HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA-Minn Trade Proposal

Old
06-22-2008, 08:10 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

vCash: 500
LA-Minn Trade Proposal

To Kings: Skoula, rights to Demitra
To Wild: Calder

I'm not quite sure how the value is sided here but I'm just going for what will benefit each team. Calder is a dependable point producing LW and good in front of the net, the type of guy the Wild may be missing. Demitra is unlikely to resign with Minn so trading away his rights for something is better than nothing. He was very productive on his one season with the Kings and can continue on where he left off. Skoula is a big defenseman that can play a 3rd pairing role on the Kings, possibly paired with Harrold.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 08:55 PM
eyesk8r

I'm a Kings fan, and that is by far the most uneven deal i've seen. How is an underachiever like Calder going to net you Skoula and Demitra? Why would the Kings even want Skoula? Priessing is soft enough for this team, we don't need anymore soft D'men on this team.

eyesk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:05 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesk8r View Post
I'm a Kings fan, and that is by far the most uneven deal i've seen. How is an underachiever like Calder going to net you Skoula and Demitra? Why would the Kings even want Skoula? Priessing is soft enough for this team, we don't need anymore soft D'men on this team.
I don't see it as Skoula + Demitra for Calder. I see it as pretty much just Skoula, since Demitra is unlikely to be back. I also wouldn't go as far to say Skoula's soft. He doesn't play a mean game all the time but he is by no means a pushover. And he would add size to what is considered a small defense. My thinking is that he is on his last year of his contract so he would serve as a temporary fix until guys like Hickey and Teubert are ready.

Old
06-22-2008, 09:08 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
I don't see it as Skoula + Demitra for Calder. I see it as pretty much just Skoula, since Demitra is unlikely to be back. I also wouldn't go as far to say Skoula's soft. He doesn't play a mean game all the time but he is by no means a pushover. And he would add size to what is considered a small defense. My thinking is that he is on his last year of his contract so he would serve as a temporary fix until guys like Hickey and Teubert are ready.
Shocking. A proposal on HF where the poster only thinks of one team's reason for doing a trade. Who gives a **** if it works out for the Wild. As long as it works for the Kings then it's a good proposal.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:14 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Shocking. A proposal on HF where the poster only thinks of one team's reason for doing a trade. Who gives a **** if it works out for the Wild. As long as it works for the Kings then it's a good proposal.
I was only answering eyesk8er's concerns about Skoula. Calder is fair enough return if you ask me. He had 3rd line minutes this year but could easily be on the Wild's 2nd, log more minutes, and get back to scoring 40-50 points as he did prior to joining the Kings. Mind you, he was injured for almost 20 games this season too, also contributing to his abysmal year. A win for the Wild IMO as they pretty much only lose Skoula.

Old
06-22-2008, 09:40 PM
State of Hockey

I wouldn't do Skoula for Calder straight up. Calder has little value for the Wild. They already have Parrish. Skoula is a good #5 that, when playing well, is a solid top-4.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:15 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
I wouldn't do Skoula for Calder straight up. Calder has little value for the Wild. They already have Parrish. Skoula is a good #5 that, when playing well, is a solid top-4.
Hell...LA will just get Demitra in free agency anyway. Don't know why I even bothered.

Old
06-22-2008, 10:16 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
as a Kings' fan, this works for me

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:39 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Hell...LA will just get Demitra in free agency anyway. Don't know why I even bothered.
You making a proposal wasn't the problem. Let's tweek it. How about Preissing for Skoula and Demitra?

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Not bloody likely.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 11:35 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
You making a proposal wasn't the problem. Let's tweek it. How about Preissing for Skoula and Demitra?
The whole point of adding Skoula was to fill a hole on defense. Taking away Preissing would bring the Kings back to square 1.

Old
06-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Face Wash

Puck Poise

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote