado. I read on the main rumors page that the Avs probably won't match any offers if it gets to around $3.5-4.0 M. He scored 37 points last year but 26 of those were goals. Yeah, he has had some injury issues. Looking at his career stats, he has been in the 60's in games played all 3 seasons he has been in the NHL. I think he is a very underated player and even if he goes down we bring Frolik up and get him some playing time. Again, not even sure if JM would be willing to go after any RFA's. What do you guys think? I think he would be perfect on the wing with Matthias centering and Olesz on the other wing.

btw he is also very good defensively. His plus/minus this year was +13.

A true talent, with early NHL success, yet young enough for a guy like DeBoer to mold. (I'm already making him out to be a miracle worker).

I always thought Svatos to be a Quenneville type of player, whatever that may mean, but who knows?

Nice left-field pick on this one. But as stated, I totally agree that JM is not the type to tender an offer sheet. Legal though it may be, my guess is he is too old-school to travel that route. Bobby Clarke he is not.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he will do whatever is necessary - in this case or any other - to improve the club.

Whale4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 09:49 PM
  #61
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
Yea, same with me. He didn't produce there like he did in Chicago.

Perhaps we could give fatwood... I mean wellwood a 1 year deal to see if DeBoer can whip him into shape. If that somehow worked out we'd have our 2nd line centre role filled and he's only 25.
Idk, I didn't like the things I heard about Wellwood in the thread about him on the NHL Talk board. Tiny, soft, out of shape, and bad work ethic. I'd pass.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 09:50 PM
  #62
homegrizown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: pembroke pines fl
Country: United States
Posts: 524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale4ever View Post
A true talent, with early NHL success, yet young enough for a guy like DeBoer to mold. (I'm already making him out to be a miracle worker).

I always thought Svatos to be a Quenneville type of player, whatever that may mean, but who knows?

Nice left-field pick on this one. But as stated, I totally agree that JM is not the type to tender an offer sheet. Legal though it may be, my guess is he is too old-school to travel that route. Bobby Clarke he is not.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he will do whatever is necessary - in this case or any other - to improve the club.
totally agree he'd never sign a RFA unless his name was ovechekin or crosby but everyone else would do it too.

if i were looking into RFA's i'd look at perry. i love his game. i'm a fanboy

homegrizown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 09:53 PM
  #63
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post
totally agree he'd never sign a RFA unless his name was ovechekin or crosby but everyone else would do it too.

if i were looking into RFA's i'd look at perry. i love his game. i'm a fanboy
I woould love to have Perry too but think Svatos would be cheaper and probably easier to get in terms of $$$ spent!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 10:57 PM
  #64
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 835
Although anything is possible, I don't see Martin as the type to hand out offer sheets.

I'm trying not to forget how awful Free Agency can be. Guys can get so overpaid it's not even funny. Only for teams to try and dump those guys a year or two later after realizing what a huge mistake it was in the first place.

Anyway, trying to remember that, I just see us having a hard time landing anyone at a reasonable price. Hossa for $8 million? No thanks. I'd kinda like to think Malone would perhaps be on our list. But then you see rumors that Vancouver could offer him $5 million a year and it's hard to believe we would be in the running at that price.

You never know, right? You never know what's going to happen. But I'm just trying not to get my hopes up for anything at this point.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 01:57 PM
  #65
jglenn001
Registered User
 
jglenn001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jglenn001
Hossa for $8 million? Too much in my opinion, No Thanks. I doubt he would want to come here anyways.

jglenn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 09:17 PM
  #66
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglenn001 View Post
Hossa for $8 million? Too much in my opinion, No Thanks. I doubt he would want to come here anyways.
What about getting Rolston and Malone?

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 09:39 PM
  #67
homegrizown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: pembroke pines fl
Country: United States
Posts: 524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
What about getting Rolston and Malone?
i'd take them both but i think they'll get over 8 together but the leadership and hard work definetly come with both of them.

homegrizown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 06:33 PM
  #68
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,370
vCash: 500
Hey, Bertuzzi has been put on waivers by the Ducks. I wouldn't mind him back here. He did score 40 points last season. Anyone know how much his deal is to see if it would be worth paying half his salary by picking him up through the waiver wire???I think it would be awesome if we did pick him up and he played on a line with Matthias!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 06:48 PM
  #69
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 835
He is owed $4 million.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 08:31 PM
  #70
RoadDoggFL
Registered User
 
RoadDoggFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: Colombia
Posts: 4,804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
He is owed $4 million.

-ghoste
I thought we split it down the middle with the Ducks if we pick him up off of the waiver wire.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 08:36 PM
  #71
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
I thought we split it down the middle with the Ducks if we pick him up off of the waiver wire.
I would pick him up if it's only $2 m we need to pay him!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 03:30 AM
  #72
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
I thought we split it down the middle with the Ducks if we pick him up off of the waiver wire.

Quote:
A player who is being bought out or designated for unconditional release must first be offered on waivers, and any team that claims the player accepts the contract “as is” with no adjustments.
-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 07:50 AM
  #73
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
I thought we split it down the middle with the Ducks if we pick him up off of the waiver wire.
What ghoste leaves out is what you're thinking of: The salary is split 50-50 with the former team if a player is claimed off recall waivers (i.e. waived and then recalled).

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 08:47 AM
  #74
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
My free agent signings, which JM undoubtably won't do, would be Morrison and Stillman to 2 year contracts giving the Panthers lines of:

Booth-Weiss-Horton
Stillman-Morrison-Olesz
Mclean-Matthias-Frolik
Campbell-Kreps-Dvorak
extra forward Peltonen

Repik spends another year in juniors

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 12:13 AM
  #75
Heimy
Registered User
 
Heimy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: I was just here
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 500
The Lightning just called to see if I was available. bada bing

Koules, Barrie and Feaster walk into a bar and sign everybody there.

I kill myself

Heimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.